blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:28:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272825 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  DTD £250 Deepstack Turn Decision?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £250 Deepstack Turn Decision?  (Read 1261 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:11:12 AM »

35 left Av chips 40k ish, I have about 55k, I have villian covered but not by much.

Blinds 600/1200 ante 100

He raises in LP to 3500, I have  in the BB I decide to Flat call.

Flop  and a low card no heart. I bet out 7k he flat calls.
Turn  . I check to see what villain does and he bets 15k, I have about 45kish behind at this point and I just cover him.

What should I do?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:15:56 AM by Woodsey » Logged
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:32:04 AM »

Pretty villain dependant.

As played, call turn against aggressive player as we've displayed weakness by slowing down on the turn so a good chance he's at it.

Against nit fold turn (obv)

I probably fold against random. Need a read to hero, as a turn call kinda commits us to stack off on most rivers

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:36:27 AM »

Pretty villain dependant.

As played, call turn against aggressive player as we've displayed weakness by slowing down on the turn so a good chance he's at it.

Against nit fold turn (obv)

I probably fold against random. Need a read to hero, as a turn call kinda commits us to stack off on most rivers

He is probably playing less than the average number of hands but made a couple of light calls earlier on v another player. Had raised in LP an average number of times.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 01:59:22 AM »

RR PRE SHOVE TURN
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 02:10:05 AM »

I am shoving here tbh, we have outs should he call.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 02:53:16 AM »

as tank said, way too villain dependant. id probs 3b pre if he was opening a decent amount.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 12:06:56 PM »

Deffo raising pre here, as played I probably flat the turn and access on the river. 

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »

He had 77 in fact so turned a set. Calling the turn was the worst option IMO its fold or all in for me, as he had enough behind to fold, I went all in and missed.

I think in with hindsight and the suggestions on here I should have RR Pre-flop and fired the flop, if he was still in on the turn I guess GG me anyway. I'm not a big fan of RR Pre with medium pairs TBH, it just leads to too many sticky spots with over cards on the board, maybe I should reconsider this against looser players?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:39:47 PM by Woodsey » Logged
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 02:10:49 PM »

He had 77 in fact so turned a set. Calling the turn was the worst option IMO its fold or all in for me, as he had enough behind to fold, I went all in and missed.

I think in with hindsight and the suggestions on here I should have RR Pre-flop and fired the flop, if he was still in on the turn I guess GG me anyway. I'm not a big fan of RR Pre with medium pairs TBH, it just leads to too many sticky spots with over cards on the board, maybe I should reconsider this against looser players?

just leads to a lot of shit situations oop if you just call imo, especially HU. Multiway i think much easier to just call as usually pfr is kept honest and you actually have good implied odd to stack weak hands when u flop underrepped overpair/set mine.

I think call hu is Fine if you think your reads/postflop poker is different gravy, but tough otherwise.
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »

You got into a mess here because you didn't re-raise pre-flop. If you re-raise and he pops it back at you, your nines are no longer looking great and you are able to get away from them if you want and still have a playable, if not ideal stack.

If he calls, this also gives you information, although it's not as clear cut, but it also slows him down when you c-bet the flop if he misses, which was the case here.

If he passes pre-flop that's hardly a bad result either.

Obviously the decisions are player dependent but it sounds like he wasn't getting out of line too much and you make no mention of him being a Norwegian, so for me a pre-flop re-raise defines his and your hands much better and actually puts you in a better spot on the flop that you received.

As played, it does look like you are in trouble to be honest. This is where a good read is helpful and hopefully you will have been watching everyone play for ages and so should have a decent idea of where he is at.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: