blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Small scale staking proposal on blonde
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Small scale staking proposal on blonde  (Read 7343 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:30:20 AM »

Ok here goes, no laughing from the high rollers in the back rows!

PROPOSAL

I am looking for staking to play the low limit stts/mtts on blonde. More specifically the $5 stts/mtts.
The majority of games will be stts with the odd mtt thrown in. I am looking to be staked for 50 buyins, so $275. The proposal is 50/50 split of profits after stake. Any rakeback would be included in the profits.
Looking to sell in 10% blocks.

BACKGROUND

I withdrew virtually all my poker bankroll at the end of 2008 as was reducing my mortgage. I have $300+ on trillion, which is proving difficult to withdraw, money I wanted to put on blonde to play. Have played most of my internet poker at the very low stakes, and been in profit at the end of every year. Have a naturally tight game which fits well into stts, escpecially at these stakes. As I have always played at low levels I have been in profit despite the 20% rake on those level of games. I am certain that I could beat games higher than $5, but want to keep exposure low. I am also in profit over the $5 mtts on ipoker. These are very soft but have a fairly large varience level due to the poor players.

I work shifts, and have been very busy since the start of the year, so not played any online poker in January. I have leave coming up so have plenty of evening free without early starts the next morning. This is not a short term proposal though. Am thinking 3 months minimum, with any profit above the original stakage paid out to stakees at the end of every month. Some weeks I will play more than others, depending on work.
Usernames for other sites used previously are available via pm for those interested.

Flame away!!!
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 01:33:09 AM »

Can you not do a transfer of your trillion $'s for dollars on blonde?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:41:07 AM »

Can you not do a transfer of your trillion $'s for dollars on blonde?
Well people are not exactly cueing up to get dollars into trillion at present
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 02:03:11 AM »

Hi mate,

Do you have anything I can sharkscope of ur stats?

What sort of volume will you be playing?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 03:29:22 AM »

Not wanting to flame, just trying to be constructive. Anyone wanting to get staked for STTs on blonde is a cool thing imo, so good luck to you.

Playing $5 games part-time, with 20% rake, and giving 50% of your profits away, how much do you expect to make?

If you can substantiate a winning record, and as you are a well established member of the blonde community, I'm sure you could obtain funding for at least the $10 games. Is this something you would consider?

You say you want to keep your exposure low. Whether you're being backed for 50 buy-ins worth of $5 games, or 50 buy-ins worth of $500 games, your exposure is still $0. Let the backers worry about their exposure.

I would also consider selling your product in larger pieces. If this is to be a serious long term investment, people might be looking to invest a little more than $27.50 in you. You could probably find one investor willing to put in that much on their own.
The less investors the better for your sake. When little things come up (as they always do) and the plan needs to be changed, gaining the consent of 10 people who all have $27.50 in you might be a little bit of a needless runaround, especially if 5 people want to do x and the others would prefer y.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 03:37:02 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 03:42:57 AM »

Not wanting to flame, just trying to be constructive. Anyone wanting to get staked for STTs on blonde is a cool thing imo, so good luck to you.

Playing $5 games part-time, with 20% rake, and giving 50% of your profits away, how much do you expect to make?

If you can substantiate a winning record, and as you are a well established member of the blonde community, I'm sure you could obtain funding for at least the $10 games. Is this something you would consider?

You say you want to keep your exposure low. Whether you're being backed for 50 buy-ins worth of $5 games, or 50 buy-ins worth of $500 games, your exposure is still $0. Let the backers worry about their exposure.

I would also consider selling your product in larger pieces. If this is to be a serious long term investment, people might be looking to invest a little more than $27.50 in you. You could probably find one investor willing to put in that much on their own.
The less investors the better for your sake. When little things come up (as they always do) and the plan needs to be changed, gaining the consent of 10 people who all have $27.50 in you might be a little bit of a needless runaround, especially if 5 people want to do x and the others would prefer y.

What Tank said is all spot on.

I was/am considering doing the whole lot and it wouldn't make a difference to me whether you were playing $5 or $10 buy ins. My main concern is the volume you can put in to make this profitable enough for the both of us.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 04:00:35 AM »

The $5 stts on blonde don't have a 20% rake, I presume vegaslover is referring to previously playing on party.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »

Hi mate,

Do you have anything I can sharkscope of ur stats?

What sort of volume will you be playing?

I'm interested but wouldn't mind a bit more info like the above...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 12:33:15 PM »

Okay guys, thanks for the replies and pms. Have sent those who asked pms re sharkscope.
Regarding the 20% rake. This is what is raked on lower stts, and cryptos $ stts used to also. My roi is positive on these despite having to pay a 20% rake, and no rakeback in the case of crypto.

Very well put comments tank, and appreciated. I would be happy playing the $10 as I don't feel the standard on ipoker is any different to the $5. Having not asked for staking before I just felt a smaller ask may be better recieved.
In terms of profit, the $5 stts wont make that much. But I specifically asked to be done on blonde, so blonde gets something out of it. The idea is that a good profit can be made from the mtts. A final or two will make a significant difference to the roi.

About to go to work now, but will respond to pms and on here in more detail later.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 03:25:26 PM »

good luck with this vegaslover. I would say however, that if you are looking for staking, aim higher. Most legit investors are putoff by players asking for staking in small money games, for a number of good reasons. Id like to know why you want staking before discussing those.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 04:23:40 PM »

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply.
It seems that I haven't asked for enough stakage. I knew I wasn't asking for much, but thought a lower amount may be better received, and I have had a couple of people showing interest via pm. I would be happy to double the asking stake to $550. Enabling me to play the $10 stt and the $10 and below mtts. What do people/potential stakers think? Am also happy selling in chunks or the whole lot to one person.

Re: why I want staking!
1)   I withdrew almost all my roll last year as my mortgage was increased. I also have a 2 year old now which, as any parent will tell you, drains the finances, as does my partner now only working part time.
2)  Wanted to do something that would help blonde, hence why asking it be played on blonde.
3)  Extra motivation and focus. Haven't played much poker last couple of months as I have had to devote time elsewhere. Playing for stakers will add motivation and structure to playing.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply.
It seems that I haven't asked for enough stakage. I knew I wasn't asking for much, but thought a lower amount may be better received, and I have had a couple of people showing interest via pm. I would be happy to double the asking stake to $550. Enabling me to play the $10 stt and the $10 and below mtts. What do people/potential stakers think? Am also happy selling in chunks or the whole lot to one person.

Re: why I want staking!
1)   I withdrew almost all my roll last year as my mortgage was increased. I also have a 2 year old now which, as any parent will tell you, drains the finances, as does my partner now only working part time.
2)  Wanted to do something that would help blonde, hence why asking it be played on blonde.
3)  Extra motivation and focus. Haven't played much poker last couple of months as I have had to devote time elsewhere. Playing for stakers will add motivation and structure to playing.

Hi vegas,

I think a few of us who are interested would like to know what sort of volume you think you would be putting in?

@GreekStein on twitter.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »

Hi vegas,

I think a few of us who are interested would like to know what sort of volume you think you would be putting in?

In terms of volume I would be 4 tabling for 4-5 hours at least three nights per week. Would also be putting in some small daytime sessions. Depending on work.
Hard to put an exact figure as some weeks would be more volume than others.
Would also have 1-2 mtts going at the same time, depending on time of day and length of session.
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:35:55 PM »

The very best of luck with this sir..

am debating with myself doing something similar on Blonde playing $10-$30 mtts... but haven't decided yet haha

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 11:00:34 PM »

Hi vegas,

In terms of volume I would be 4 tabling for 4-5 hours at least three nights per week. Would also be putting in some small daytime sessions. Depending on work.
Hard to put an exact figure as some weeks would be more volume than others.
Would also have 1-2 mtts going at the same time, depending on time of day and length of session.

Dunno about the 4-5 tabling and some multi's thing but, are you also being asked for the roll to play multi's? Anyway interested and will take some if you are playing $10+

The very best of luck with this sir..

am debating with myself doing something similar on Blonde playing $10-$30 mtts... but haven't decided yet haha

Please get on with it then, you won't have a problem selling out
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: