blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:40:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  DTD £300 Main event stake required
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Main event stake required  (Read 3752 times)
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »

all shares sold tyvm thumbs up

problems buying in online so am going to the club saturday asap and paying cash over the counter - hopefully if it has sold out then i'll still get in as an alternate Smiley

sponsored by Fyffes
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 10:17:37 PM »

me please!.. still left?

sent - hope you come 2nd! :-
gl
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »

15th of 100 going into day 2 with 50200 in chips going into level 10 (600/1200 ante 100). Average stack is 30k with 27 being paid.

Uneventful first few levels, managed to get off to a steady start flopping a set with  during level one but only taking down about 1500 chips to mean that spent the first few levels slightly above starting stack. Got AA just the once but didnt get much action and then just before the first break limped into a pot from early position with  . There was a small raise that was called by the BB so went along for the ride. Flop wasn't a great one, something like  , it was checked to the original raiser who checked. I liked the  turn and it was then that the BB put in a 800 bet, i called and original raiser called. River  and BB checked so i made a bet of 1700 which was called by the original raiser (leaving just 1500 back) and the BB passed. I turned up the flush and he mucked AA face up - weeeeee for free turn card and no reraise on the turn.

This meant taking just over 15000 into the first break then caught a lucky break. Lucy Rokash limped into a pot which is then raised by the cut off. I look down in my BB to find  . Its only 450 to call with 1000 in pot already, i don't want to limp because then i price Lucy into calling and then end up 3 way out of position so i make it 2000 to go. Lucy passes and then initial raiser makes it 5000 to go. Now i know he has a big pair or AK so as he only had about 6000 left i know he's pot commited so just reraise all in preflop. He takes a while to make a decision but eventually calls and turns up  - no K and no 4-flush and i'm sitting comfortable on just short of 30k.

Shortly after that we move to 100/200 and i raise up with AK, a short stack pushes all in after me with 99, i make the call and hit the K on the turn to take my stack just over 35k. Not much happened then for the next level or so and just before the 2nd break i am sitting with about 38k. I get 10's in mid position and raise to 1200 (150/300 ante 25) which is called in one spot. Flop comes  . I'm first to speak and fire in a pot size bet of about 2800, he thinks then announces all in. I know at this point i'm beat but its costing me about 3000 into a pot of 15000. If i have less chips then i probably pass but because i know that by calling it isn't going to hurt my stack much then i announce call reluctantly. He turns over  so i need a 10 or running diamonds for the pot - next card  and my stack grows to about 45k. Took a few more pots towards the end of the level and made the 2nd break with about 48k in chips

Not much happened during the third hour. Had been having problems with a bit of jungle fever during the past few days so decided to take it easy during the last levels as at times (and with it being about 2am) i was struggling to concentrate. Managed to get stack up to about 53k taking down some uncontested pots but then last few orbits never picked up anything worth playing so finished the day on 50200. Feeling a lot better now so hopefully (especially after my free lunch for making day two thumbs up) will be refreshed and ready to make an assault on the £29000+ first prize Smiley

sponsored by Fyffes
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 03:01:39 PM »

so much for feeling refreshed and ready - wished i'd spent the first hour of the restart in bed Sad

Lost two early races when getting short stacks to call all in when i had the best hand, first off i lose 8k when my 99 loses to AJ when A appears on turn then another 11k when i reraise a player all in with 88 and he makes the call with KQ o/s

Still sitting on 28k which is just slightly below average but at 600/1200 is still comfortable there is a raise preflop to 6200 by a player who has just doubled up reraising all in with AJ vs QQ so when he raises big very next hand and i look down to find KK on the button i decide just to flat call and let him lead out on the flop. When it came 763 rainbow i liked my chances and when he pushed all in instantly i thought my KK was miles ahead of his 1010/JJ - Unfortunately it wasn't ahead of his AA and my 28k went sailing in someone elses direction leaving me standing on the rail.

Thanks to all those who took the chance on staking me and apologies that i couldn't get a draw having got into a decent position at the end of day one

sponsored by Fyffes
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »

so much for feeling refreshed and ready - wished i'd spent the first hour of the restart in bed Sad

Lost two early races when getting short stacks to call all in when i had the best hand, first off i lose 8k when my 99 loses to AJ when A appears on turn then another 11k when i reraise a player all in with 88 and he makes the call with KQ o/s

Still sitting on 28k which is just slightly below average but at 600/1200 is still comfortable there is a raise preflop to 6200 by a player who has just doubled up reraising all in with AJ vs QQ so when he raises big very next hand and i look down to find KK on the button i decide just to flat call and let him lead out on the flop. When it came 763 rainbow i liked my chances and when he pushed all in instantly i thought my KK was miles ahead of his 1010/JJ - Unfortunately it wasn't ahead of his AA and my 28k went sailing in someone elses direction leaving me standing on the rail.

Thanks to all those who took the chance on staking me and apologies that i couldn't get a draw having got into a decent position at the end of day one

Good effort Matt - obv. just v.unlucky.
Thank you for the reports / updates.

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 04:57:16 PM »

??

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 04:50:50 PM »

ul mate - good luck next time!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: