blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:01:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Butchered hand of PLOH?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Butchered hand of PLOH?  (Read 2191 times)
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »

yoyo - first hand analysis thread ive started so be patient! lol

sat playing 2/2 dealers choice game - 7 handed - sat with approx £550, playing 5OH on the button, everyone on the table has me covered.

dealt - 

limped around to be so pot it from the button for another 14 quid - called in 5 spots - so the pot is now 84 quid.

FLOP - 

checked to me so i bet 65, called in one spot (hijack).

TURN -  two spades

Villain no leads for £120 - with me playing 460 total, what's your line here???

Sure will fold sir.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 03:13:47 PM »

welcome to blonde

p.s ship it in, fade nut hearts or nut spades which call your shippage. I suppose he could have  for the split currently and the redraw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:16:05 PM »

how much does Villain have behind? Not that it really matters I'm 99% shipping it here

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:19:14 PM »

he's playing like 800 - 900 total, he does have  along with  , i hate his line especially 7 handed, but is there any justification for a peel here?

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »

he's playing like 800 - 900 total, he does have  along with  , i hate his line especially 7 handed, but is there any justification for a peel here?

Im no PLO expert - but i think you can only peel here if you fold to the H S or pair falling.

What you need to remember is that there will be no more value in the hand if a brick falls. If you are happy with the pot as it stands call - i get em all in!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »

hes not leading that turn imo with anything other than the nuts, i.e. K10, imo. coz its such a spewy line for him to lead anything else i think, dont think im passing the river w/e, but am i gaining value by just peeling here possibly. obv i want it all in here if the river bricks i gaining etc, but might villain turn his hand into a bluff on the river if it bricks (i.e. non spade / heart, pair)?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »

hes not leading that turn imo with anything other than the nuts, i.e. K10, imo. coz its such a spewy line for him to lead anything else i think, dont think im passing the river w/e, but am i gaining value by just peeling here possibly. obv i want it all in here if the river bricks i gaining etc, but might villain turn his hand into a bluff on the river if it bricks (i.e. non spade / heart, pair)?

I think you're over analysing this hand.

It seems quite clear that he's got the same nut hand now as you so he's never passing so just shove it in.

It would have to be a very specific holding for him to be free rolling against your hand so get it in now and hope that it's you who improves.

I don't mind oppos line. Call to make it look like a flush draw then bet what looks like a brick card when he had the nuts all along. Nice play and likely to get a shove from a set or good flush draw.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 04:50:46 PM »

I think you're over analysing this hand.

It seems quite clear that he's got the same nut hand now as you so he's never passing so just shove it in.

It would have to be a very specific holding for him to be free rolling against your hand so get it in now and hope that it's you who improves.

I don't mind oppos line. Call to make it look like a flush draw then bet what looks like a brick card when he had the nuts all along. Nice play and likely to get a shove from a set or good flush draw.

yeh ty my thoughts really - just wanted to make sure the jam was standard tbh - coz dont have either nut flush draws, but feelings after were i jam there 100% of the time - tbf his check call the flop seems to make sense as hes flopped the abs world!

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 11:37:15 AM »

i would never shove here
whats the point?
 i would just flat here and see a river then decide

Just me
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 12:02:27 PM »

i would never shove here
whats the point?

Decide what exactly?

You've got the nuts now with 2 x 2nd nut redraws and only 1 card to come. This is as clear a raise as I've ever seen. Possibly not shove if you want to induce a shove from your oppo but surely you want all the money in here.

If the river pairs are you passing? What if one of your flushes makes it? Are you planning on getting to the end as cheaply as possible?

I'm interested to know what your plan would be if you flat when the following happen:

a - the river's a brick and villain checks

b - the river's a heart and villain checks

c - the river's a spade and villain bets the pot

d - the river pairs and villain checks

e - the river pairs and villain bets the pot

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »

i would never shove here
whats the point?

Decide what exactly?

You've got the nuts now with 2 x 2nd nut redraws and only 1 card to come. This is as clear a raise as I've ever seen. Possibly not shove if you want to induce a shove from your oppo but surely you want all the money in here.

If the river pairs are you passing? What if one of your flushes makes it? Are you planning on getting to the end as cheaply as possible?

I'm interested to know what your plan would be if you flat when the following happen:

Matt,
I'm sure I get it in on the turn here, and spoken as a fairly rocky omaha player, that should be that.  If I did decide I was only calling the turn though, it would be with a pre-conceived plan:

a) let him have it if a heart comes - we think he has
b) stick it up him if a spade comes - our flush is better through the back door
c) obv it goes in if a brick comes
d) stick it in if checked to on a paired board,  - this is the only one that actually turns out to be a bad idea given his hand.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 03:42:29 PM »

i would never shove here
whats the point?

Decide what exactly?

Matt,
I'm sure I get it in on the turn here, and spoken as a fairly rocky omaha player, that should be that.  If I did decide I was only calling the turn though, it would be with a pre-conceived plan:

a) let him have it if a heart comes - we think he has
b) stick it up him if a spade comes - our flush is better through the back door
c) obv it goes in if a brick comes
d) stick it in if checked to on a paired board,  - this is the only one that actually turns out to be a bad idea given his hand.

So if we think he has  isn't that all the more reason to get it in now?

We've got our spade draw which we think is good and we've got 2 blockers against his redraw (assuming he's got it of course). Therefore we are ahead.

What if it pairs and villain leads out? Do we give up?

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »

So if we think he has  isn't that all the more reason to get it in now?

We've got our spade draw which we think is good and we've got 2 blockers against his redraw (assuming he's got it of course). Therefore we are ahead.

What if it pairs and villain leads out? Do we give up?

If it pairs and villain leads out, we give up. If we get outplayed, fair enough.  If we have the hands right, getting it all in negates the advantage of being able to play the river perfectly, in return for being very slightly in front now. 

It's difficult to keep playing devil's advocate tho when I would have smashed it in on the turn with everyone else...

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 09:38:05 PM »

i would never shove here
whats the point?

Decide what exactly?

i am more of a feel player

a. value bet
b value bet
c call or reraise
d check behind or shove
e go on read and feeling

Just me
Neishe
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 06:10:27 AM »

U have the nuts with very good redraws, bet the full pot and hope to get a call from a naked K-10!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: