blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:48:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Ruling as;dfhdsfdbanfdsb
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Ruling as;dfhdsfdbanfdsb  (Read 4788 times)
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »

if you take the penalty then it means he has won

By entering the tournament you accept that it's being run by a TD employed by the venue. When a TD makes that decision you have to accept it and move on whether you agree with it or not. That's how tournament poker works. The notion that its a competition between TD and player with one winning and one losing is laughable, before even considering yopur other ill informed personal comments towards the TD
Put so much more kindly than i could`ve managed

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »

Correct ruling imo.

The fact the cards didn't make any difference on this occasion isn't really the point.

It *could* have made a huge difference to the outcome of the pot. And for sure, you and noone else at this table will be showing cards in the future.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
del

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 11:28:17 AM »

very harsh.  guy sounds like a prick and that power has went to his head.  id prob tell him to go f**k himself and end up getting barred from the club

if you take the penalty then it means he has won

Just for the record neither Dave the TD in question or anyother staff employed at DTD are Prick's, but hard working individuals that have a difficult job maintaining the very high standards that the players have come to expect.
Its always easy to pull down the staff when a ruling does not go in your favour, but comments like this piss me right off!
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 12:36:20 PM »

never really understood people showing other people there hand, you had rags, so what?  I used to play at napolians in leeds and everybody showed each other their hands all the time, nothing was done about it, about time a venue took the rules of the game seriously. 

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »

Yeah soviet, you're right, it is pretty pointless tbh.

Obviously I took the punishment from the TD, but I told him how harsh I thought it was etc, had nothing against him personally...

If a few people on here think it's a fair punishment then perhaps it's less harsh than I thought at the time.

Thanks for coming on the forum to post that kim Smiley but I guess Keith's point that it could have affected the hand applies.

Ah well, I'm sure it will decrease my live etiquette mistakes from now on!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 12:50:46 PM »

Lets just be thankful that we have a venue that even bother to enforce the rules. Can't tell you how many places I've played that are too weak or too scared to even try..........
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »

Well I'm just gonna do the lobster dance

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »

Lets just be thankful that we have a venue that even bother to enforce the rules. Can't tell you how many places I've played that are too weak or too scared to even try..........

Absolutely that.

We want & need Rules to be enforced. When they are, it's no good moaning.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »

Got what I consider to be a shocking ruling last night at DTD. I've complained to several blondes about it already...Blatchley, Greekstein, EvilPie and Stu Hopkin all had a good chuckle at my expense when I told them about this...

In a hand last night, there was a limped pot with 5 players and I checked my option in the big blind. The flop came down and the under the gun limper bet out. What I thought happened was that everyone folded, and as I mucked I flashed my cards to just show I had a terrible hand. Actually though,one player had called the bet.

I apologised immediately, and they played the hand out. Neither of them complained and it didn't affect the hand in question. Admittedly it was a dumb mistake, but no-one seemed to think too much of it. However the tournament director happened to be loitering nearby, and he came over  just straight out gave me a penalty where I had to sit out (with my blinds and antes being taken) for one round of the table. At 300/600 (100) with a stack of like 11k this wasn't a great time for this to happen.

I've never seen anyone given a penalty ever, and etiquette faux pas like this happen fairly often in my experience. Not to be given some kind of warning first baffles me!

How high does this rate on your ridiculouslyharsh-o-meter??!

It does not rate on the Harsh-O-Meter James. It's a standard & correct Ruling.

It may seem a little harsh, but consider this......

Will you do it agan?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 03:10:08 PM »

If i remember right you did several similar actions in the Main Event,sort that concentration out imo.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 03:12:51 PM »

I think it's incredibly harsh for one reason only.

I've seen it done many other times at DTD and not be enforced.

Other rules often not enforced are the mobile phone rule and the passing out of turn rule. The passing out of turn is usually someone in late position who checks their cards then stands up and leaves the table.

If the TD sees it then yes it will be enforced but the dealers often do nothing.

This is the one and only gripe I have about DTD. Some of the dealers just don't seem bothered about the little rules and often seem scared to enforce them because they don't want to upset anybody.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 03:16:32 PM »

Other rules often not enforced are the mobile phone rule and the passing out of turn rule. The passing out of turn is usually someone in late position who checks their cards then stands up and leaves the table.

If the TD sees it then yes it will be enforced but the dealers often do nothing.

This is the one and only gripe I have about DTD. Some of the dealers just don't seem bothered about the little rules and often seem scared to enforce them because they don't want to upset anybody.

I hear you Matt, but that's not a reason not to enforce, rather, the opposite.

I agree as to consistency of enforcement, but knowing DTD, they'll read this Thread, & in tomorrow's weekly Meeting, & tighten up on the consistency.

I need to speak to you, by the way, on a personal matter Matt - when can I ring you?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 03:18:04 PM »

I need to speak to you, by the way, on a personal matter Matt - when can I ring you?

he'll be washing his, erm, hair.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 03:23:22 PM »

If you need someone sorting out Tikay, don't bother with Matt, give me a call.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »

I hear you Matt, but that's not a reason not to enforce, rather, the opposite.

I agree as to consistency of enforcement, but knowing DTD, they'll read this Thread, & in tomorrow's weekly Meeting, & tighten up on the consistency.

Any time after 4.30 mate.

I agree about the consistency thing. I wish every rule was enforced every time without fail. That way within a few weeks all the players would know that the club was strict and would stop doing all the naughty things.

This consistency needs to be even stricter in the festival/deepstack weekends. The club brings in a lot of outside dealers who must be made to enforce the rules in exactly the same way.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: