blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Me ears are alight" Misheard song lyrics
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Me ears are alight" Misheard song lyrics  (Read 4725 times)
Redsgirl

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:31:20 PM »

As a newbie ive spent a lot of time lately reading old threads at random, and have just finished Tightends "favourite song lyrics" fantastic stuff, some of you guy's are realy into your music, but i wonder if any of you, or your friends have ever            heard wrong?                                                                                                                                                                                        I give you  as examples my husband crooning along to the Pointer Sisters Slowhand one romantic evening "we were drifting free, like two lost sheep on the crazy wind of the night" It kind of spoiled the moment.                                                                           Another favourite of his is the Don Mclean classic "Bye Bye mista merry go round"?!!!                                                          No matter                  how many times i patiently tell him its  "American pie" he still reverts to his version after two pints.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I must admit though, as stupid  as this sounds i thought Tracy Chapman sang this in Fast car "city lights lay out before us and your arms and legs wrapped  round my shoulders"  Now i know this doesent make any sense (unless she was dating a contorsionist) but i just couldnt hear anything else! It was years before i found out the real words "your arms felt nice w             rapped round my shoulders"  sooo obvious! why was i such a pillock!                                                                                          So  do we have some kind of aural dyslexia or has this ever happend to anyone else?                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 11:06:12 PM »

my mum thought that song 'how bizarre' was about a bloke called 'Al Frizzar' until i corrected her.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 11:12:53 PM »

"all the women who are independent throw your pants at batman" as sung by my brother.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:09:27 AM »

Y Viva Espana - I used to think the line 'Espana pour favour' was a reference to the holiday cost - 'Espana four pounds four' - decent value if ever I heard it.

One of my sisters thought the Sunday school song 'I will make you fishers of men' was 'I will make you vicious old men'.

A school friend's mother thought 'Mull of Kintyre' was 'Bollocking Time' 

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 12:21:52 AM »

When you mishear lyrics like that it's called a "Mondegreen" - a phrase coined by American writer Sylvia Wright who misheard the final line of the ballad 'The Bonnie Earl of o'Murray' read to her by her Mother when she was a wee one ....

Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,
        Oh, where hae ye been?
        They hae slain the Earl Amurray,
        And Lady Mondegreen.

The last line is actually "And laid him on the green"

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 12:28:04 AM »

just remebered spending a long time with some mates trying to figure out what mancherons were as in the stranglers golden brown song 'golden brown, texture like sun, lays me down, with my mancherons' or the more accpted version of the lyrics 'golden brown, texture like sun, lays me down, with my mind she runs' - we were pretty stoned though.
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 02:37:32 AM »

The one that is driving me nuts at the moment is 'Human' by the Killers. It sounds like:

"Are we human or are we dancer"

Is it acutally denser? Or something else?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 02:39:08 AM »

I can still never listen to 'so lonely' by the Police without singing along 'sue lawley, sue lawley'

Swordpoker, 'dancer' is the correct lyric to the killers song.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:44:43 AM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 02:51:40 AM »

Sur le pont d'Avignon
horny dancer, horny dancer.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:18 AM »

The one that is driving me nuts at the moment is 'Human' by the Killers. It sounds like:

"Are we human or are we dancer"

Is it acutally denser? Or something else?

"dancer" apparently.
See http://www.mp3lyrics.org/t/the-killers/human/ for a discussion.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 07:28:59 AM »

I quite liked Neil Diamond's song about a hip preacher:-

"Reverend Blue Jeans"

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 08:16:57 AM »

The Irish National Anthem ends with 'Shoving Connie around the fields' 

No...really it does. 

Or maybe not. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 10:00:58 AM »

I always like the old Herman's Hermits classic "She's a muscular boy" or as some people thought "must to avoid"  Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »

just remebered spending a long time with some mates trying to figure out what mancherons were as in the stranglers golden brown song 'golden brown, texture like sun, lays me down, with my mancherons' or the more accpted version of the lyrics 'golden brown, texture like sun, lays me down, with my mach heroes' - we were pretty stoned though.

FYP

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 03:00:49 PM »

I love it when there are deliberate phonetical ambiguities in songs. The Black Eyed Peas do it if a few of their songs. In 'My humps' they mix up the words 'surreal' with 'so real'. Clever stuff 'coz the mean the complete opposite of each other. Confuses the mind and puts you in trance - just my kinda thing Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: