blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I feel like I should.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I feel like I should.....  (Read 1220 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2008, 01:39:39 PM »

...jump on the bandwagon and write my APAT trip report!

I didn't have time to build up any anticipation of the event after a late change in arrangements meant my daughter would be spending this weekend instead of next with her dad.  Off to the blonde staking board on Friday night, and managed to sell 50% of shares in fairly quick time, including a very generous offer from one individual to take anything I didn't sell (although it wasn't needed in the end) - but thanks to you xxx. 

Anyhoo, arrived quite early at Luton on the Saturday and enjoyed a fun game of kalooki with the lads, at-it Bradley, Booder and big Laz.  After a bit of a dry spell I'd had a good couple of weeks of poker with two fairly good cashes at Luton, I was feeling confident and on top of my game, and couldn't wait for shuffle up and deal.  The table draw came up and I found myself at table 9 seat 3.  I texted Matt the news - many of you will remember the famous  three diamonds hand at the final table of BB3 - I took this as a good omen!  The table was a mixed bag - Vinnie (Celtic) to my immediate left and Booder over the other side of the table and a few other Wink soft spots ripe for pillaging.  It didn't take me long to win my first big pot.  I can't remember all the details, but I was playing     in position, and a player in early position had called my pre-flop raise.  By the time the river came down the board was pretty scary looking - something like    .  There's about 5k in the pot at this point and oppo fires out 2.5k.  There's been action on every street, and I'm pretty sure he has  and has missed - he's giving away every sign that he doesn't want a call.  I say that I think he's missed, and get the information I need to make the call.  He turns over  .  Not quite what I was expecting, but good enough for me.  Same player took down another pot a few hands later pushing all in on the river with two to act behind him.  It was so obviously a stone cold bluff I was gutted I didn't have any cards in front of me to call with.  The players left to act reluctantly passed (pretty sure they knew he was at it too, but didn't have anything to call with).  He flipped over Jack high.  Sigh.

Ours was the first table to break, which was a shame, but I was leaving it with 24k, having become the early tournament chip leader - so far so good.  I'm given my new seat - table 3 seat 9.  Text Matt again - he replies they may as well just declare me the winner now Grin  The new table seems a bit more solid.  MDD is there, as is eventually winner Neil Blatchley.  The soft spot here seems to be a young guy in seat 2 or 3 - he's playing a lot of cards and showing a lot of bluffs.  He limps on my big blind - I have  - the full wilson, and decide to sneakily slow play it and elect to check.  The flop is a rather pleasing      I fire out a bet, and Matey Boy insta calls. The turn is a blank.  As far as I recall, we both check.  The river brings a third spade and I bet out 1.5k into the 3k or so pot.  Mateyboy thinks for a bit, picks up a stack of 500chips, and puts them over the line at the same time declaring that he is 'all in'.  A ruling is called for to decide whether it goes as a call or a minimum raise, and a minimum raise is decided upon.  I watch mateyboy for half a minute or so.  He is staring at the flop so intently I am almost certain he has none of it and has decided to represent the flush - the fact he wanted to stick all his chips in sways me even more towards thinking my third pair is good.  I say I don't think he has it, but if he has, I'll pay him off.  The second I make the call he mucks his cards and my 7 is good.  I'm sitting pretty now and feeling on top of the game.

Now to the hand I wished I hadn't played.  I find  in the small blind, and Neil Blatchley has limped in mid position.  I put in a small raise, and he calls.  The flop comes  and we both check.  The turn brings a , I check and Neil bets out for about 2/3 of the pot.  I have him covered by about 2:1 and decide to put him to a decision for his tournament life and announce 'all in'.  Neil calls in an instant and shows  and I'm drawing dead and kicking myself.  I'm still in the tournament though, and although I've got less than 10bbs I'm still not far below average chips.  I sit tight for a bit, picking my spots, and pushing with half decent hands.  Never getting looked up, I manage to pretty much double up my stack over the next couple of levels just from picking up blinds with uncalled shoves.  Down to the final three tables, and I'm sitting on 16k, with average at 31k.  First hand after a break, and I look down to see  and am doubled up when I get it all in pre-flop against the  of another player whos name escapes me, but he was another one who went on to final table).

A few hands later, and this is the hand that perhaps sticks in my mind the most.  The blinds are 1/2k and Briony Stone, sat to my immediate right raises to 6k and I flat call with  .  Next to act is a mega short stack who moves all in for 4k.  We see a flop of  and Briony immediately fires out for about 12k.  With the other player all in I have to give her credit for a monster and pass my AJ face up.  Briony takes the 4k side pot, and I can't hide my surprise when she turns over  for second pair, no draw.  Anyway, it holds up for her and we lose a player.  With blinds going up and players dropping, I find myself at the last two tables needing to double up to get back to average.  The opportunity comes when Briony moves all in and I look down to find  .  She has me just covered, and turns over  .  I should be pleased, but I have a feeling the Jack is coming and am almost expecting it.  The flop brings three blanks, as does the turn and I start to wonder if maybe this time my feeling was wrong, but there it is  - on the river, and I'm done.  GG, WP etc

I'm disappointed not to final and bring home some return for those that had faith enough to back me, but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and came away pleased with how I had played and no regrets (apart from the stupid hand where I doubled up Neil Blatchley - glad he put my chips to good use though!).

Big thanks to everyone at APAT and Luton for another superb tournament, and for all the players who made it such an enjoyable day, particularly the heavy blonde contingent.  Can't wait for the next one - I'm sure my big win will come!!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:17:23 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »

39 suited, everyone loves it, ul claire claw
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 02:00:55 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »

Hi Claire,

Thought you played a really good game throughout and only mis played one hand in the whole day (thank god it was against me).

Incredibly unlucky not to final table after that sick river.  All the best for future events Smiley
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »

Hi Claire,

Thought you played a really good game throughout and only mis played one hand in the whole day (thank god it was against me).

Incredibly unlucky not to final table after that sick river.  All the best for future events Smiley

thanks - and well done you!!!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 07:40:57 PM »

well done m8

I had me claws crossed for you all night

Why are you called Claw, great name,v bird like

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 07:47:31 PM »

UL Claire.   Sad  Was sure you'd go the distance this week-end, but now worries...you'll get there.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 07:48:22 PM »

well done m8

cos I am a bird Wink

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »

well done m8

cos I am a bird Wink
75 yo bird

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 12:04:29 AM »

Great report and as I keep saying your time will come  thumbs up