blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:40:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  50/1 Cash game at DTD.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50/1 Cash game at DTD.  (Read 1663 times)
Cas-Az

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:44:47 AM »

Full Table, Raise in Mid Position to £3 from LAG (Stack £70ish).

I call on the button with  . My Stack £95

BB (Very Tight Player £100+ stack) Complete's. 3 of us see the flop of

BB Checks, Original Raiser check's, I bet £5.

BB Raises to £20.

I'm thinking, it's pretty unlikely he has Pocket 9's or Pocket 6's, maybe he has pocket 4's or Overpair, from previous action i discounted 78 as i dont think he would have made the raise, maybe just have checked to call.

Anyway, i re-raise £60 as i dont want any wierd 35 or 78 gettin there.

Did i make the right play, should i have just called and seen the turn card?? Or should i have folded, on the flop?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:01:03 AM »

Firstly never be thinking to fold the flop

I don't mind if your looking to get it all in here as he may stack off with 10's, Jacks  so don't want any scare cards for him on the turn.However,against such a nit he may pass his 10's or Jacks since your hand now looks really strong vs his cr on what is a pretty dry board it kinda depends on what your image is but do you think he would inc A9,78 in your range as that's the only hands he's really beating if he has 10's.Since you have position i think call and look for him to bet/stack off on the turn.

Also why would you worry he has 35 if he's very tight
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:04:02 AM »

Very tight player in BB, so unlikely he has 3-5 or something like that. You discounted 78 as well.

I would put him on an over pair or a set. He could have the set of course but it's really only a set of you're fearing and you've got some outs on that.

I would be tempted to flat here and hope he fires into me on the turn. It's all about finding a best way to get the money in here IMO and I'm thinking a raise would scare him off. Obv if he is holding TT/JJ or something like that an Ace or King could scare him off but folding is not for me here. Raise to 60 is a bit much, £50-£55 is fine.

Would be interested to hear what others think is the best way to get the money in but it's going in.

edit; Monda just replied pretty much the same...can't believe it took me three minutes to type the above..could have just quoted and said "This"

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
In Form

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:10:02 AM »

How tight is he?

I think 78 could well be in his range - and by putting you on 2 overs thinks the C/R semi bluff can win it right there.

The only hand you don't want to see is 44. I raise to around £55 might just do the trick.

Cas-Az

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 10:20:54 AM »

Thanks for the response's lads......

Mondatoo, not worried about the 35 or 78, im just been nitty and exploring all avenues.......

So i think my question was answered, try + get the money in on the flop or turn........ Just wanted to see if i was thinkin on the right lines.

Anyway he pop's me all in, i can't fold for another £25+ so i call, im thinking im up against a set for sure.

He pop's over  . WOW, even i fold to the re-raise here on the flop in his position + im Aggressive.

Obviously the  came on the Turn + River to give him the higher 2 pair, but nevermind.......
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 10:30:27 AM »

Mondatoo, not worried about the 35 or 78, im just been nitty and exploring all avenues.......

So i think my question was answered, try + get the money in on the flop or turn........ Just wanted to see if i was thinkin on the right lines.

Anyway he pop's me all in, i can't fold for another £25+ so i call, im thinking im up against a set for sure.

He pop's over  . WOW, even i fold to the re-raise here on the flop in his position + im Aggressive.

Obviously the  came on the Turn + River to give him the higher 2 pair, but nevermind.......

WP and UL.

BTW..never ever fold AA here when you're in his position in a live game unless you have a nice read on someone...you're ahead more often than not.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Cas-Az

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »

WP and UL.

BTW..never ever fold AA here when you're in his position in a live game unless you have a nice read on someone...you're ahead more often than not.

Its up for discussion wether to fold AA in his position, i personlly would've done. Whenever i got to showdown i had only real strength and hadnt made any bluffs previously, he said he thought i had a set, but couldnt take the risk so he called. Marginal call i think and very tricky play pre-flop by just checking.

But nevertheless, he got max value out of his AA in the wierdest way possible.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 11:26:56 AM »

No real discussion needed for what you'd do with AA here since flatting multiway oop pre is just tez
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »

WP and UL.

Its up for discussion wether to fold AA in his position, i personlly would've done. Whenever i got to showdown i had only real strength and hadnt made any bluffs previously, he said he thought i had a set, but couldnt take the risk so he called. Marginal call i think and very tricky play pre-flop by just checking.

But nevertheless, he got max value out of his AA in the wierdest way possible.
would u fold AA in that situation?
i doubt it its a dry board
i dont think you have done anything wrong but he hasnt either.

Just me
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 07:41:26 PM »

folding AA is like LOLcashaments here. U played it fine. Maybe flat his raise if hes aggro and get it in on turn to get more from his bluffs/semibluffs.

ul gg
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 08:09:24 PM »

didnt read past op but unlimped pot raise button pls, no limpy dimpies.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: