blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Playing trash hands
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing trash hands  (Read 5656 times)
bundle

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2005, 05:21:43 AM »

I just wanted to know what players think of other players that play trash hands. I have taken to playing trash cards and i have to say the pay off is huge, having monsters in the hole are nice to see but they don't really pay you off like they should unless you get em all in and then your open to a bad beat. I started playing trash hands within the last 7 days and have had a huge return. I opened an account online with $180 and now have $976 in there, the other players are going ape shit about it and are gunning for me as i have handed out some terrible beats to them. I just wanted to know what others think of this kind of playing style

Bundle
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 05:27:14 AM »

To play trash you need 2 things..

1/deep stacks

2/good card sense

I ain't got number 2 in buckets so just play the nuts Smiley

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
poker_biker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 11:14:37 AM »

How do you make that pay? Just take a look at the flop and fold if you don't hit it? Surely it can't be profitable to see the turn and river speculatively?
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 04:45:42 PM »

A word to the wise on this style of play, After some git got me the gus hansen DVD i started playing the loose aggressive style with junk cards, and I had great success in the beginning however the run ended and my bankroll went the same way as Gus hansen's.

busted and in someone elses pocket, I have reverted to what i know best and it took me 2 weeks to get my A game back.

All I am saying is enjoy the ride but once the cold streak starts get back to basics.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 05:08:14 PM »

I'm a pretty tight player on the whole but playing junk hands now and then can pay off really big particularly in the early and mid sections of a tourney. Obviously you need to see the flop cheap and you will miss most of the time, however when you hit BINGO! There are probably other better players than me then can comment on this further.
ukpokerinfo

ukpokerinfo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 05:09:57 PM »

i will be playing loads at broadway tonight if anyone wants to take my money Smiley
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 05:54:07 PM »

Is the Hansen DVD aimed at beginners or more advanced players?

Edit to say I've just searched on 2+2 and it hasn't got great reviews, shame.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 06:03:49 PM by byronkincaid » Logged
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 06:50:02 PM »

hmmmmmm playing Junk hands.................................

You would NEVER catch me playing a junk hand such as 10 8 or 7 4   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yes, play them,,, but.........................

1) In the right situation
2) Against the right people
3) At the right time
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 07:45:04 PM »

Its all about balance in your game, the ability to change gears, when you win you are in balance, when you lose you are playing to many bad hands.

I consider myself a great player w/ a bad hands, now if I can just play those good hands a little better.

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 10:01:33 PM »

now if I can just play those good hands a little better.

Oh how true 
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 12:55:39 AM »

now if I can just play those good hands a little better.

Oh how true 

sorry about the  episode Cool  you will be better for it in the long run Cheesy

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 02:07:59 AM »

lol, i do the same so................ cant complain really

Talking of big hands KK ran into AA lol
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 02:31:05 AM »

i never play them and get a bit of success stirthepot

i`v become cos`s bitch
bundle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 05:04:11 AM »

I have been calling the pre flop raise with trash, because he has already warned me he has a hand, if the board misses me im out, but alot of the time the board comes rags giving me a chance at taking down a big pot.

I know im going to get coated off for this but this was a hand i played.

$1/2 ring game. guy on my right makes it $10 to play, I call with 3 4 offsuit everyone else folds

flop comes J 2 5 rainbow, now i wanted to see a cheap card here but the guys having none of it and bets the pot, well i started with the hand what more did i expect CALL Turn comes 9 again he bets out $50. CALL
river comes the Ace, he pushes all in and goes mental when i call and he sees my cards.

infact the whole table had something to say, I know FISH FISH FISH, But after this i was running all over the table every time connected rags came out.

I called every pre flop raise regardless of my holdings and flopped 2 pair a set and even the str8 more often than you would think, I had to muck about 65% of the time,but the pay off on the other hands was huge   

plus i got to push some out of the hand when it looked like a str8 was out. infact alot of the time i really had the str8 and with hands like 5 7 .no one could put me on it since there had be a raise pre flop so i was nearly always paid off.

so has this just been a lucky 4 days or so or is this
somthing i should stick to and see where it goes. I like the fact that 1 they have warned me of a hand and 2 no one can put me on a hand..

whats do you all think...and be nice
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 05:23:21 AM »

Like M3boy says you must play rags in the right position, against the right people, and at the right time.

This is not, every time there is a pre-flop raise. Expect to flop something playable less than 15% of the time, not 35%. It sounds like you have had a lucky four days.

With the 34o story it sounds like you really played the table after that, had some fun and made some money. More power to you.

You've got to ask yourself when you play like that, where is my edge.

Make sure you can answer that question at all times at the poker table.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: