blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:59:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273068 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  should this of worked?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: should this of worked?  (Read 7973 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »

It is light but I think everyone else has explained much better than I could why the call could easily be made with a hand like that.

Willie definitely raises light a fair bit but can lay down to a re-raise if he thinks he's behind. The people flatting behind are likely doing it with hands that can develop a bit so not complete rubbish, but unlikely to be monsters, given the way play typically goes there.

For some of the reasons Simon mentioned a lot of people just won't lay down to your raise, also, as others point out, the maths prob makes a call almost compulsory.

sola virtus nobilitat
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 06:53:08 PM »

thanks for all the replys guys..................he actually called with kt suited which i was pretty amazed with tbh.........i didnt mind the call as the pot was now for 30k.......after the hand i really felt that if i had 20-25k the player still would have called....anyways the flop came  7 8 t....cant remember the turn and another 8 on the river...he obviously felt that i knew willie was raisin light....

You sure have read this thread.

I think if you are 'amazed' by this call then you should deffo do some more reading up about how hands perfom pre flop.

You also should mind the call, its not a good idea to get it in behind.

You think he calls with KT for 25k so you try to bluff him for 13k?

The only thing i am amazed by is the time he took to call.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »

i stayed around for a bit and watched him play and then realised how bad he really was....im not sayin at the time of the move i thought he would call 20k -25k  it was afterwards when i was discussing it with some players from the same table at a break......also my hand is not very far behind him in this situation is it ?

Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 07:42:33 PM »

I was sitting next to Jason during this hand, personally i didn't mind his squeeze, and knowing the sort of player he is wasn't surprised to see his his hand.

The villain certainly didn't make a maths based call, he said afterwards he called because he could tell Jason was 'pooping himself'.

As i was sitting next to him and not looking at him i have no idea if this was true, but i have seen Jason make plenty of moves without his expression or body language changing.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 03:44:48 AM »

i dont mind it, live plays a lot shallower and they still think a squeeze is a big hand. as said i prefer if you have 15/20k
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 02:52:06 PM »

KT! id dislocate my shoulder calling.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 02:54:34 PM »

I was sitting next to Jason during this hand, personally i didn't mind his squeeze, and knowing the sort of player he is wasn't surprised to see his his hand. The villain certainly didn't make a maths based call, he said afterwards he called because he could tell Jason was 'pooping himself'.

As i was sitting next to him and not looking at him i have no idea if this was true, but i have seen Jason make plenty of moves without his expression or body language changing.

this makes the shove at least twice as bad.
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 06:26:23 PM »

nothing to add but std call..but a couple of nuggets of wisdom imo have been written that you should consider $muszlesz$
if you want to improve your mtt strategy..
I think if you are 'amazed' by this call then you should deffo do some more reading up about how hands perfom pre flop.

You also should mind the call, its not a good idea to get it in behind.

http://www.pokercalculatoronline.com/

have a tinker with this link.......... Smiley

i will add 3 things that i think good mtt players think about which i think you forgot about in this situation - What does my opponent have? What does my opponent think I have? What does my opponent think I think he has?
Manipulating the answers to the second question is a good step in improving imo as well as knowing what level are your opponents are thinking at so that you can adjust...
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 07:15:22 PM »

i will add 3 things that i think good mtt players think about which i think you forgot about in this situation - What does my opponent have? What does my opponent think I have? What does my opponent think I think he has?

For most live players you only have to consider the first.

For just about none do you need to consider the last.
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »

seems like most of the ppl that reply here just berate the play or the player imo.....thanks to those who have replyed tho always good to hear the views of others

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 12:44:50 PM »

seems like most of the ppl that reply here just berate the play or the player imo.....thanks to those who have replyed tho always good to hear the views of others

It's called tough love mate.

Don't take it to heart. Just make sure you take on board what everyone's saying because most of it makes sense.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »

Don't take it to heart. Just make sure you take on board what everyone's saying because most of it makes sense.

I don't think the OP will take anything on board, the post was just a place to whine, there is no intention of self improvement.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 06:14:41 PM »

I don't think the OP will take anything on board, the post was just a place to whine, there is no intention of self improvement.

This is the feeling I got from the thread as well. I mean $muszlesz$, I said the move was no good because you had just moved tables and so you were playing it blind. You agree because you say "i stayed around for a bit and watched him play and then realised how bad he really was....im not sayin at the time of the move i thought he would call 20k -25k,  it was afterwards ". So this guy makes bad calls. You didn't know that when you pushed all-in. You did a bit later. That's how you cocked the hand up in a nutshell. But you keep asking whether it's a bad call by him...i still think kt is light here tho.....dont u ?. The responses you get to that question are totally irrelevant. You want people to say he's the bad player and that's why you lost. But not knowing he was a bad player and trying to squeeze him blind for your tournament with scant chips is bad play by you buddy. Appreciating that point makes the k-10 is light debate redundant. I'm not berating you at all, I'm just telling you how it is.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 04:38:35 AM »

i do take on board wot ppl are sayin and the only ppl who are berating the play are u flushy who is rich and doesnt mind wot ppl say back and a player who u stake...so in all honesty i feel like u just want to berate the the players who dont play the high level poker u do and also dont have the money to

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 07:53:50 AM »

i do take on board wot ppl are sayin and the only ppl who are berating the play are u flushy who is rich and doesnt mind wot ppl say back and a player who u stake...so in all honesty i feel like u just want to berate the the players who dont play the high level poker u do and also dont have the money to

I think he berates everyone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: