blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274184 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16955 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  who the f*** were they cross with?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: who the f*** were they cross with?  (Read 15264 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2008, 03:49:32 PM »

so people without kids are saying "i don't get it"

and people with kids are saying "before i had kids i didn't get it"

what's the argument?

I dont get what you're saying?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »

so people without kids are saying "i don't get it"

and people with kids are saying "before i had kids i didn't get it"

what's the argument?

= Sum-Total.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2008, 04:14:09 PM »

Having children changes your entire outlook on life!

Until you have kids you will never understand.

Before I had kids my mates would tell me about there children and i was not really that bothered. As soon as I had my first, I was like WOW I GET IT!.

You're probably right...I don't care about kids really...and if I have my own I will probably think they are the bees knees...

Having said that; The day when I spend a few grand on Christmas for my kids is the day they can lock me up.

This is not about "you haven't had kids, so you don't know" This is about "WTF are you thinking spending thousands of pounds on a 7 YO for Christmas?!?!" ( and then moaning a few years later when you have to pay £3k for their education as "the government should pay that"..GTFO)

I am also with Kin on the whole "But you don't have kids, so you don't understand"...that argument really doesn't make an awful lot of sense. We all know people with kids, I am quite sure I used to be one myself at some stage.
If I see someone buy a 9YO a laptop (when the kid quite clearly isn't Dougie Howser M.D. and doesn't have a job), or a 6YO a PS3 for £300, or drag a 4YO half way across the world to take them to an overhyped amusement park at a cost of a few k (especially when you're up to your eyes in mortgages, car loans etc)...I believe you've quite possibly lost the plot.

boldie where is this argument coming from that EVERYONE is skint, pleading poverty and moaning about the economy?

what about if you are a two income familly that are doing well  through a time of financial instability, is it not o.k to spend thousands at christmas then for the kids?

I dont think the amount of people you suggest are being so contradictory in their approach to financial managment of christmas.

OK, not everyone is skint...in fact..let's assume all these people could easily afford it.

Spending 1000s on young kids for Christmas is still beyond belief in my humble opinion though. Again, why does a 9YO need a laptop? Why do you need to take your young kids halfway across the world to give them an "unforgettable" Christmas? Can't that be done from the home? Really?

Am I really missing something here, is that what parenting is all about? Is that honestly the best parents can come up with these days? Kid wants a PS3 for christmas and therefore he/she/it shall have it even though he/she/it isn't even into double digits age-wise yet?

I watch telly and hear parents moan about peer pressure, I look around the office and hear people moan about them being skint one month and then spending 1000s on Christmas the next because "the kids want it". I see people I know go completely nuts and throw all reason out of the window when it comes to this great overhyped holiday because they have kids.

Pillocks, every single one of them.

I understand I might be one of the few people that really doesn't like Christmas, I think it's overhyped and generally an awful, awful time of year...I also understand that most people do like it (but then a lot of people watch Big Brother and read The Sun so I don't think that that statistic really matters)...I do think that people completely lose the little bit of common sense that they have at Christmas though...and that's why it annoys me.

Just let it annoy me, I am happy that way...it makes me feel good.

I think people who spend 1000s of pounds on their kids at Christmas are idiots. You go spend 1000s of pounds on your kids at Christmas, what do you care about what I think? Honestly,....you probably don't...if you do care what I think though, that's probably because in the back of your head you are asking yourself;

"When did I become one of those assholes that spend 1000s of pounds on their kids at Christmas?"

Parents, think about it;
It is a completely natural process. I have no kids and therefore believe most parents are complete fannies when it comes to theirs. You were the same when you didn't have kids. Now you have kids and you've become an asshole about it. I can safely say you've become an asshole about it because that's what you thought about people like yourself before you had kids. This is fine, it's not a problem....you've even become one of those people that say "It's easy to say when you don't have kids yourself, your whole life changes when you have kids of your own" as if that is an excuse to become a twat and you always hated people telling you this.

Most parents are twats when it comes to their own kids. Again, this is completely understandable...and can even be commended in most circumstances. However, only very rarely is your kid as clever as you think it is. Very rarely is your kid as good looking as you think it is and very rarely is your kid as good in sports as you think it is.
You now probably need that SUV to go shopping...even though you always hated people like that.

You should drag your baby onto a plane and sit right behind me, even though you always hated it when people did that to you.

By all means, bore people with stories about what insignificant little thing your child did the other day..even though you hated it when people did that to you. (And I really LOVE to see pictures of your kids nativity play!)

Again, completely understandable and it's great..you SHOULD feel this way about your kids....but it still means you're a pillock...and almost everyone becomes one when they are a parent.

All I'm saying is that there are varying degrees of pillocks, and those that spend 1000s of pounds on a child at christmas..top the list of pillocks IMO.

/End incoherent rant...sit back and wait for PMs

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »

they said on the news other flights were landing and taking off from that airport all day no probs.

They should just have been honest with the kids and tell them that "They couldn't fly as Santa to the northpole as Santa didn't want to see them as they were all little bastards"

All these parents are idiots..FFS, flying your kid to the bloody northpole to "meet Santa". Spoilt little shits every single one of them and all of these parents should get done by social services, have their kids taken away from them as they obviously have no idea how to raise their kids. These parents symbolise everything that is wrong with todays society, line them all up and shoot them all...please, these morons have no business contaminating the human genepool.

Boldie

They have decided to take the Kids away because instead of losing £60 playing online poker each week.They saved there
money and wanted to take there Children to see Santa....

Great responsible parenting IMHO... Or they stopped Drinking/Smoking and saved to take there kids away at Christmas.

So do you save to take the Kids away? Or do you place several adds on the internet advertising you've got Fuck all alse to do with your life?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a pain in the arse tourney to play..and will take 7 hours..but good fun if you get a result of sorts.

Anyone with nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon? 5k guaranteed at 14.00 UK time. 5 stakes available.

AMC is already in...so 5 guys additional to AMC.

50-50 splitsies and all that sort of stuff.

I'll pick the first 5 posters...as only proper degens will be online at this time of night and can still be arsed to play a 5'er tourney in the early afternoon

Just my opinion of course.

Seasons Greetings

Regards

M
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »

they said on the news other flights were landing and taking off from that airport all day no probs.

They should just have been honest with the kids and tell them that "They couldn't fly as Santa to the northpole as Santa didn't want to see them as they were all little bastards"

All these parents are idiots..FFS, flying your kid to the bloody northpole to "meet Santa". Spoilt little shits every single one of them and all of these parents should get done by social services, have their kids taken away from them as they obviously have no idea how to raise their kids. These parents symbolise everything that is wrong with todays society, line them all up and shoot them all...please, these morons have no business contaminating the human genepool.

Boldie

They have decided to take the Kids away because instead of losing £60 playing online poker each week.They saved there
money and wanted to take there Children to see Santa....

Great responsible parenting IMHO... Or they stopped Drinking/Smoking and saved to take there kids away at Christmas.

So do you save to take the Kids away? Or do you place several adds on the internet advertising you've got Fuck all alse to do with your life?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a pain in the arse tourney to play..and will take 7 hours..but good fun if you get a result of sorts.

Anyone with nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon? 5k guaranteed at 14.00 UK time. 5 stakes available.

AMC is already in...so 5 guys additional to AMC.

50-50 splitsies and all that sort of stuff.

I'll pick the first 5 posters...as only proper degens will be online at this time of night and can still be arsed to play a 5'er tourney in the early afternoon

Just my opinion of course.

Seasons Greetings

Regards

M

lol..yes I could indeed be saving my money up and spend it on my fictional children..or I could spend a bit of money playing poker and even stick a few stakes up.

p.s. Love the "Staking people = you have Fuck all of a life" equation..work of a genius, that...I couldn't have come up with that train of thought myself.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2008, 04:20:42 PM »

<<<gobsmacked>>

that is all.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »

So, am I a "Pillock & Twat" even though I don't spend ridiculous amounts on my kids at Christmas? Do I still qualify because I am one of those "pillock" parents that are really proud of their kids?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:33:58 PM by Ginger » Logged

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »

I dont have kids and i dont think anything like that, how come?

You really believe that theres a inextricable correlation between making a fuss at chritmas for your kids and general bad parenting? thats kinda rubbish, impossible for 364 days of disciplined parenting bringing your child up to be moral and conscientious can be rubbed out by a day of festive profligacy.

I'm sure if however in your impeccable insight you are correct that every half decent parent out there will be happy to be that pillock and give their kids a cracking christmas, i would.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »

they saved there money and wanted to take there Children to see Santa....

A fair proportion of them probably just took out a loan or put it on their credit cards - Boldie might have more luck if he targeted his vitriol  a bit more specifically.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »

Is that Richard Keys?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »

Before I had kids my mates would tell me about there children and i was not really that bothered. As soon as I had my first, I was like WOW I GET IT!.

You're probably right...I don't care about kids really...and if I have my own I will probably think they are the bees knees...

Having said that; The day when I spend a few grand on Christmas for my kids is the day they can lock me up.

This is not about "you haven't had kids, so you don't know" This is about "WTF are you thinking spending thousands of pounds on a 7 YO for Christmas?!?!" ( and then moaning a few years later when you have to pay £3k for their education as "the government should pay that"..GTFO)

I am also with Kin on the whole "But you don't have kids, so you don't understand"...that argument really doesn't make an awful lot of sense. We all know people with kids, I am quite sure I used to be one myself at some stage.
If I see someone buy a 9YO a laptop (when the kid quite clearly isn't Dougie Howser M.D. and doesn't have a job), or a 6YO a PS3 for £300, or drag a 4YO half way across the world to take them to an overhyped amusement park at a cost of a few k (especially when you're up to your eyes in mortgages, car loans etc)...I believe you've quite possibly lost the plot.

boldie where is this argument coming from that EVERYONE is skint, pleading poverty and moaning about the economy?

what about if you are a two income familly that are doing well  through a time of financial instability, is it not o.k to spend thousands at christmas then for the kids?

I dont think the amount of people you suggest are being so contradictory in their approach to financial managment of christmas.

OK, not everyone is skint...in fact..let's assume all these people could easily afford it.

Spending 1000s on young kids for Christmas is still beyond belief in my humble opinion though. Again, why does a 9YO need a laptop? Why do you need to take your young kids halfway across the world to give them an "unforgettable" Christmas? Can't that be done from the home? Really?

Am I really missing something here, is that what parenting is all about? Is that honestly the best parents can come up with these days? Kid wants a PS3 for christmas and therefore he/she/it shall have it even though he/she/it isn't even into double digits age-wise yet?

I watch telly and hear parents moan about peer pressure, I look around the office and hear people moan about them being skint one month and then spending 1000s on Christmas the next because "the kids want it". I see people I know go completely nuts and throw all reason out of the window when it comes to this great overhyped holiday because they have kids.

I understand I might be one of the few people that really doesn't like Christmas, I think it's overhyped and generally an awful, awful time of year...I also understand that most people do like it (but then a lot of people watch Big Brother and read The Sun so I don't think that that statistic really matters)...I do think that people completely lose the little bit of common sense that they have at Christmas though...and that's why it annoys me.

I think people who spend 1000s of pounds on their kids at Christmas are idiots. You go spend 1000s of pounds on your kids at Christmas, what do you care about what I think? Honestly,....you probably don't...if you do care what I think though, that's probably because in the back of your head you are asking yourself;

"When did I become one of those assholes that spend 1000s of pounds on their kids at Christmas?"

Parents, think about it;
It is a completely natural process. I have no kids and therefore believe most parents are complete fannies when it comes to theirs. You were the same when you didn't have kids. Now you have kids and you've become an asshole about it. I can safely say you've become an asshole about it because that's what you thought about people like yourself before you had kids. This is fine, it's not a problem....you've even become one of those people that say "It's easy to say when you don't have kids yourself, your whole life changes when you have kids of your own" as if that is an excuse to become a twat and you always hated people telling you this.

Most parents are twats when it comes to their own kids. Again, this is completely understandable...and can even be commended in most circumstances. However, only very rarely is your kid as clever as you think it is. Very rarely is your kid as good looking as you think it is and very rarely is your kid as good in sports as you think it is.
You now probably need that SUV to go shopping...even though you always hated people like that.

You should drag your baby onto a plane and sit right behind me, even though you always hated it when people did that to you.

By all means, bore people with stories about what insignificant little thing your child did the other day..even though you hated it when people did that to you. (And I really LOVE to see pictures of your kids nativity play!)

Again, completely understandable and it's great..you SHOULD feel this way about your kids....but it still means you're a pillock...and almost everyone becomes one when they are a parent.

All I'm saying is that there are varying degrees of pillocks, and those that spend 1000s of pounds on a child at christmas..top the list of pillocks IMO.

Ban boldie please.

for making me laugh so much. Great post!!!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2008, 05:13:09 PM »

Parents, think about it;

Ban boldie please.

for making me laugh so much. Great post!!!

Why, thank you kind Sir.

I always said you have great taste Smiley

p.s. Jane..you realise I was just ranting, right? Please don't take anything I've said seriously...honest, you shouldn't.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2008, 05:15:43 PM »

boldie, she is currently attacking the freezer with a fkin great big knife and other sharp implements ... I cant see her, but I keep hearing shouts of "fkin pillock am I " ? etc etc then hear the sound of ice being stabbed violently.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2008, 05:16:32 PM »

[ ] i regret being a bit drunk and starting a thread because i jumped to the wrong conclusion
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: