blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  REECE FUNDRAISER - Please Read
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: REECE FUNDRAISER - Please Read  (Read 28421 times)
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2009, 07:00:24 PM »

keep going mate our thoughts are with you all the way..,.,,glglglglglglglggl....

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2009, 07:30:40 PM »

Keep it up rooks step by step mile by mile blister by blister let the force be with you 
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2009, 07:47:12 PM »

Why didn't I say I'd bike it?! 28.3 down potentially 10 more today. Only worry is the knee. It's fine when walking, it isn't when I stop and start again.

Ibuprofen for the niggles, but be careful not to mask a real injury. 

And no beer (well...OK, not many) tonight as carbs are stored in the muscles in solution.  No point reloading and then peeing it all away.

Horrible game this, isn't it!

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »

38 miles down, 92 to go. Just got to hotel. Letting phone charge while I get some food. Will post a bit more info when I get back. Basically I'm tired!

I'll be calling on kin also to help get my forerunner screenshots on on Tuesday.

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »

well done mate.,.,.keep going..,.,.,it must be hard but keep thinking what you will achieve.,..,

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »

Well done Rooky. Get those batteries re-charged.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »

well done mate keep going it must be hard but keep thinking what you will achieve

this just without the.,.,.,.,.,  Grin
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2009, 10:11:21 PM »

Well, what a day!! Train to Liverpool from Leeds at 7.07am - I don't get up until 7.40 on a weekday! I suppose I should get use to early starts before the move to London! Got to Liverpool at about 9am and walked down to those three famous building job things to pick up the new section of canal. I started the watch at that point (when effectively I had already walked 2.5 outside of the challenge!).

I had my back pack with clothes for tonight, what I thought was enough fluid and a medical kit an army officer would be proud of! The first section was 14.1 miles to maghull, where lunch was planned. My parents have pulled a blinder, obviously more aware of how tough this is going to be than I am they offered to meet for lunch then later in the afternoon to do the last 5 miles with me. They had lots of water with was well needed. Managed to burn my legs a bit today and it was hotter than I was expecting. Just a they met me my left knee started aching. I'm not a doctor but my guess is cartliage rather than ligaments. Anyone I was pretty worried at 14 miles in I was knackered! I had lunch and the knee had seized. I popped a couple of nurofen and either them or the moving of it again seemed to keep the 'pain' at a constant level.

The walking was pretty uneventful. I had a few comments from passing people wishing me luck (I have a special t shirt!) and a few entertaining, 'are u walking the whole way' type things! I only used the iPod for about 6 of the 11 hours. I let my head think through a lot of the things it has to think about fir the rest. I don't really remenber too many of the sites!

With my parents havingndriven down from teesside (because family and friend have sponsored me to do it in memory of my grandad and cancer research as well as this) they parked up in wigan and gotthe train out a stop or two. I was impressed by their pace. Certainly helped to have someone for those las few miles. Everything ached by that point.

Really tired now, can't even finish the rest. Basically had a taybarns tea (google is your friend). 4 slices of Pizza and two plates of pasta later and I'm just inthe bath. Getting out and hitting the sack. Up a 7am, looking for a finish around 6pk tomorrow because im staying at the bosses. My parents, top draw again are going to support the day once again! They aren't making it easy or anything though, I can assure u of that.

I only hope I wake up feeling no worse than now!!

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2009, 02:28:18 AM »

I am definately going to feel worse in the morning than last night.

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2009, 06:28:58 AM »

good luck today.,.,.,.,keep focused.,.,.,

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2009, 06:58:12 AM »

Hungry, thirsty, sore and sunburnt... And I haven't made a single step yet!! 35.1 to be done today.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »

Best of luck today Rooky, keep taking the tablets. Marvelous what you're doing.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »

Chris's parents are supporting him again today but we hope to catch sight of him in Blackburn around 14.00.

Keep going fella, my tummy is churning all the time hoping you aren't pushing yourself too much. x

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2009, 10:37:29 AM »

This is just extraordinary.

Huge respect, Sir.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2009, 10:43:15 AM »

This is just extraordinary.

Huge respect, Sir.

Indeed.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: