blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 12:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272937 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Different kind of staking
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Different kind of staking  (Read 184520 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: March 04, 2009, 02:27:47 PM »

So I guess that makes me a "mug who doesn't mind losing his money" according to boldielocks.

Although my record over many years would actually suggest otherwise.

sigh surely you, of all people, know just as well as I do that most people do their bollocks at Cheltenham because they back too many horses during the festival? They get carried away with the whole thing (very understandable).

I am not talking about ante-post bets (although too many of them obviously also defeat the purpose)..I am talking about people backing 3 or 4 horses each day...it's what the bookies count on people doing...as they do every day.

It's a pity you removed your original post as I am quite curious to see how many "tips" you recommended during February and March last year.

Let it go Ralph ... If you have bought into the plan fine ... if you havent you are coming across like a jealous bitter man who hates the fact that someone might be better at tipping winners than you.

Well that is totally OTT Kev and you're supposed to be a moderator.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 04, 2009, 02:28:52 PM »

"In Boldie we have faith".
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 04, 2009, 02:30:14 PM »

So I guess that makes me a "mug who doesn't mind losing his money" according to boldielocks.

sigh surely you, of all people, know just as well as I do that most people do their bollocks at Cheltenham because they back too many horses during the festival? They get carried away with the whole thing (very understandable).

I am not talking about ante-post bets (although too many of them obviously also defeat the purpose)..I am talking about people backing 3 or 4 horses each day...it's what the bookies count on people doing...as they do every day.

It's a pity you removed your original post as I am quite curious to see how many "tips" you recommended during February and March last year.

Let it go Ralph ... If you have bought into the plan fine ... if you havent you are coming across like a jealous bitter man who hates the fact that someone might be better at tipping winners than you.

Not at all, like i said, if you arent even part of the syndicate then its none of your business, i then merely pointed out how you are coming across, albeit IMO.

Whats more, your posts on this thread could be construed as trolling, seeing as you have no financial interest in the syndicate and yet want to comment on the way it is being handled.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:31:55 PM by Colchester Kev » Logged

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: March 04, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »

I do think that betting every race at Cheltenham, even if you do hundreds of hours of research, is probably not the most profitable way to work it..but variance is obv lower if you do it that way.

Does not necessary follow

I assume the reason why you're not betting on all races is because you aren't happy with your edge in some of them.

Lower edge can mean much greater variance, and this can often negate a larger sample size.

eg, Variance will be mucho mucho bigger playing 1,000 $16 STTs on Stars, than it will playing 500 games at an equivalent buy-in on ipoker.

True..but I was being nice to Brent Wink..he'll probably have 5 winning ante post bets at 200-1 or something ridiculous like that so I can't call him a mug just yet Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 04, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »

Not at all, like i said, if you arent even part of the syndicate then its none of your business, i then merely pointed out how you are coming across, albeit IMO.

Whats more, your posts on this thread could be construed as trolling, seeing as you have no financial interest in the syndicate and yet want to comment on the way it is being handled.

Well I think that you are wrong on several counts Kev and probably still smarting after I exposed a couple of your "pretend" bets.

Any private business for the syndicate can be conducted on their own forum otherwise the whole thing should be open to discussion IMHO, since the original guidelines were posted on this thread and in this forum.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 04, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »

I do think that betting every race at Cheltenham, even if you do hundreds of hours of research, is probably not the most profitable way to work it..but variance is obv lower if you do it that way.

Does not necessary follow

I assume the reason why you're not betting on all races is because you aren't happy with your edge in some of them.

Lower edge can mean much greater variance, and this can often negate a larger sample size.

eg, Variance will be mucho mucho bigger playing 1,000 $16 STTs on Stars, than it will playing 500 games at an equivalent buy-in on ipoker.

True..but I was being nice to Brent Wink..he'll probably have 5 winning ante post bets at 200-1 or something ridiculous like that so I can't call him a mug just yet Smiley

LoL Boldie, i have a few in the pipline at 33s, 40s and 25s that are now much much shorter, but nothing at 200s  Smiley

lets gogogo Cheltenham and the Staking.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: March 04, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »

Well I think that you are wrong on several counts Kev and probably still smarting after I exposed a couple of your "pretend" bets.

Any private business for the syndicate can be conducted on their own forum otherwise the whole thing should be open to discussion IMHO, since the original guidelines were posted on this thread and in this forum.

As far as I'm concerned..everything with regards to the syndicate is private business...until it's opened up again in May.

Everyone is always free to ask any questions obv. but I don't answer to you. I answer to the backers and the only reason I responded to the whole "Why more bets now" was because Stuart also asked the question. Him, I have to answer to..You? Not so much. Unless you were to get involved in May, obv. (and I doubt that that'll happen)

My fault for responding to your second post, I guess.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 04, 2009, 03:22:55 PM »

>>My fault for responding to your second post, I guess.<<

Exactly!!..............now stop replying and get your nose in that Racing Post Wink
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 03:25:17 PM by ripple11 » Logged
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: March 04, 2009, 03:34:15 PM »

>>My fault for responding to your second post, I guess.<<

Exactly!!..............now stop replying and get your nose in that Racing Post Wink

At work now but have both the Weekender bumper edition, the Outlook and and Cheltenham preview ready and waiting for me when I get home Smiley

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 04, 2009, 03:44:52 PM »

Not only are us stakers doing rather well but we have just had some juicy added value through the entertainment of this thread.

Thanks to Boldie, Colchester and Karabiner. Keep it up lads.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 04, 2009, 07:58:48 PM »

Has anyone else noticed when at the races that bookies nowadays don't seem interested in standing a bet, even at the major courses.  I was talking to a couple of bookies at the races last time and they were open about happily taking anything they could lay off on exchange a point higher.  They seemed surprised that it was obvious to me what they were doing, implying they are merrily making money out of dolts at the course. Case proven when up walks a chinless wonder as we are talking to put £100 on a horse @ 11/4 when everyone else in the ring was 3/1 and it was even 100/30 in one place...

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 04, 2009, 09:15:34 PM »

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 05, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »

As far as I'm concerned..everything with regards to the syndicate is private business...until it's opened up again in May.

Everyone is always free to ask any questions obv. but I don't answer to you. I answer to the backers and the only reason I responded to the whole "Why more bets now" was because Stuart also asked the question. Him, I have to answer to..You? Not so much. Unless you were to get involved in May, obv. (and I doubt that that'll happen)

i like this so much......

what size shoes do you wear??
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: March 05, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »

I also have a big nose and long fingers....nudge nudge, wink wink.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 05, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

I also idolise Kinboshi, he's the best...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: