blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 08:43:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273171 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Go Blur!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Go Blur!!!  (Read 5907 times)
sledge13

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 12:36:13 PM »

This would be brilliant to see them back, who knows what style they would play after Damons Opera and Gorillaz.

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/40885
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 01:12:12 PM »

Oasis FTW !
WYSINWYG

MPD sufferer. (+2 Hidden)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »

ok I'm gonna come out of the closet for the first time and say it loud and proud: Oasis WTF. I'm a big Blur fan so maybe you're one or the other. Personally I hate them being mentioned even in the same sentence. Blur was the soundtrack of the 90's for me, Oasis a boorish cacophony and I have no idea why anyone liked even their popular stuff. Sorry, maybe it's chaq'un a son group. 

Blur reunion gig will be $$$ and I would pay it.

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 01:23:42 PM »

Oasis a boorish cacophony

Not sure you could ever call Oasis early stuff boorish Smiley There first 2-3 albums were amazing and blew Blur out of the water by a long long way.
WYSINWYG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 01:25:52 PM »

Oasis a boorish cacophony

Not sure you could ever call Oasis early stuff boorish Smiley There first 2-3 albums were amazing and blew Blur out of the water by a long long way.

Look at your poor cat getting angry at you putting on another of their fine tracks.

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »

I thought the whole Blur vs Oasis was a media creation, just about everyone know liked both of them or neither.
WYSINWYG

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 01:31:38 PM »

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »

I don't, Liam basically has a big mouth and talks a lot of crap. Noel however is a lot more savvy and saw creating a battle with blur as a way to make loads of money.

The press loved it, both sold a shedload of singles/albums. Happy days all round.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 01:39:54 PM »

Blur arrived in the top 10 in 1991, Oasis appeared in 1994...dont really need to say who set the scene. But at the time I liked both the same, Oasis first two albums were great but after that its just the same recycled tired formula, Blurs first album is actually their weakest but after that they went from strength to strength. Just look at the 1997 efforts from each...Be Here Now is terrible, Blur by Blur was a total reinvention and excellent.

What sealed it for me was when I had seen both live, Blur live are amazing and if they do come back make sure you catch them. I saw Oasis at Knebworth the so called legendary gig when there was 120,000 people, they barley spoke to the crowd and Liam was a static object, in fact you could have just put a cd and some shop dummys, it was incredibly dull, Prodigy blew them away at their own gig!

If you only know Blur from chart friendly stuff like Country House and Park Life, check these two out:

1993 - Popscene - way ahead of its time.

1999 - Song 2 - Live at wembley...now thats a live show!

The Sweeney

"I am utterly and abjectly pissed off"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 01:55:46 PM »

No discussion about the best bands of the nineties would be complete without...

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner yet, so unless you want a kickin'..."
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »

Oasis FTW !

I guess i opened up a can of worms !
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »

Oasis FTW !

I guess i opened up a can of worms !

Lol yeah...I always give Oasis another try but yet again their new album is total meh.
WYSINWYG

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »

I'm wondering if in 10 years time people will look back on the noughties and reflect on its talent with such affection, or just eyeroll at the mostly manufactured nonsense. We wus spoiled in the 80's and 90's but didn't know it.

I did see Radiohead live (in the Bends era) and they were spectacular. Saw Prodigy too 'This is gonna **** u right up' was their opening promise. Blew us away...

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »

I'm wondering if in 10 years time people will look back on the noughties and reflect on its talent with such affection, or just eyeroll at the mostly manufactured nonsense. We wus spoiled in the 80's and 90's but didn't know it.

I did see Radiohead live (in the Bends era) and they were spectacular. Saw Prodigy too 'This is gonna **** u right up' was their opening promise. Blew us away...

The noughties has been pretty terrible, esp the English music scene...just look at the nme online page, top two headlines are Blur and Oasis, no way would they have had 80s bands on there in the 90s.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »

Damon Albarn - I would. 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: