blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:50:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Luton £100 freezeout tonight
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton £100 freezeout tonight  (Read 2106 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2008, 02:23:43 PM »

I am gonna play it and pay the juice and half the stake, which means there is 50% up for grabs for a discounted price of £50

So if you have a spare £50 that you dont really like very much, Invest it in me Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 02:36:20 PM »

I'll have a tenner's worth

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »

I'll have a tenner's worth

You are on for £10 Claire, the other £40 worth has gone via PM ... sold out .. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Smiley

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 02:40:47 PM »

weeeeee - sent you a pm Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 04:23:58 PM »

Good luck Kev mate win it all yo
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 11:05:31 AM »

did you win?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »

Lovejoy took this one down from Graham Rodgers

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 03:43:39 PM »

Well ... it was deffo a case of shit or bust, but here's the script.

Got a lovely starting table, Alex Martin BB to my SB, Graham rodgers on button to my BB, Tom Myland and various others.

first 3 levels saw me hover around starting stack, nothing fancy tbh, just playing ABC and never really had any hands, Then last hand before the first break and blinds at 100/200, and Its Tom Mylands BB, There is the usual last hand bluster about "No need to nick the blinds, you dont want to bust right on the break" etc etc ...
anyway, as it happens i look down at  , there are already 3 limpers when the action reaches me, I delib over raise to 2000 from my 6.5k stack and get the inevitable "Thief" comments from all over the place ... goes round to Tom Myland who moves all in (he has me covered by about 4k) passed back round to me ... no decision, insta call !  He has  and doesnt hit his 2 outs and im on 15k at the break with averages at 11k

Back after the break and after a while tables are broken and we get new players at the table, One guy was pretty short stacked, maybe had 4k ... but he raised half his stack , and when the action reached me I have  , I re raised enough to put him in ... he has  and spikes to dent me.

I also get the pleasure of finishing off Tom Myland when I shoved on his BB with AQ and he called for his comp with AJ ..... which was nice Smiley

Blinds are now 200/400 and its my BB, all fold round to Graham Rodgers on the button who flats, sb makes up, I look down at  .  Obvious raise and I pop it up to 1800 from my stack of 11,800 ... Graham dwells a goodly while from the button and then asks me how much I have back ... he eventually bets enough to give me a decision for my tourny life and the SB mucks ... Now here is my thought process on my actions, I asked myself what kind of hand has he got that he would flat call on the button with, yet shove to a raise ??  I eventually figured that he must have AK, AQ, or a small pair, I really couldnt see him limping the button with a pair that was beating me tbh ... so after a fair enough dwell I made the call, he flipped  and I prayed that I would hold and be sitting with a 24k stack with the ave at 14k ..

Flop comes  two hearts ... then the dreaded  hits on the turn and im toast, I was a bit gutted tbh, if I had won that race I would have been in a handy position to get a good finish, Alex and a few others said it was a very borderline call from me (they know Graham and his game, I dont) but tbh once I am putting him on a hand and I can get my chips in good then I am going to make the call every time.

Had a great time though, was a good table for banter with Alex on form and plenty of friendly faces around.

Was a case of what could have been unfortunately, glad to see Graham got second and used my chips wisely.

Thanks to my backers, close but no cigar im afraid Sad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: