blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:45:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Since when did it become the norm to slowroll all the time live ???
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Since when did it become the norm to slowroll all the time live ???  (Read 2658 times)
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »

Maybe it's a Newcastle thing? There was a hand at the Virgin Festival in Newcastle this weekend that was just lol. We're playing day two Player A moves in, Player B who covers asks for a count, makes the call and turns over aces!

lol I remember someone talking about that and was only for about an extra 1/2 bb too.

Some dick also annoyed me on the sunday, made the ft of the £30 game were about 7 handed and it's incred crapshooty. Blinds 5/10k guy makes it 30K i shove my 70k in, he has similar stack and starts giving it all "mmm do you want a race etc?" for about 5 minutes - FFS you dick u have 7bbs get them in and stop being a fanny, thinking my QQ is very good here before he eventually flips AKs nh gg.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 03:25:59 PM »

I see EvilPie reading this thread.  He comedy slowrolled me in a cash game at DTD, and a Swedish fella at the table said it was a terrible thing to do and I should have hit him (Matt, not the Swedish fella). 

Would have loved to see you launch an attack on Matt.

[ X ] You slowrolled me with AK once Kin

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »

Slow rolling is for c0ck suckers!

It is unnecessary. Even if you have AA pre and ask for a count - what? - you ever folding? Just a joke.

A UK pro once slow rolled me really bad in a GUKPT side event - for a decent sized pot, and proceeded to give me a rub down as I left.

I have never slow rolled, i will never slow roll - until i get the opportunity to get in a pot with that w@nker and have the clock called in me a call  with 1 second to go!

[   ]  i dont hold grudges
[ x ] - i cant wait for that day

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »

Slow rolling is for c0ck suckers!

It is unnecessary. Even if you have AA pre and ask for a count - what? - you ever folding? Just a joke.

A UK pro once slow rolled me really bad in a GUKPT side event - for a decent sized pot, and proceeded to give me a rub down as I left.

I have never slow rolled, i will never slow roll - until i get the opportunity to get in a pot with that w@nker and have the clock called in me a call  with 1 second to go!

[   ]  i dont hold grudges
[ x ] - i cant wait for that day

Names or it never happened!  Smiley

Go on name hime and give me someone to dislike

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »

I see EvilPie reading this thread.  He comedy slowrolled me in a cash game at DTD, and a Swedish fella at the table said it was a terrible thing to do and I should have hit him (Matt, not the Swedish fella). 

Would have loved to see you launch an attack on Matt.

Yeah - that was going to happen!!  Not without a gun.

[ X ] You slowrolled me with AK once Kin

I'd slowroll you every hand if possible.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
cod meharly
#9 - Evans

#9 - Evans

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 04:07:16 PM »

i was playing a cash game in the rendezvous in brighton a year ago and some guy from wales was sat at my table pissing everyone off (including me) so i couldnt wait to slowroll the fucker......

anyway the best thing in the world happens...his clueless wife comes and sits at our cash game table and before you know it i have the nuts on the river and shes shoved her stack. obviously i take a look at the womans husband and realise this is my perfect opportunity to get him where it hurts the most. so i ask for a count, scratch my head and get a clock on myself......
and reluctantly call. Dont think my fist pump went down to well with him or her but the table were very appreciative of this i am sure of it.

o my his face was a sight i will never forget and he soon stacked off v light once his wife was on the rail....

lessons to be learnt
[ ] being a jerk at the table pays off
[X] slowrolling is fun when used in the right spot
[X] welsh people are generally assholes
[ ] bringing the wife along to play poker is a good idea

generally i never slowroll but o my this was the perfect opportunity.

[  ] im good hu
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »

dewi get him

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »

slow rollers are scum....unless it's Vinny slowrolling me with Kings when I have Aces obv.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

The worst one I had was in a low buyin tournament. 2 tables left from 5. There'd been a small raise, a reraise from a guy sat to my right. I shoved with AKs. It folded back around to him, so he's last to act. He dwelled for about 2-3 minutes, asking me questions like "have you got a pair?", "can you beat pocked jacks?", etc. He eventually says he has to call and turns over AA... wtf. The slowroll was bad enough, but wtf was the speech play all about.

Blue text
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:31 PM »

people asking for a count pre, when you have moved in and they have aces is the worst...

Have to admit to probably being a bit over sensitive these days to ppl slowrolling me...but I'm sure they are mostly doing it deliberately. I called someone the other day in a live cash game with AK on J x x A J, and when I called the river he pointed at the board, without turning his cards over. What does this mean? you're playing the board? OH.... you have KJ....we got there in the end

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 12:44:32 AM »

best slowroll i ever recieved was in a 500nl cash game. i rr pre w A7hh, 2 guys call. flop 74h2h, i bet and get minraised, 3 to turn. Turn 7, checked round. River 4, he leads, i smash, he timedowns then types "i guess you have the 7 huh, sigh" then calls with 44. Maaaarrrveeelllllous, but tbh, we were having loads of banter and it was pretty funny. 
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »

ok, not live - SCOOP event 14-L

not only does he call to hit the 4 out gutshot but then he had to let his time bank tick for about 15 seconds before calling

PokerStars Game #26873105131: Tournament #200904141, $50+$5 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2009/04/08 16:56:10 ET
Table '200904141 142' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2: SCAINS2 (8675 in chips)
Seat 3: PeachesForMe (5610 in chips)
Seat 4: LuckySparky (1705 in chips)
Seat 5: matt674 (4350 in chips)
Seat 6: dno16 (4660 in chips)
PeachesForMe: posts small blind 15
LuckySparky: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to matt674 [ ]
matt674: calls 30
dno16: folds
SCAINS2: calls 30
PeachesForMe: calls 15
LuckySparky: checks
*** FLOP *** [ ]
PeachesForMe: checks
LuckySparky: checks
matt674: bets 120
SCAINS2: calls 120
PeachesForMe: folds
LuckySparky: folds
*** TURN *** [ ] []
matt674: bets 210
SCAINS2: raises 600 to 810
matt674: raises 3390 to 4200 and is all-in
SCAINS2: calls 3390
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
matt674: shows [ ] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
SCAINS2: shows [ ] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
SCAINS2 collected 8760 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8760 | Rake 0
Board [ ]
Seat 2: SCAINS2 (button) showed [ ] and won (8760) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 3: PeachesForMe (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: LuckySparky (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: matt674 showed [ ] and lost with a straight, Eight to Queen
Seat 6: dno16 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

sponsored by Fyffes
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: