blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  A recent tournament for criticism
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A recent tournament for criticism  (Read 1668 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:02:40 AM »

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/flash/s_replay.swf?sessionid=1903

I've noticed recently that I appear to be good at running deep in a number of large-runner tournaments, but am pretty useless at converting running deep into something substantial, for example I'm really good at finishing somewhere like 133/1894, and inevitably cashing for a few dollars more than my original buy-in rather than taking down 3-4 figure scores.

I've attached a flash replayer of my entire hand history from the last tournament I played, which was a $4000 guaranteed, $5+$0.50 6-max on PokerStars. Starting chips were 3000 and blinds were 15 minutes long, starting at 10/20 and were a normal Stars structure (by that I mean the structure for the smaller guaranteed freezeout comps). The hand history is set to play every hand, so people can get an idea of the image I had and form their opinions of my opponents, but there is the option to skip a hand if I fold pre.

I'm hoping that some of the "bigger" MTT monkeys, such as Moorman, Pab, LeKnave, Flushy et al, will notice this and pop in to give constructive criticism. I'm willing to answer questions on all aspects of my play in that tournament, and my aim is that hopefully all of the less experienced MTTers like myself will be able to learn from this, and maybe this could turn into a running theme like the Hand of the Week and In the Well was?

If this takes off, then it does, if not, then it was worth a try.

Plus, it's always fun to take the mick out of how I play Smiley
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:04:43 AM by sharplea » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: