blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 07:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Snattys unfeasibly long and banal Vegas posts
Poll
Question: Read the unfeasibly long post and vote accordingly
Play the main event
Play half save half
Sell 50% of self and play main event
Take the money
None of the above

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Snattys unfeasibly long and banal Vegas posts  (Read 29210 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »

sell 50% mate, u are deffo good enough to charge a small premium which would get snapped up. Use the $5k to treat the family/put aside for a rainy day.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 07:31:25 PM »

Option 2

FACT

imo

We could follow his progress if you had a blog......

You mean like this one?

http://www.racingpost.com/blog/poker/

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
phatomch

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 08:00:22 PM »

sell 50% mate, u are deffo good enough to charge a small premium which would get snapped up. Use the $5k to treat the family/put aside for a rainy day.

i would sell 25-30% on here mate and swap the other 20-25% in shares over there, you can put a few k to spending over there and hopefully get a return through yourself or a saver
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

sell 500% of yourself, then whatever you do, dont cash!!!!!!

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »

sell 500% of yourself, then whatever you do, dont cash!!!!!!

Ahhh!!! the stories we could tell of people who managed to oversell and still cash........in a past life apprently they were the Turkeys who voted for Christmas

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »

suicide noun 1 the act or an instance of killing oneself deliberately, usually in the phrase commit suicide. 2 someone who deliberately kills or tries to kill himself or herself. 3 ruin or downfall, especially when it is unintentional.

Well they say pride comes before a fall. To say I played badly last night would be an understatement of galactic proportions. I was still so pumped from qualifying that I felt that king five was a reraising hand in a big blind, small blind special. It was good to get this tourney out of the way and I now have every intention of settling down to a more sedate style of play.....Still blonde G league points were gained once more for seventh place. It took play of the highest order to rescue seventh from a nailed on top three finish but on the plus side I would have to say it was great to spar with Gamblor....top bloke. Lots of other blondes there as well......its a good night is Wednesday.

So after a performance like last night what can I say other than I had better brush up my book knowledge. Todays classic quote comes from the tome that is Phil Hellmuth Jr.’s “Play Poker Like the Pro’s”. I refer specifically to page 33 and I quote.

“Phil’s Animal Types”
These are the animals: the mouse, lion, Jackal, elephant, and eagle. I have created these animals because they seem to be the most common types out there right now.”

Okay Mr. Hellmuth out where right now exactly. The most common type of animal at the comps I have played in tend to be called human beings . I digress let me continue with the quote

“The mouse is like your old aunt Edna, a conservative type who probably wouldn’t even approve of you reading this book”

Well let me tell you Phil my old mucker you obviously have not met Evil Edna from Luton. Mouse! Mouse! More like your worst bloody nightmare. With this in mind, it struck me that it would be a reasonable challenge to get a picture of Edna and go and try and find Helmuth and get him to sign it with the immortal words “You are not a mouse and I am sorry”. So this has now become challenge number one for the trip. Anybody who is in Vegas from the 2nd will need to help me locate said legend of the game and hopefully witness said exchange. He after all wouldn’t do an autograph for my son in 2006.

The piccy at the bottom is Snattys poker library and I will try and find something to enrich each of my bi daily posts between now and leaving.

So onto the poll result. It was interesting stuff and all the options and views  are valid. I am going to go for option two which would enable me to have a break in Vegas and play some poker and also play a live satellite at $1060. However I can’t ignore the large number of people who think I should sell shares in myself. So I have come up with Snats alternative staking post which will be on the staking thread. I will be selling 0.5% shares of myself for $50. Nobody will be allowed more than 0.5% and two and a half per cent has already gone. 1% to Reece. 1% to Holly who are obviously my Blonde heroes. 0.5% to Dingdell who puts up with my poker bleating. The rest of you will have to post and transfer $50 to my stars account and pm me. There are fifteen slots.

Why bother I hear you cry? Well ladies and gentlemen I believe that to have a dream is crucial regardless of your view of money. Don’t get me wrong .I like money. I like dreaming more. If I manage to qualify for the ticket then the ticket will be played and your share will roll over to any prize money that I might win in the main event. All other monies are solely mine, after all fat bald men are much sort after for image rights. I thought it might be a nice cheap way of getting a few of you to have some fun supporting me during my trip........

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »

I'm somewhat confused by that phil.

I'm reading it as the following

you're selling 17x$50 shares=$750

you're using the $750 to enter a $1060 sat for ME

if you win a seat then you'll play the ME and those shares will be worth a total of 8.5%

or do I have it wrong and you're selling 8.5% and playing the ME whether you win a sat or not?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2009, 12:01:40 PM »

if you win a seat then you'll play the ME and those shares will be worth a total of 8.5%

or do I have it wrong and you're selling 8.5% and playing the ME whether you win a sat or not?

You are quite right my numbers are wrong........I really need to engage brain before opening mouth.........$5 it is.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »

lol...you idiot...how could you even think this.

[ ] I wasn't going to pay 50$ as I read it properly
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:13:43 PM by boldie » Logged

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 12:08:02 PM »

You are quite right my numbers are wrong........I really need to engage brain before opening mouth.........$5 it is.

lol. it did look like the worst value staking post ever. I'm  loving the number of people who were going to pay it anyway, I'm gonna add basic maths to the basic logic lessons I'm running at the blondebash

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 12:10:54 PM »

obv typo lol, cleared up on both threads now.

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 12:12:03 PM »

lol. it did look like the worst value staking post ever. I'm  loving the number of people who were going to pay it anyway, I'm gonna add basic maths to the basic logic lessons I'm running at the blondebash

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 03:54:55 PM »

So I shipped $5 based on the other thread, landed over here and freaked...shipping the other $45 straight away.  Only to finish reading and find I've sent to much.     Upgrade yer coffee to a lunch or dinner and enjoy!   thumbs up

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
salfi

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2009, 10:01:27 PM »

vegas baby. il be flyin out on sunday. i have the roll to play the main event but to be honest i just dont wanta spunk 10k on 1 game. it would be a sick dream having a deep run in that game but im taking the route of spreading my wealth amongst the smaller bracelet events and lots of cash play on top of my fix of tourenys at ceasars. ive built the roll to play online and although ide love more then anything in the world to play this i just cant bring myself to play and part with the money. my mate got sponsership that has to be the best way get forced to play on someone elses stake. all the best in the event may your hands hold up and your suckouts be brutal Smiley  gl
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »

vegas baby. il be flyin out on sunday. i have the roll to play the main event but to be honest i just dont wanta spunk 10k on 1 game. it would be a sick dream having a deep run in that game but im taking the route of spreading my wealth amongst the smaller bracelet events and lots of cash play on top of my fix of tourenys at ceasars. ive built the roll to play online and although ide love more then anything in the world to play this i just cant bring myself to play and part with the money. my mate got sponsership that has to be the best way get forced to play on someone elses stake. all the best in the event may your hands hold up and your suckouts be brutal Smiley  gl

I wish you everything I wish myself..........is there a better feeling than the anticipation of a Vegas trip.....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: