blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:16:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  What to do here, heads up?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What to do here, heads up?  (Read 2182 times)
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 08:03:50 PM »

this bit interests me. why would you make it 120 generally? surely way too big here

Pretty standard for an out of position raise. If you're playing a calling station who calls a raise with any two on the button, I raise 4x with my premium hands. Maybe KJs doesn't qualify, but you might as well get them to put in as much as possible with their 95 offsuit...

Interesting Flushy, will try out checking those kinda hands oop more often and see how it works out...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 08:09:32 PM »

this bit interests me. why would you make it 120 generally? surely way too big here

Pretty standard for an out of position raise. If you're playing a calling station who calls a raise with any two on the button, I raise 4x with my premium hands. Maybe KJs doesn't qualify, but you might as well get them to put in as much as possible with their 95 offsuit...

Interesting Flushy, will try out checking those kinda hands oop more often and see how it works out...

but you don't know yet whether the guy is a calling station..you only just sat down and are still feeling him out. 120 is too big and KJ is not the hand to do it with.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 09:36:08 PM »

but you don't know yet whether the guy is a calling station..you only just sat down and are still feeling him out. 120 is too big and KJ is not the hand to do it with.
Yeah man, I getcha. Have taken advice on board...

In the hand, I checked the river intending to call whatever he bet, like all of you suggested. He checked back and mucked (sadly on boss I can't discover his cards)...

I wondered if there was any argument for like a 250 bet on the end, to get value from all the Queens or worse Kings that might call?

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 04:42:54 AM »

lol wat.  raising KJs here is standard i'd say - i'd 4x it tho.  flops fine, check turn, as played i'd bet river small and fold to a raise - still get value from enough hands imo

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 02:25:28 PM »

lol wat.  raising KJs here is standard i'd say - i'd 4x it tho.  flops fine, check turn, as played i'd bet river small and fold to a raise - still get value from enough hands imo

I've been doing a lot of reading since this post, seems a lot of ppl consider a 4x raise with KJ as standard

Will be mixing my play up!

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »

i agree with most of the others, early stages i just see the flop and hope to catch them out or outplay then, when a bit further on i raise 4x maybe 5x oop and 3x with position. Only ever played a lot of these up to $50/$100 so if you are playing higher maybe you need more agression early on, still don't like 3x though.

As played i check call from the turn.

Slight thread robbage but what represents better value HU sngs or double your money 10 man sngs?
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »

Slight thread robbage but what represents better value HU sngs or double your money 10 man sngs?

Good question man. I've only played a few of these 10 man tourneys so I'm not sure what winrate you can expect.

In Heads ups you have to win 52.5% of games to break even (excluding rakeback), 55-62% is an achievable winrate, and I can play on average 9 an hour 2 tabling.

In double-or nothings you'd have to cash 55% of the time to break even. So you'd need to hit 58%+ winrate for them to be as potentially profitable as heads up, and I guess it depends on how many you can play an hour...I'm not sure about this...

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: