blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Can I fold trips on the river?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can I fold trips on the river?  (Read 4067 times)
keilan303

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »

Live MTT, final table. Avg Stack 25k. Blinds 600/1200. Down to 6 handed play.

I have ~20k before posting my BB 1200.

There is one limper, SB completes and i check   

Flop comes       three clubs

SB Checks

I bet 1800

Limper folds, SB calls

Turn is  two hearts. SB checks. SB is likely to have limped with a very wide range (and might have raised pre with a wide range aswell, eg. any broadway cards) I reckon he has an ace rag so I check behind.

River is 

SB checks, I quickly bet 4000 and SB quickly pumps it up to 12K

Surely I instacall?
gribbo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 12:44:18 PM »

Whats the buy in? Payout structure? Stack size of opponent? How aggressive has this guy been? Has been completing a lot? Have you seen him c/r before/does a lot of his hands go to showdown?

Obv the killer hands which he could legit have is 33 q10/k10/a10 all of which he could have limped. Hard one to call with the amount of info you have given about the guy, more info is needed if possible Ur hand is obv strong but I have never seen guys c/r bluff the river for a high% of their stack on the bubble of what im guessing is a small buy in tourney?
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 12:54:06 PM »

A ten worse than QT probably just folds the flop, and an ace would surely flat you on the river.

It's only a call if you think he could be bluffing a reasonable portion of the time...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
keilan303

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:09:48 PM »

£15 buy in, only around 20 runners, 3 places paid. I have played SB many times and he can be unpredictable, this is about 4th/5th time I've been at a final table with him so we have an idea of each others play, although most pots I can remember against him have been won without a showdown, so we could be making plays, and if he is, its a brilliant one. He almost always completes SB in an unraised pot so could hold ATC. We could even have the same hand which is what was bothering me. His check raise is a new one on me right enough...

I think he has me covered, more around 35k mark having just won some pots before this hand (last hand won at showdown was jack nine off in a multiway pot)
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »

he obviously had  two spades  so you should fold, I cant though

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »

he obviously had  pocket 3's  so you should fold, I cant though

imo

keilan303

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 02:54:37 PM »

A ten worse than QT probably just folds the flop, and an ace would surely flat you on the river.

It's only a call if you think he could be bluffing a reasonable portion of the time...

I like this thinking.....I just couldn't find the fold button as I felt it was a very close call. Of course he had    , I felt bad for not giving him enough respect but he said he'd make the same call (he put me on the ace, so I guess he could have had any ten)

Would anyone else check behind on the turn, or was this a missed opportunity to take down the pot? As I put him on the Ace i think I feared a check raise on the turn so was happy for the free card, anything but a ten and it goes check check on the river I'm sure....

EDIT: In light of "An ace just flats" do you think it was worth me betting the river in the first place?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:43:33 PM by keilan303 » Logged
gribbo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 11:44:43 AM »

Hey keilan just seen the result of the hand, i think you can pass a very high% of the time against this type of guy. No disrespect to the guy but not many players especially at £15 freezeouts on final table/bubble  are going to be c/r blufing the river or turning a hand like into a bluff. Your hand is strong but in relation to the actions and factors of the way it played out against this type of guy its pretty much worthless as he is always going to turn up with better trips or be filled up.

Are you playing the tourney/ is it on this sunday? Going to head down and give it a go.
keilan303

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 02:14:10 PM »

In my gut I knew it, I just refused to believe how unlucky I can get in these spots, that ten should have been my miracle card! Split pot was the only thing I was thinking when calling....I think in that sort of spot again I just check the river, if its good Im happy enough with what is in the pot, if not I keep the loss to a minimum...

As for c/r bluffing on the bubble....thats how I finally went out Wink it almost worked aswell...

I don't think the Sunday game is on this week as its a freeroll instead, you need to have played 4 games this month to qualify...bound to be a great crapshoot!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: