blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Simon Trumper GUKPT £3150 Grand Final at The Vic
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simon Trumper GUKPT £3150 Grand Final at The Vic  (Read 13600 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 01:25:30 AM »

im serious
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 01:50:13 AM »

im serious

What do you mean by "more action"?.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 02:00:16 AM »

well people can buy % for the same price and james will pay out any winnings that simon gets to the % that people buy. basically fluhsy is 'Laying' simon, or cutting out the middle man.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 02:26:03 AM »

well people can buy % for the same price and james will pay out any winnings that simon gets to the % that people buy. basically fluhsy is 'Laying' simon, or cutting out the middle man.

Oh, I see........

Beautifully mischievious.

I'm fine with my Stake as it is, win or lose, but thank you.

I have a rather odd & very personal staking criteria, ( I don't usually stake, actually), always have had, & I'm 100% happy with it, & though I don't do it for financial gain, in truth, it's a "friend to friend" thing with me, I've made fortunes, just by backing the right people, quite by chance sometimes.

I gather from numerous sources that shares in MSN rocketed after my comments last week, but it was not intended as a slight on Flushy at all, & my comments made that wholly clear. I'm 100% happy to back Simon again, & I'm freerolling.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 02:28:03 AM »

yeah i understand. Flushy just giving people the opportunity to get involved if they have missed out on this one.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 02:33:27 AM »

yeah i understand. Flushy just giving people the opportunity to get involved if they have missed out on this one.

Yes, yes, of course. It's most considerate of him.

I don't actually like the notion of "laying", never have, be it poker, greyhounds, or football.  I know it comes to almost the same thing, but wishing your selection to win seems inherently different in my mind to wishing one's selection loses. Hard to explain, but it's just how I see it. Hence, I've never "laid" any bet, as such, in my life.

I don't specifically "want" anyone to lose in poker. I particularly like certain people to win.

I know, that makes no sense at all, but it works for me.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 02:44:41 AM »

yeah i suppose the trick in poker and money related issues is to keep friends and business seperate if your soul aim is to make money. I like simon and what he stands for so will be wishing him on. id sooner 'stake' someone else tho if i was purely looking for an investment. However when investing id rather pick someone i knew rather than someone i didn't as ive heard a lot of staking gone wrong stories.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 02:55:39 AM »

Oh, I see........

I have a rather odd & very personal staking criteria, ( I don't usually stake, actually), always have had, & I'm 100% happy with it, & though I don't do it for financial gain, in truth, it's a "friend to friend" thing with me, I've made fortunes, just by backing the right people, quite by chance sometimes.

I gather from numerous sources that shares in MSN rocketed after my comments last week, but it was not intended as a slight on Flushy at all, & my comments made that wholly clear. I'm 100% happy to back Simon again, & I'm freerolling.

Different gravy!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 03:06:37 AM »

yeah i suppose the trick in poker and money related issues is to keep friends and business seperate if your soul aim is to make money. I like simon and what he stands for so will be wishing him on. id sooner 'stake' someone else tho if i was purely looking for an investment. However when investing id rather pick someone i knew rather than someone i didn't as ive heard a lot of staking gone wrong stories.

As you correctly identify, my aim is not solely to make money - but by sheer chance, I keep getting lucky. Friends who wanted a bit of backing at just the right time, I was always happy to help, but they have to be close friends, who I trust, & I get as much pleasure as they do, win or lose, & I'm not fussed about profit. But I've backed, I dunno, maybe 5 players "seriously", of which three have earned me net profits into 5 figures. Yup, I run good.

I've been delighted with my little stake in Simon, it's given me enormous pleasure, I'm almost feeling part of the Circuit again, & I know Simon won't go down without giving his very best, & I much respect his game, his demeanour, & achievements. On top of which, he keeps us all updated, Tourney Reports well & promptly delivered, & we know he will not do a runner with our dosh. Like any of us, he needs a little luck, but if he gets chips, he won't sacrifice them easily, or squander them, believe me.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 03:10:13 AM »

Oh, I see........

Different gravy!

Wink

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 03:10:51 AM »

As you correctly identify, my aim is not solely to make money - but by sheer chance, I keep getting lucky. Friends who wanted a bit of backing at just the right time, I was always happy to help, but they have to be close friends, who I trust, & I get as much pleasure as they do, win or lose, & I'm not fussed about profit. But I've backed, I dunno, maybe 5 players "seriously", of which three have earned me net profits into 5 figures. Yup, I run good.

I've been delighted with my little stake in Simon, it's given me enormous pleasure, I'm almost feeling part of the Circuit again, & I know Simon won't go down without giving his very best, & I much respect his game, his demeanour, & achievements. On top of which, he keeps us all updated, Tourney Reports well & promptly delivered, & we know he will not do a runner with our dosh. Like any of us, he needs a little luck, but if he gets chips, he won't sacrifice them easily, or squander them, believe me.

yeah i do like how he keeps backers up to date, with the well written reports. might get involved through flushy now lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 03:15:20 AM »

yeah i do like how he keeps backers up to date, with the well written reports. might get involved through flushy now lol

Lol, too!

I can hardly wish you good luck, though, because that'd be wishing Simon loses......

I'm sure you & I will both be more than happy with our respective stances - how's that for diplomacy?

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 03:17:42 AM »

cooey-wooey-woo

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 03:21:41 AM »

cooey-wooey-woo

Hush you. Wink

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008, 03:24:15 AM »

Lol, too!

I can hardly wish you good luck, though, because that'd be wishing Simon loses......

I'm sure you & I will both be more than happy with our respective stances - how's that for diplomacy?

Rick was saying he might get involved with FLushy.. Meaning he may take flushy on and back Simon.

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: