blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:07:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT London: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT London: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 16179 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 07:07:03 PM »

Pete Linton is on the felt fumes of the shrapnel of the coppers after getting all-in with aces on a against Alan Vinson's which held on the turn and river.

Meanwhile Joe 'BigEgypt' Elpayaa successfully check/raised a flop before attempting to commit his opponent with a 4,900 on the-not-scary-at-all turn to elicit a fold from his opponent.

Early indications indicate that there's a indicative indication that Arnaud Mattern is the chip leader with 46k.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »

Barny Boatman is out, c/r a 9-8-8 flop from 1,200 to 3,200. Check-calling 4,000 on the turn before shoving the on Queen river for 11,000 with 8-5 and being called by Q-Q.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »

Going along slowly but surely is Michael Greco.

He cashed at the EPT Barcelona where he waited patiently for his opportunities which eventually came his way and it looks like a similar strat is in operation today.

And Mr Levi, new hat complete with Winamax logo and all, is flying along now, compared to his previous shortstack...up to 15,000 and able to play a little more poker at this point.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 07:48:34 PM »

Chili is out, betting the 1,100 flop, getting the call from the big blind.

On the turn , she moved in for around 4,000 and was quickly called by her opponent's . Maria could only flip and needed to catch her straight but missed on the river.

She joined the other two members of Team Busto Notts at the bar...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 08:16:57 PM »

37241.msg818625#msg818625 date=1222887367]
Hello guys, great posts as usual, sad to hear about chili.  Have any of you happened to see skalie?  We're not sure what day he's playing.  love Bev xx
[/quote]

We saw him earlier will check after the:

*************************45 Minute Dinner Break*****************************

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 08:26:05 PM »

Ok guys, we're on a dinner break but here's some random counts from the felt...

Gus Hansen, last seen folding  a three diamonds board to a 4k river bet - 17k.

Wake up Gus!

Ian "The Raiser" Frazer - 31,000. Very nice.

Jason Mercier - 12,000 - ZIP!

Even before I got back down to the press room to report on his 12,000 stack, he had busted. Although Jason has had a lightning start to his poker career, his form eluded him today and we lose Poochie/ Jason from the tournament.

The immensely talented young American will be back soon though.

Click to see full-size image.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »

Pirate Press

Ahar me heartys, 'ere be tha news of that landlubber Max "Tha Italian Pirate" Pescatori.

'E 'as plundered booty all day, and now has over 32,000 doubloons to his name.

AHAR!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 08:35:46 PM »

A couple of other counts. No photos sorry!

David Young - 8k
Alan Vinson - 22k

And with that I can grab some dinner! See you in roughly 30 minutes back for the restart.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 09:43:39 PM »

Gavin Griffin seems to be every pot on his table, he called bets on the flop, turn and river of a 2-5-T-6-x board with 6-4o against his opponent who could only show a missed A-K, propelling Gavin towards the top of the leaderboard. Soon after though, he was at it again firing 1,500 on a board, this time he was check/raised to 4,600 and gave up the pot very quickly. He's still on about 64,000 though.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 09:55:51 PM »

Other People Doing Fairly Well At This Moment In Time. (Well Not This Moment, The Moment The Photo Was Taken).

Joseph 'BigEgypt'  -- 60kish

This Guy Sitting Next To Nicolas Levi, Whose Name I Don't Know -- 73k

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »

Girl On Girl Action!

Not just posted for the tittilation, this was a key pot between Annette Obrestad and Team Pokerstars sponsored Vanessa Rousso...

I joined the hand on the flop of a T-3-3 board.

Annette had bet out 2,600  from late position, flatted by the small blind and check raised by Vanessa Rousso from the small blind to 6,000.

Annette went deep into thought before picking up her entire stack and pushing it over the line, approximately 30k more! Wow!

The small blind somehow managed to tank for a minute before passing and Rousso insta-called!

With a $55,000 pot brewing, they flipped their cards.

Vanessa had 3-2 for trip threes, while Annette showed down 3-6 for better trips, though a split was by far the most likely outcome.

The turn came a DEUCE! Sick card, putting Rousso in the lead.

Here was Annette's reaction.

Needing to now spike a 6 or T to salvage the pot, neither arrived on the blank turn and river, meaning Vanessa Rousso moves up into what is likely to be the chip lead, whilst Annette looked forlorn and crippled, down to a few thousand chips. Rousso delivered what sounded like a sincere apology to Annette but I don't think the Norwegian could hear it as she stacked up her remaining handful of chips in her sealed world of pain and misery.

Horrible luck for the Norwegian, who would have been a massive danger if she could have won that crucial pot. As it is though, it's Rousso who now holds a dominant stack.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 10:20:47 PM »

Skalie-wagged!

Sadly for Bev Pace and any other followers of last year's WSOP Main Event finalist, Jon "Skalie" Kalmar is OUT!

I caught up with him shortly after he's busted and he had this to say...

"I'm toast. I got short and went for it with A-8, only to run into A-T...I can't buy a hand at the moment. I'm off to the bar to have a few drinks!"

Good game sir...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »

Any chance of a chip update on Craig 'Apple' Hopkins

Nice work as usual

Afraid he's gone, 'The Apple' pushed for 4,800 during the 200/400 level with A-K and was called by the big blind (only playing 6k himself) with which spiked a seven in call that might be described as rotten to the core...

Jon 'Skalie' Kalmar is also presumed out, he was spotted sinking a pint at the bar.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 10:28:18 PM »

George 'Wellchief' McDonald is another casualty, a day of grinding ending up with A-Q < A-K.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »

Despite the frequent flowing of casualties, we've already lost around 2/3's of the field due to what Canadian Martin Derbyshire says is "Eurodonkery" there will still be one more level, this got a roll of the eyes from some, including Michael Martin who probably is feeling a little jet-lagged (he has 60k atm, he'll be fine!). I think though that those in charge have got it right playing it out tonight since we won't know how many are coming tomorrow. Rather have the short nights later this week than tonight I think is the plan.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: