blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:36:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Walsall GUKPT main event
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walsall GUKPT main event  (Read 6415 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2009, 11:33:03 AM »

As Kinboshi would say, let's go round again.....

The Tournament

Walsall GUKPT £1000+60 main event on 26th-29th Feb 2009 (3 day event).

10,000 Chips, 1 hour clock

The Proposal

I'm asking for a 100% stake for 70% equity. 

In other words, I'm asking for £1060 (in 5% chunks) and in return stakers will get their share of 70% of any prize money I manage to win with stake returned first. Any additional prizes on top (grand final seat, champion of champions etc) will also be included so you'd get the same share in any subsequent tourneys.

Track Record

Said in previous staking thread- won Gala poker tour in Notts in April. Have made day 2 of most events I've played subsequently but not ran so well in the mid stages- bound to change soon!  Since then I've won 2 ten dollar rebuys online and come 4th in daily 80k for over 20,000$ I'm feeling really confident at the moment and running well too. These tourneys are still above my bankroll hence reason for stakeage. If I don't sell out I'll probs take up the option on my shares Cheesy

I'll be playing Day 1B this time round.

Interested?

Please PM me or post on here if you're interested.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 01:56:35 PM by George2Loose » Logged

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 01:40:46 PM »

Wish you the best of luck George getting staked, think you may have the dates wrong in your OP. As these dates were like a fortnight ago.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »

Cheers Longy- have amended now!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:11:33 PM »

30% gone

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »

I have sold 40% and will be putting up the rest myself unless someone comes in last minute.

Thanks to those backing me. Have a feeling about this one

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »

PM sent

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 07:10:27 PM »

55% now sold.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 11:23:58 PM »

Right guys- will try and remember as many hands as possible:

Cliff notes: Played well. Soft Table. Ran bad late on.

Sat down and had a tough table with Neil Channing and Mark Goodwin. They were both to my right and after playing a few rounds I was quite pleased with the draw. Most players were pretty straightforward- and the table was quite solid early.

I splashed around a little early- playing some suited connectors etc and set mining. I went down to just over 8 before returning to my starting stack. First significant hand I played I managed to win a big pot.

David La Ronde who cam second in Luton to Sam trickett opened to my right for 450 out of a stack of 8k from the hijack+1 at 75/150. He has been doing this quite a lot and it was starting to frustrate me as I wasn't able to play too many pots. I look down at 45 decide to make it 1200 out of a stack of 12 in a hope of slowing him down. I hadn't played many pots and knew I had a very solid image. A tight player by the name of Wass flats for 1200 on the button with around 6800 behind. I put him on quite a tight range. 99-JJ. AK, maybe AQ. Possibly even QQ. La Ronde decides to join the party so we're 3 way to the flop. It comes down 653, 2 clubs. La Ronde now leads into me for 1500. I think this a fairly straightforward weak lead- he never leads with a set here imo and if he does he would bet more to protect his hand. I'm happy to get it in with either opponent here. I'd still have 4.5-5k left if I lost and am a slight fave against an overpair so I make it 4800.

Wass on the button tanks for an age so I know he hasn't got 99-10 10. Maybe he has AK clubs here but I think with his style he'd have mucked by now so I'm putting him on QQ. He eventually puts his stack in- La Ronde gets out of the way and I call the 2k extra, shaking my head when he asks me if I have aces. He flips KK and I bink a 2 on the turn. I then start using my stack- playing quite a few puts, pushing my opponents about and keeping out of the way of Channing and Goodwin. The table breaks and I leave it with a healthy 27k.

I then get moved to what I can only describe as a dream table. Very soft, only trouble is I have a guy who likes to see a lot of flops two to my left and another fish two to his left so opening in late position was tricky. However, there was very little 3 betting and no less than 3 rocks. I even had the value of having Neil (Blatch) on the table.

After playing quite solid and not getting anything in the way of cards I decide to make a move when UTG (FISH!) opens for 800 at 150/300, 3 to his left calls for 800 and I make it 3200 on the button with 63hh looking to pick up the dead money. They both call! The flop however comes a nutastic 245 rainbow. Action on the flop is check check check. I'm not sure if I should lead here and build a pot? The turn comes down a 7 and fishy fisherson bets 1800 utg, the guy to his left calls and now its down to me.

I think one of them has some sort of middish pair so decide to raise for value confident one of them will call so I make it a massive 5400. As expected utg flats, other guy folds. Now UTG checks in the dark and the river is a 4. I'm not worried about a set as I'm sure the money would be in on the flop. He has about 20k left and with about 18k in the middle I decide to shove. He folds pretty much straightaway and I'm a little annoying I didn't bet around the 12k mark which I'm sure a player like him calls cos he has chips behind. I think I need to learn not to keep value shoving as it's much less effective live than online.

I lose 6k when the sb shoves A10 and I call with AJ. Flop JQK. MBN.

I sit around the 50k mark for a while. Open a couple of pots light and get re raised on the flop when I c-bet so decide to tighten up my range. Next significant hand I play I get dealt aces. I open to 1625 at 300/600/25 in the hijack+1. The cut off, button and small blind decide to join the party which isn't what I had in mind!

The flop comes an ugly 7,8,10 two diamonds. sb and cutoff have around 30k each and button is short so after the sb checks I decide I'm going to either check raise or peel a turn card (again should I lead this flop?) off for free. The button decides to shove for 7k- I call. He shows A7. Bink- 7 on the turn. My stack takes a hit back down to 35k instead of reaching the heights of 70.

Playing a little bit tilty I lose a significant pot to the legend Wernick. This is the worst pot I played all tournament. I'm in the big blind and 5 people limp. I check with Q2ss in bb. Flop comes Q, 10, 3. Everyone Checks. K on turn and after it's checked to Mickey on the button who bets 3.6k. With 316 players begind me I decide middle pair bottom kicker is good and call. Everyone else gets out of the way and I check/tank/call another bet of 6900 as Mickey obv shows the straight- J9. Well played George.

I'm now on around 25k. Player who has just sat down opens for a massive 3800 at 400/800/50 from 3rd to act and I look at 10,10 in cutoff. Should I be shoving here? folding? Calling? I really didnt know but decided to call. SB also calls and we see a threeway flop of JJ9. I bet 6500 after both check and am relieved to rake in a nice pot.

I kick things up last level of the night as people clam up and try to fold to day 2. I'm back up to around 45k when I find 10,10 again in hijack. Mick McCool is in the big blind and I open for 2650 at 500/1000/75. In hindsight I'm gonna open to closer to 3k cos I was getting a few cold callers when I was 2.5xing at this level. Mick flats out of the big blind with about 12k back. Flop is J65. I c-bet 4800, he shoves I call. He has K6, bink a 6 on the turn. I could not believe how bad I was running and was now down to 26k. Fine- that was average stack.

UTG then opens for 4k out of a stack of 16k and I set him in with AK from the big blind. He calls and shows tens. Flop is Ace high. Turn 10. TURN CARD WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO!!!!!

So came back to day 2 with 13k. Blinds go thru me as I can't find a spot to shove. Folds to me in the cut off, button has literally just turned up and sat down when I shove 43 off, he calls and shows AK. MBSFN!!! No binkage and I've hit the rail.

Thank you to my backers- throughly enjoyed the tournamenet- I just need to run better plz!!!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 07:34:15 AM »

So fcking sick George, i am on board for next time, you can't keep running bad.

P.S. [  ] 3betting La Ronde works

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 12:50:43 PM »

Some harsh hits you took there once you managed to build an impressive stack.

I don't mind that check with Aces on the textured flop. The 1st tens were def shovable but a call is fine too. Barring the Q2 misstep, one mistake in a long run of play, sounds like you played v.well. Ul mate.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »

Poker is a confidence game imo and if you keep telling yourself how bad you run it simply doesn't do you any favours. George the first two winning pots you describe are circa 20k each. In the first your 4-5 binks vs K-K and in the second you make a move with 3-6 and the flop comes 2-4-5. You are very lucky in both imo. This great luck gets you skipping to day 2 when many would be railing. The flip side of this good luck is you also have some bad luck. This is pretty standard no? You loose a flip with 10-10...you win a pot with 10-10...you lose a pot with 10-10. I think the amount you win with good luck is greater than the amount you lose with bad isn't it? Your luck is average not soooo sick imo. The only thing you can look at is the tilty hand you played bad cos the rest is out of your hands. I think you should be satisfied with your performance. If you tell yourself you are unlucky I don't think it will help you.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »

As Chris Akabussi said George, PMA!

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 03:11:23 PM »

Poker is a confidence game imo and if you keep telling yourself how bad you run it simply doesn't do you any favours. George the first two winning pots you describe are circa 20k each. In the first your 4-5 binks vs K-K and in the second you make a move with 3-6 and the flop comes 2-4-5. You are very lucky in both imo. This great luck gets you skipping to day 2 when many would be railing. The flip side of this good luck is you also have some bad luck. This is pretty standard no? You loose a flip with 10-10...you win a pot with 10-10...you lose a pot with 10-10. I think the amount you win with good luck is greater than the amount you lose with bad isn't it? Your luck is average not soooo sick imo. The only thing you can look at is the tilty hand you played bad cos the rest is out of your hands. I think you should be satisfied with your performance. If you tell yourself you are unlucky I don't think it will help you.

This is very true Mantis. A few months ago I was your typical poker player moaning about my bad luck, whinging that I never won a flop, moaning when my aces didnt hold etc etc etc.

Think your taking my report out of context- I have merely reported on the facts. I'm not saying "I'm so unlucky blah blah blah" but as with everyone who played this, I needed my hands to hold up. Obviously I haven't reported on every hand I played but I did have to bluff an awful lot because my starting hands were not up to scratch.

When you play this way, you put yourself in a position that when you DO get a hand and it holds up, you manage to build a stack and give yourself a shot. This "luck evens out" line is a bit ridic imo. Is this not a game of skill? Yes I got lucky when I made moves but in both pots where I did try and resteal pre- I did have a plan B. I wasn't just raising with 63 on the button to check the A49 flop.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »

ok well maybe I was responding more to flushy's so fcking sick comment. I don't think you ran so fcking sick overall. If you don't feel like that then fine, no need to change. I took the TURN CARD WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO!!!!! to be a negative emotion that could hamper you. If you think turn cards hate you then maybe you don't continue making these good moves/makes you more liable to tilting. If that's not the case then ok. Carry on.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:58:19 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 04:03:41 PM »

That was more for comedic value Cheesy (turn card why do you hate me?)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: