blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  The Best Omaha Hand
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best Omaha Hand  (Read 6306 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 09:19:44 AM »

i thinkĀ  As Ah is the best possible starting hand isnt it?

thats what ive always been led to believe

The argument between AAJT ds and AAKK ds is you are more likely to be paid off with flushes with AAJT if your foe has KKds, and the AAJT makes more straights. Its so rare to get them that its a bit esoteric. I think the best Omaha hand is one that can break your opponents Aces when he can't lay them down on a flop.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 09:40:53 AM »

the only advantage of AAKK over AAJT is if u happen to hit ur king and miss your ace.

I have no idea why people think it is so good! And as redsimon says, you take away the chance someone has a king flush!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 06:53:43 PM »

I only asked this question because in his book, 'Play Poker Like the Pros', Phil Hellmuth suggests that  was the best hand.

He then mentions that Cloutier would go for  instead.

So which is the best and why?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 07:13:14 PM »

I'd go for the AAJTds because, as has been said before, with AAKKds nobody will make a K high flush with your nut flush. Also I think AAJTds is easier to let go of on a bad flop.
I remember the first couple of times I was dealt AAKKds I made some bad calls just coz I wanted to show it down. (low limits)

I don't have the software to run both in high speed simulation against random hands in all positions against intelligent opponents. I opted not to purchase Turbo Omaha High as I don't play limit Omaha. I'd wager that AAKKds does best in this simulation.
In Pot Limit Omaha, however, I think AAJ10ds would show a better profit. It is playable on a wider variety of flops.

In real terms which is better, doesn't matter much, you'll be dealt the hands very rarely and the difference between them so slight that your pre-flop play will be prety much identical with both hands.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 10:41:22 PM »

In omaha any old filth is rarely that much of a dog to any of the hands mentioned above. The best advice I read about omaha is that there is no hand worth raising with...reraising thats a different story. I like any hand with 4 working cards (4567, 7899 etc as well as the obvious aakj, aa dbl suited hands), any dangler/odd card devalues the hand too much. The debate between AAKK or AATJ is a simple one for me- AATJ every day of the week- a lot more hands you can make to get paid on.

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: