blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 09:43:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272982 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  95% of players are losers?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 95% of players are losers?  (Read 3489 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 10:40:49 PM »

Im just glad i don,t rely on poker for a living.apart from the fact i am gash,times they be hard.tank are you eating candles yet.this can be a sign.

I just play part-time, full-time student.

Eat currys from ASDA paid for by your tax dimes.  Cool

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 10:45:25 PM »

Think of the Blonde community. A crowd that have more than a passing interest in the game thats for sure. Whats your best estimate of winning player % of Blondes?

I wouldnt even like to hazard a guess. It will obviously be higher than the norm % but it wont be all that high.

Lol now there is a loaded question that will never get properly answered. Such is human nature especially among poker players that alot of the long term winners will be saying "yep im a winner",  and you will get the odd honest soul who will admit to losing.
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 10:53:45 PM »

I wasnt asking people to say their own situation, just interested in everyones estimate of the overall %?

Best QM ever

FACT !
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »

I wasnt asking people to say their own situation, just interested in everyones estimate of the overall %?

Yeah i know you were, just going off on a tangent as per usual.

My estimate is that 5% seems about right, given the amount of once in a while depositers who do there money on a regular basis. Of active players say on stars at the moment i think the figure might be as high as 15%, as obviously the winners will be online a hell of more than the losers.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:13:04 PM by Longy » Logged
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »

I,ve found a new site,and am crushing it.played bout 150 hands and outta 6 pairs i have setted up 5 times on the flop,and i got AA fully paid off.this site is just like the good ol days.now you sharks stay away.its miiiine.weeeee

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 11:12:56 PM »

My estimate is that 5% seems about right, given the amount of once in a while depositers who do there money on a regular basis. Of active players say on stars at the moment i think the figure might be as high as 15%, as obviously the winners will be online a hell of moment than the losers.

Surely it must be harder on Stars where there is no rakeback which helps quite a lot of losing players on other sites make a small profit.
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 11:15:07 PM »

My estimate is that 5% seems about right, given the amount of once in a while depositers who do there money on a regular basis. Of active players say on stars at the moment i think the figure might be as high as 15%, as obviously the winners will be online a hell of moment than the losers.

Surely it must be harder on Stars where there is no rakeback which helps quite a lot of losing players on other sites make a small profit.

The high volume players on stars are getting 20+% effective rb from FPP's, but hell i picked out on stars as a random site. Insert in you own random site and yes i suppose rb will make a difference to the numbers.
smileriraq

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 11:25:12 PM »

Im in two minds i play reguarly online and according to my records most months i record a profit (OCCASIONALLY IVE BROKE EVEN) even if its only a small one think once i recorded a monthly loss of $10 but when in profit im usually $40-$100 up for then month

Im a reasonable player playing at low stake level $5 SNG and this month my poker bankroll has cracked £1000 (NB that is over a period of 2-3 years) Whilst I dont think Ill be booking my seat at WSOP anytime soon I win more than I lose yet I cannot envisage that I am in the top 5% . Ive now moved up a level ($10 SNG) and so far no real changes in my results.

What im trying to say is that anyone with any degree of poker sense could im sure replicate these results or is it a case im slumming below my level (dont think its the latter)

Click to see full-size image.
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 11:37:05 PM »

I reckon that there is a very small percentage of people who have at some time played online poker who have left with profit, probably less than 1%.

Most players have no bankroll management and even if they win they will keep playing higher stakes until they have lost it all.

There will be a higher percentage of winning players online at any point in time as winning players would play more than the average losing player, say 5% to 15%.

A place like blonde will attract people who live poker and spend a lot of time playing/reading/improving their game. So they percentage of winning players might be as high as 50% for regular posters and 25% for less regular posters.

All this is just my best guess though, I am sure that there has been some surveys done if you can trust the results.

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 11:14:50 AM »

I once interviwed the man who runs/invented sharkscope. He claimed that in sit and gos at least that according to the data they had less than a third of players were winners and the rest were unprofitable, I certainly fall into the latter in terms of sit and gos.

Doing a little digging on OPR (which isn't 100% accurate) purely on Full Tilt Stats. For mtts with fields over 11 runners, 114,000/461,000 are in profit of which around 16,500 have a profit of $1,000+

FWIW for those that play (or have) played on PokerStars you can email support and they'll send you your lifetime profit/loss stats (excluding ring games).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 11:27:39 AM »

FWIW for those that play (or have) played on PokerStars you can email support and they'll send you your lifetime profit/loss stats (excluding ring games).

[  ] That's a figure I want to know.
smileriraq

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 11:51:39 AM »

also "profitable" could be open to interpretation

If I play 100 $5 and record a profit of $60 is that profitable given the time spent

personally I think it is because i play the game for enjoyment rather than to make money but just because thats my take on it someone else could easily think otherwise

Click to see full-size image.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 02:07:46 PM »

also "profitable" could be open to interpretation

If I play 100 $5 and record a profit of $60 is that profitable given the time spent

personally I think it is because i play the game for enjoyment rather than to make money but just because thats my take on it someone else could easily think otherwise

yeah

bout 5% roi

not bad,but not life changing

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »

So i emailed Stars for my stats and got a reply within a couple of hours, with five reports attached. What i can draw from them is the following. I've withdrawan approx $3.3k more than i've deposited, been transferred about $2.2k more than i've transferred to other, i'm $64.35 down in HU games lifetime and that i've played 150,494 hands on PokerStars since I created my account. That's about it.They also attach reports detailing your sit and go record and one for regular tournaments. But, if you've played satellites, either mtt format or sit and go then your total profit/loss for the last two will be skewed as it doesn't record if you un-reg'd or not.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:00:49 PM by dino1980 » Logged
ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 03:24:49 PM »

can you get this info from ipoker / titan?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: