blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  FML ... Just F M L !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FML ... Just F M L !!!  (Read 8803 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 01:59:50 AM »

some of my teeth were just too loose to save

I think Dingdell had the sucking machine turned up too high.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 07:53:56 AM »

some of my teeth were just too loose to save

I think Dingdell had the sucking machine turned up too high.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 03:51:35 PM »

Ginger FYI

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8058771.stm

These are very robust:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/84210/Power-Tools/SDS-Drills/Makita-HM0860C1-110V-SDS-Max-Demolition-Hammer-Drill
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 10:23:27 AM »

So, those who have known me on blonde for years will know that I have been very self concious of my teeth for ages, and always wanted to get them sorted out.

Only drawback was, I have a serious phobia of the dentist, stupid I know, but I am a gibbering wreck whenever I even think about dentists and needles in gums etc ... That said, I eventually plucked up the courage to seek out a dentist and make an appointment (my hand was kind of forced, as my teeth were becoming loose and were giving me constant pain)

I had my initial consultation a while ago and was sent for X-rays and told that I would be losing a few teeth and would need dentures ... no big surprise tbh, I knew this was going to be the outcome. The thing that pissed me off more than anything was the fact that my teeth were fine, no decay, no fillings required etc etc, the problem was gum disease, my gums had shrunk so badly that some of my teeth were just too loose to save, and if i had only visited a dentist earlier (albeit about 2 years earlier) I would have been ok and my teeth could have been sorted and saved ... FML

Onto Friday just passed and I have my follow up from the x-rays etc ... I sit in the chair and my Dentist tells me that apart from the 5 teeth I have already lost, i need to lose 7 more ... YES ANOTHER FKIN  S E V E N !!!

Marvellous, I am missing one front tooth at the top, one from the bottom and 3 from the side of my mouth, now I find out I will have to lose another 7 and have bridges/dentures top and bottom ... FML I think, but hey ho, at least I will be able to smile again, i don't think any photos exist of me smiling properly because I have always been too self concious about my railings.....

Mr Dentist then puts shit loads of putty in my mouth top and bottom and takes moulds for the making of the falsies, and tells me that it will take 6 days to make and to make an appointment to have the 7 teeth out and have the falsies fitted.

Off i trot to reception with my forms in my hand and make my appointment ... JULY the fucking 2nd is the earliest appointment I can have, WHAT !! over six fucking weeks with no front teeth etc ... FML.

So thats the state of play, gappy for 6 more weeks and still have the extraction of 7 more to look forward to ... and just to FML a bit more, the receptionist says , "oh hang on, i see you are having dentures made" ... "Yes" I say hoping that they would now miraculously find me an earlier appointment ... "ahhh" she says, "In that case you will have to pay a sizeable deposit"

FML ... FML ... FML ...  So if anyone sees me out and about in the next 6 weeks, feel free to take the piss !!

PS. Please brush your teeth regularly and have regular dental check ups, I sure wish I had done so.

sir, I salute your bravery. I am also seriously phobic about dentists (i feel physically sick even thinking about visiting one.). I walked out on the last one because I was convinced I could feel the drill even although he had given me the maximum dose of novocaine permissable by law. That was 4 years ago and I havent been back.

There are now bits falling off my teeth and they are badly discoloured. Since been diagnosed with my little heart troubles I was put on Warfarin, which thins your blood and makes you bleed very easily. I have been using this as an excuse not to go. But I have been told that i am being taken off warfarin in august, so will have no excuses. I have also decided that I should go back, but even now I feel quite ill about it.

I dont mind extractions, i can cope with that type of pain. Its the fillings, and the thin drill with the high pitched whine that makes me come out in a cold sweat.

good luck...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »

So, those who have known me on blonde for years will know that I have been very self concious of my teeth for ages, and always wanted to get them sorted out.

Only drawback was, I have a serious phobia of the dentist, stupid I know, but I am a gibbering wreck whenever I even think about dentists and needles in gums etc ... That said, I eventually plucked up the courage to seek out a dentist and make an appointment (my hand was kind of forced, as my teeth were becoming loose and were giving me constant pain)

I had my initial consultation a while ago and was sent for X-rays and told that I would be losing a few teeth and would need dentures ... no big surprise tbh, I knew this was going to be the outcome. The thing that pissed me off more than anything was the fact that my teeth were fine, no decay, no fillings required etc etc, the problem was gum disease, my gums had shrunk so badly that some of my teeth were just too loose to save, and if i had only visited a dentist earlier (albeit about 2 years earlier) I would have been ok and my teeth could have been sorted and saved ... FML

Onto Friday just passed and I have my follow up from the x-rays etc ... I sit in the chair and my Dentist tells me that apart from the 5 teeth I have already lost, i need to lose 7 more ... YES ANOTHER FKIN  S E V E N !!!

Marvellous, I am missing one front tooth at the top, one from the bottom and 3 from the side of my mouth, now I find out I will have to lose another 7 and have bridges/dentures top and bottom ... FML I think, but hey ho, at least I will be able to smile again, i don't think any photos exist of me smiling properly because I have always been too self concious about my railings.....

Mr Dentist then puts shit loads of putty in my mouth top and bottom and takes moulds for the making of the falsies, and tells me that it will take 6 days to make and to make an appointment to have the 7 teeth out and have the falsies fitted.

Off i trot to reception with my forms in my hand and make my appointment ... JULY the fucking 2nd is the earliest appointment I can have, WHAT !! over six fucking weeks with no front teeth etc ... FML.

So thats the state of play, gappy for 6 more weeks and still have the extraction of 7 more to look forward to ... and just to FML a bit more, the receptionist says , "oh hang on, i see you are having dentures made" ... "Yes" I say hoping that they would now miraculously find me an earlier appointment ... "ahhh" she says, "In that case you will have to pay a sizeable deposit"

FML ... FML ... FML ...  So if anyone sees me out and about in the next 6 weeks, feel free to take the piss !!

PS. Please brush your teeth regularly and have regular dental check ups, I sure wish I had done so.

sir, I salute your bravery. I am also seriously phobic about dentists (i feel physically sick even thinking about visiting one.). I walked out on the last one because I was convinced I could feel the drill even although he had given me the maximum dose of novocaine permissable by law. That was 4 years ago and I havent been back.

There are now bits falling off my teeth and they are badly discoloured. Since been diagnosed with my little heart troubles I was put on Warfarin, which thins your blood and makes you bleed very easily. I have been using this as an excuse not to go. But I have been told that i am being taken off warfarin in august, so will have no excuses. I have also decided that I should go back, but even now I feel quite ill about it.

I dont mind extractions, i can cope with that type of pain. Its the fillings, and the thin drill with the high pitched whine that makes me come out in a cold sweat.

good luck...

You could always try what I do, and don't have the injections. After realising that my phobia was mainly linked to the needles (from a very bad experience at the dentists when I was little), I stopped having them - it's not pleasant (bit of an understatement there) but it's a hell of a lot better than even the thought of the needle.

Finding a sympathetic to phobias dentist is hard enough at the best of times, and especially now, but if you manage to find one it can make a world of difference

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »

My baby very pleased to have a gap in her teeth....suppose it's easier to smile when the tooth fairy has delivered a nice shiny coin!

Click to see full-size image.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 06:49:40 PM »

Am so tempted to put a pic of mine up... so you can all use it to show your kids what will happen if they dont look after their teeth !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009, 08:14:22 PM »

At least yer arse is in pretty good shape thanks to Ding.

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »

At least yer arse is in pretty good shape thanks to Ding.

Its my best feature Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »

good luck...

Seriously Laz if you have any form of heart troubles get your teeth fixed now!!

A close family friend was due to have heart surgery a few years ago. He was booked in to be fixed but was told that he couldn't have it done because of the state of his teeth. I don't know why dodgy teeth meant he couldn't have his heart op but it's true.

He had to get his teeth fixed first which he duly did as he realised that he needed his heart op to save his life.

So he gets his teeth fixed (for fixed read removed) and 6 months later he is due back at hospital for his new valves and things.

Unfortunately it was one day too late and he keeled over at home with a heart attack the morning of his op.

Maybe if he'd had the op when he was originally booked in he'd still be here now. Who knows?

I know it's a bit extreme but if there's ever been a reason to get your teeth sorted here it is.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2009, 10:19:41 PM »

Gum disease can lead to heart disease apparently...not that weird when you think about it but not something you actively consider probably.
Looking after the gnashers is proper important, and dentists these days are actually not all savages who thrive on causing kids tremendous amounts of pain.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ruthless1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »

i can so relate to hating the dentist, its not so much the injections its the sounds off the drills they use that make me feel sick. Last year i was on holiday out in turkey and had a really bad tooth ache at the back, now there is no trouble with my front teeth and like to think i look after mine well apart from being a smoker which dis colours my teeth i can cope with having them cleaned every six months, but what im trying to get to is while i was out in turkey i notice how differant they worked and how cheap there treatment was, i had to have a back tooth taken out, but will be having a bridge done when i go out there in september.
My friend also had 13 caps replaced over 5 days and a bit off swollen gums, she only paid 950 for all them teeth which look so nice, if i get to the point where i want to have verners excuse my spelling i will be be having them done in turkey and still save loads off dosh!
Good luck kev with your new nashers x
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 04:59:47 PM »

Gum disease can lead to heart disease apparently...not that weird when you think about it but not something you actively consider probably.
Looking after the gnashers is proper important, and dentists these days are actually not all savages who thrive on causing kids tremendous amounts of pain.

Would appear that Dr Boldie is right, there is a lot of pure association here, but some causation too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8063512.stm

Which is pretty wtf, you'd think you're just risking your teefs, but in fact not brushing could cause uber heart problems.

[Edit: NB this research was done by a German institution]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:10:47 PM by G1BTW » Logged
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 07:10:14 PM »

Would appear that Dr Boldie is right, there is a lot of pure association here, but some causation too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8063512.stm

Which is pretty wtf, you'd think you're just risking your teefs, but in fact not brushing could cause uber heart problems.

[Edit: NB this research was done by a German institution]

ldo, all good research is done by Germans.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 08:29:53 PM »

Tomorrow is the day ... 7 more gnashers out and new ones in !!

Absolutely fucking petrified !!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: