blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wireless problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wireless problem  (Read 898 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »

I changed to sky broadband approx 5 months ago. The router is in the dining room and connected to the pc by ethernet.
For the last few months I have been using my laptop to connect to the internet. This has always been fine until a few days ago. Now the lappie cant connect to the router when i'm in the lounge. Will connect fine if i'm upstairs or in the dining room though. Have not bought/changed any electrical items either.
sky techies were as helpful as a chocolate teapot!!!
Ideas anyone?
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »

Sounds like it's something in the lounge (possibly even a neighbours signal) causing interference.

If your set-up has remained 100% the same as it was, try changing the broadcast channel on the router, going as far away from the existing channel as possible - so if you are using channel 11 now, try channel 1 etc.

If that still doesn't work, it's a device in your home. Time to try moving cordless telephones/mobiles or any other device that uses an Infra-red or radio frequency. 

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: