blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  DTD Feb 7th/8th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Feb 7th/8th  (Read 11540 times)
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »

glgl

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 05:36:43 PM »

glgl

+1

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »

Cheers Dan, everyone's still in. Still need shippage from Alex and Flushy; tho you guys might as well see if I cash in this one first (but could do with you sending it before Walsall event please)

Just to confirm will be playing the £300 at the Broadway tonight. Hope I can win some £££ for stakers. Will report back 2moz...

Forgot about this, how much do i owe? Will bank xfer it as soon as you let me know.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »

Where did u finish up James? I went spinning in 22nd :-(
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 01:47:17 PM »

Happy birthday James.

Any presents for the backers? lol

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »

Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone...

It's cool Flush, £99 is the damage, should I PM you details?

Sorry to hear that Fran Sad, I bust 54th Sad

Cheers Cos, though it's 2moro! I'm afraid no present as of yet, details below...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:39:48 PM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »

Hey guys, bad news I'm afraid. I finished 54/138. I felt like I was on top of my game, just 3 hands in a row where things didn't go my way led to my exit.

I had Fran two on my right for much of the tourney, that was cool. Apart from her and one or two young guns, it looked like a fairly soft table.
8000 starting stack. I made a call down with 77 on an 88342 board, but midway through the hand he'd gotten lucky as he had 44. Up to 50/100 I then picked up AA UTG. I had done a reasonable amount of limping, and a lot of pots had been raised so far, so I limped hoping for a raise that never came. 5 way to a rainbow flop of K83, pretty nice looking considering I wasn't thrilled about it being 5-way. I bet 300, the button (Peter 'the bandit' Evans) called. Turn was an ugly ass K. I check, he bets 300. I almost just folded right here, but felt that was a little weak, and called. Check the blank river, he bets 500. I'll give him credit for value betting an amount that got me to call, 500,aHe had KJ and it was a bad call admitedly. Down to a demoralising 3200 or so...

I then picked up AA in the cutoff, and raised the bandit's limp. Big blind calls, bandit passed. T63 flop, the big blind led out, I obv moved in for not much more, he called with 88 and I doubled up. Up to about 6500. Then dipped to about 5300ish when a shortstack moved in from the sb for 1200 in a multi-way limped pot. I'd called otb with KQs. I'd say this was borderline, but felt I was ahead of his range (based on his general play...his next shove like this was in similar situation with 9Ts) and he might not have expected me to be quite as strong as I was. He had AKs though and I didn't spike anything.

I then got gifted some chips. In a limped pot I had 23 off in the small and made it up. 27K flop, and it checks round. 2 turn, and I led out, one caller. Something like a 9 on the river, I bet out quite big cos this guy had been calling off a lot. He moved in for about 3k and I snapped. He had AK. About 9k now.

From here I built up steadily. Played AK kinda craftily which made me some chips. Had about 12500 when the bandit raised to 1200 at 100/200 from 1+UTG. He had like 5k back and I looked down at AQ in the hijack. I had a quick dwell as AK entered my mind, but felt good about my hand and raised to 4k. Folded round, he thought for a little while before doing a "sod it" kind of all-in. He had AT. KT3 flop was ugly but I spiked the Q on the turn. 17000.

Played a hand a little questionably then. 100/200 in a limped pot, featuring a tight player limping UTG, I picked up J9 of spades in the sb. Flop came down 972 with 2 clubs and a spade. I checked, UTG bet out for about 600, button called. I put UTG on an overpair here and made the call cos of the pot size, only intending to continue if I improved. I picked up a spade draw on the 3 of spades turn. Check, UTG checked, button bet 800. This guy always bet when checked to, so I didn't give him much credit. I assumed utg was calling behind, and made the call. However unexpectedly UTG then made it 2k straight. Button passed. I have UTG on a monster now. But he had me covered, and I thought he wouldn't be able to put me on backdoor spades if I hit, so called with major implied odds intending to fire big on a river spade. River was a red 5, I checked, and he checked behind. He flipped up 77. Not sure why he checked the river...

Down to 14k. I hovered between 12 and 15 for the next couple of levels, missing a few flops but winning a small pot here and there and also stealing the blinds and such. Did what I needed to to keep a healthy chip stack when I didn't have much in the way of cards...

My downfall came at 300/600.

I'm in the big blind with 13k. The short stack moved all in from the hijack for about 3.5k. I look down at TT at this point and am anxious to snap call! However the small blind flat called first, I didn't read him as uber strong or anything, so I made the obligatory shove. Sure enough he passed. Sadly the short stack didn't have the dream small pair scenario. He had KQ off and hit the flop hard.

Down to 9.5k. A player new to the table then raises the hijack to 1600 (still 300/600). This was his 4th raise the 6-7 hands he'd been at the table. He was acting a little frustrated from a hand where he got taken off on the flop a couple of raises previously. I find KJcc on the button. He only had 6k behind, I felt there was a reasonable chance he wouldn't put his tourney on the line, and felt there was a reasonable chance I might even have the best hand. He thought a little but called with AJs. The flop came down three diamonds. Monster! But of course I blanked out.

This left me with 2100. I picked up A9 the next hand, and Mr raisey from the last hand raised again. I almost shipped here but thought I was best off being the first in the pot. I picked up AQ the next hand, dude on my right raised and I of course shipped it in. He had 44 and won the flip.

Sorry things didn't go my way, but felt I played v.well for the most part. Would be interested in what you think of the KJs shove, and if the J9s hand was a little gross?

Hope I can give you some ROI in the £150 on Sunday...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:10:35 PM by MC » Logged

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »

I have just been informed Mr Raisey is thekellster89....lol Smiley

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 07:05:25 PM »

wow, so many bad plays in that report its untrue.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 08:57:13 PM »

wow, so many bad plays in that report its untrue.

would you care to elaborate?

limping with aces didn't work, and the river call in that hand; J9s hand wasn't great....other than those two mistakes I felt I played v.well as I said...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:18:19 PM by MC » Logged

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2009, 05:04:14 AM »

not just from you i hasen to add.

"AA UTG. I had done a reasonable amount of limping" why are u limping against a lower standard of player?  i remember you from tribeca, you can play.

"so I limped hoping for a raise that never came" so you gonna limp/shove AA, u may aswell turn your hand face up. If you were planning on Limp/calling its still too risky vs a full ring live table imo. With your image, id imagine being "an internet kid" surely popping it up 2.5x pre is the better play?

when the bandit raised to 1200 at 100/200 from 1+UTG. He had like 5k back and I looked down at AQ in the hijack. I had a quick dwell as AK entered my mind, but felt good about my hand and raised to 4k. Folded round, he thought for a little while before doing a "sod it" kind of all-in. He had AT. KT3 flop was ugly but I spiked the Q on the turn. 17000. lol pete the fkin bandit

called. I put UTG on an overpair here and made the call cos of the pot size, only intending to continue if I improved. I picked up a spade draw on the 3 of spades turn. Check, UTG checked, button bet 800. This guy always bet when checked to, so I didn't give him much credit. I assumed utg was calling behind, and made the call. However unexpectedly UTG then made it 2k straight.   You have to pass here imo.

Down to 9.5k. A player new to the table then raises the hijack to 1600 (still 300/600). This was his 4th raise the 6-7 hands he'd been at the table. He was acting a little frustrated from a hand where he got taken off on the flop a couple of raises previously. I find KJcc on the button. He only had 6k behind,

You think a young, possibly internet player raise/folds a 12bb stack?

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 11:09:35 AM »

"AA UTG. I had done a reasonable amount of limping" why are u limping against a lower standard of player?  i remember you from tribeca, you can play."

When I say that, I'm talking limping behind 2 or 3 players with a hand like 89s in position. I'd probably only whacked in 1 raise up to this point, based on my hands. But none of my hands had gone to showdown yet so thought they might just think I was a weak player at this point and was hoping to play off that...

"so I limped hoping for a raise that never came" so you gonna limp/shove AA, u may aswell turn your hand face up. If you were planning on Limp/calling its still too risky vs a full ring live table imo. With your image, id imagine being "an internet kid" surely popping it up 2.5x pre is the better play?"

But the standard raise coming in was 6x the BB. Thought I'd try and take advantage of this, so I'd limp and re-evaluate, doubt I was shoving. But you're right, should raise here 90% of the time. But on this occasion tried something different.

"called. I put UTG on an overpair here and made the call cos of the pot size, only intending to continue if I improved. I picked up a spade draw on the 3 of spades turn. Check, UTG checked, button bet 800. This guy always bet when checked to, so I didn't give him much credit. I assumed utg was calling behind, and made the call. However unexpectedly UTG then made it 2k straight. You have to pass here imo."

Fair point, not gonna disagree, passing to the button's bet is probs where I should have got out, but it was 1200 more into like a 6.2k pot when utg pops it. Hard to give up 5 to 1 when you think you might be able to stack someone.

"Down to 9.5k. A player new to the table then raises the hijack to 1600 (still 300/600). This was his 4th raise the 6-7 hands he'd been at the table. He was acting a little frustrated from a hand where he got taken off on the flop a couple of raises previously. I find KJcc on the button. He only had 6k behind,

You think a young, possibly internet player raise/folds a 12bb stack?"

I did consider this, and decided it was likely he was raising hands like A5s and 22 here, and that he'd have to lay hands like this down. His raise was a non-commiting to the pot kinda raise. Thought there was a decent chance of him passing with his potential range, and if not, thought I had decent equity.

equity    win    tie          pots won    pots tied   
Hand 0:    46.847%     44.61%    02.23%         197089027      9867656.00   { KcJc }
Hand 1:    53.153%     50.92%    02.23%         224950093      9867656.00   { 22+, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s, A8o+, KTo+, QJo }

^Was figuring i'd be about 50% on there but obviously didn't have pokerstove on hand, I thought he could fold 1/3 of the time so went with it.

Thought I'd post an open honest report rather than leaving the slightly dodgy hands out or whatever. A couple of mistakes in 6 hours of solid play.

Anywayz, thanks for taking an interest. Always looking to improve so feedback is +ev.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 11:16:26 AM »

great reply, and its cool you tell the hands as they are instead of BS'ing the whole report. Gl in the walsall sideys
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 01:26:34 PM »

great reply, and its cool you tell the hands as they are instead of BS'ing the whole report. Gl in the walsall sideys

lol, cheers man Wink

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2009, 02:28:32 PM »

James problem with that range for the short stack is he probs just jams his marginal hands like 22 etc, and raises to induce his stronger hands so although you are correct his range of played hands here is good for KJs his opening to 2.5x range has you crushed.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: