blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:12:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Walsall GUKPT main event
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walsall GUKPT main event  (Read 6414 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »

Poker is a confidence game imo and if you keep telling yourself how bad you run it simply doesn't do you any favours. George the first two winning pots you describe are circa 20k each. In the first your 4-5 binks vs K-K and in the second you make a move with 3-6 and the flop comes 2-4-5. You are very lucky in both imo. This great luck gets you skipping to day 2 when many would be railing. The flip side of this good luck is you also have some bad luck. This is pretty standard no? You loose a flip with 10-10...you win a pot with 10-10...you lose a pot with 10-10. I think the amount you win with good luck is greater than the amount you lose with bad isn't it? Your luck is average not soooo sick imo. The only thing you can look at is the tilty hand you played bad cos the rest is out of your hands. I think you should be satisfied with your performance. If you tell yourself you are unlucky I don't think it will help you.

Great Post - not specifically to G2L, not at all, but to so many players. Look at both sides of the Luck-Coin, kidding ourselves that we are perpetually unlucky is just denial, & does not help our game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »

Poker is a confidence game imo and if you keep telling yourself how bad you run it simply doesn't do you any favours. George the first two winning pots you describe are circa 20k each. In the first your 4-5 binks vs K-K and in the second you make a move with 3-6 and the flop comes 2-4-5. You are very lucky in both imo. This great luck gets you skipping to day 2 when many would be railing. The flip side of this good luck is you also have some bad luck. This is pretty standard no? You loose a flip with 10-10...you win a pot with 10-10...you lose a pot with 10-10. I think the amount you win with good luck is greater than the amount you lose with bad isn't it? Your luck is average not soooo sick imo. The only thing you can look at is the tilty hand you played bad cos the rest is out of your hands. I think you should be satisfied with your performance. If you tell yourself you are unlucky I don't think it will help you.

This is very true Mantis. A few months ago I was your typical poker player moaning about my bad luck, whinging that I never won a flop, moaning when my aces didnt hold etc etc etc.

Think your taking my report out of context- I have merely reported on the facts. I'm not saying "I'm so unlucky blah blah blah" but as with everyone who played this, I needed my hands to hold up. Obviously I haven't reported on every hand I played but I did have to bluff an awful lot because my starting hands were not up to scratch.

When you play this way, you put yourself in a position that when you DO get a hand and it holds up, you manage to build a stack and give yourself a shot. This "luck evens out" line is a bit ridic imo. Is this not a game of skill? Yes I got lucky when I made moves but in both pots where I did try and resteal pre- I did have a plan B. I wasn't just raising with 63 on the button to check the A49 flop.

Yes - at least 30% is skill.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: