blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 03:01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273149 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  New TV Help
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New TV Help  (Read 16971 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2009, 11:11:34 AM »

Right ive been looking for 2 hours now and getting no where.

I want a new telly on Saturday when I move.
So i either want it delivered to work tomorrow or Friday, or be able to pick it up in Nottingham on Saturday.
50"
1080 HD ready
Upto £1k

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPO-LG-50PS3000-50PS3000 is the best ive found so far but they wont deliver it sensibly, nor can I pick it up.

Anyone now of any good websites? Anyone know which tellys are good and which are rubbish?!

Help please, any advice gratefully received!

(Yes this is a blatant brag that im buying a big f off telly  Cheesy )

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:15:59 AM »

I picked this up back in Jan, its a beauty, although it was £680 when I got it!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5366244/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C12108813/c_2/2%7Ccat_12108813%7CTelevisions%7C12108983/c_3/3%7Ccat_12108983%7C46+inch+and+above+LCD+TVs%7C12109002.htm

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:23:54 AM »

Got a smaller (37") Panasonic Plasma at home and it really is the business, I'd recommend them.  I think you may be a bit lucky to get one in time for the weekend, most people deliver them and it takes a few days usually.   You may get lucky with somewhere like Amazon, if they stock them themselves then you could get it in time, or somewhere like John Lewis or M&S.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »

Currys and Richer Sounds all have stock so they could be picked up.

Yeah the next delivery on something that big is unlikely.

But just had a brain, I used to work at the Sony Centre years ago, best nip in and say hello!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:30:13 AM »

Which gives some good advice

http://www.which.co.uk/advice/buying-a-new-television/index.jsp
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »

If Richer have got one of these in the Nottm store, Panasonic plasmas are pretty good:
http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TXP50G10B
I can't see a way of checking stock on the website - you have to call them I guess.

Personally I'd go with plasma over LCD for a TV - the colour reproduction is much more lifelike. Although if you're going to be connecting a computer and playing poker for hours on it then LCD might be better (less chance of burn in).

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »

John Lewis will price match if they stock a telly you can get cheaper elsewhere, and their after-sales customer service is fantastic.

If I were you though, I'd probably go for a telly just that little bit better than the one Matt's getting...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »

Go to richer sounds mate.

You can look at them in store and take one away with you.

Forget the LG3000. There's a 6000 version out that looks much nicer. Seamless edges and all that.

£800. Bargain and probably the one I'm getting.

The Panasonic that Rex mentioned is a belter as well though. Better picture but not as pretty looking as the LG imo.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 01:00:44 PM »

One more thing.

Don't rush!!!

Make sure you get the right one you big muppet. I know you want it for Saturday but you don't really NEED it do you?

Better to make sure you get the best available for the money than make a mistake.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »

Best not to have it for Saturday to be honest.  One less thing to move (and get damaged).  Why not wait till next week when you've moved in?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 01:03:53 PM »

Best not to have it for Saturday to be honest.  One less thing to move (and get damaged).  Why not wait till next week when you've moved in?

Because he's an impatient tit head.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »

Because he's an impatient tit head.

[  ] I don't know this

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 01:27:31 PM »

My cousin (who is a bit of a techy) has just bought a 50" 1080p 'one of the new LG 600hz' range.  He says picture quality is 'amazing'.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 01:27:44 PM »

Lol at all you waiting fools.

If i dont get the right one, this one can go in the conservatory.

Do you really think im worrying about saturday?

I have a van. Im going to move bed, sofa, tv, fridge, washer.
I am then going to buy a telly, ps3.
I am then going to be in the pub by lunch.

House moving = piece of drunken cake.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »

A 50" plasma will look ridiculous in your conservatory you fool.

But that's beside the point. If you're in a rush that's fine.

Go to Richer Sounds and buy the LG50PS8000. £1k. Great TV.

Or if it's just the size you're bothered about the LG50PG3000 is only £600.

The reason I say take your time is because you can easily get ripped off. For example LG do at least 9 versions of 50" plasma that I know of:

There's the PG, PQ and PS versions of the 3000, 6000 and 8000 series. When price checking you have to make sure you're looking at the right one.

You're only looking at a few hundred quid difference but some unscrupulous sellers will flog you the cheapest version at the better model's price.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: