blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:24:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas News - announcement by Caesars Palace.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas News - announcement by Caesars Palace.  (Read 2467 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:37:57 AM »

This was in my Inbox tonight.

CAESARS PALACE ANNOUNCES All-CASH MEGA STACK POKER TOURNAMENTS

LAS VEGAS- (June 9, 2009) – Caesars Palace has announced today a new all-cash format for its popular Mega Stack Series No-Limit Texas Hold’em poker tournaments, in progress now through July 10.   

·                                             In the new format the entire prize pool will be paid in cash.

·                                             Buy-ins for the Noon No Limit Texas Hold ‘em events are $330 (12,000 in chips) offering an optional $10 add-on for another 2,500 chips totaling 15,000 chips with 50 minute blind levels.  The Mega Stack format is distinctive for the large amount of chips associated with each buy-in. 

·                                             The new tournament blind structure, enables players to mix it up early but more importantly antes will begin with level 4 as opposed to level 6.

The above new format applies to the daily noon event only, the other Mega Stack events will not be affected. These include: $235 Turbo No Limit Hold ‘Em at 4pm, $160 nightly at 7pm and a $125 rounding out the day at 11pm.

“Talented amateurs love the Mega Stack format, where a reasonably priced buy-in can yield big cash payouts that reward not only their poker knowledge, but also key money-management skills,” says Jim Pedulla , Director of Poker for Caesars Palace .   “They enjoy the fun and excitement of big-game poker, and can spread the comparative risk over several events.”

This marks the second year the Home of Champions has offered the Mega Stack series in its expansive Poker Tournament room. 

The 2009 summer series will include a total of 36 events, ending with a $1060 3-day championship event with 2-start days beginning 7/7 and 7/8.  Last year’s Championship participation reached 1,170 players.  All players in the championship event will start with 50,000 in tournament chips; blind levels will last one hour.  Registration for any of the Mega Stack events and single-table satellites are available in the Caesars Palace Poker Room.  Gaming activity is available only to players age 21 or older.  For more information, go to caesarspalace.com, or phone 702.731.7110

In addition to its popular Mega Stack series, the 66-table Caesars Palace Poker Room annually hosts one of the richest World Series of Poker Circuit tournaments, the Caesars Poker Classic (held every autumn) and the NBC “Heads Up” Poker showdown.  In 2009, the resort debuted its first Dream Team Poker event.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 02:04:39 AM »

What's the reasoning behind $300 for 12,000 chips and a further $10 for 2,500 chips?

Blue text
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 02:06:31 AM »

What's the reasoning behind $300 for 12,000 chips and a further $10 for 2,500 chips?

To get $10 tip for the dealers up front, standard in vegas.
scottm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:09:34 AM »

This was in my Inbox tonight.

CAESARS PALACE ANNOUNCES All-CASH MEGA STACK POKER TOURNAMENTS

LAS VEGAS- (June 9, 2009) – Caesars Palace has announced today a new all-cash format for its popular Mega Stack Series No-Limit Texas Hold’em poker tournaments, in progress now through July 10.   

·                                             In the new format the entire prize pool will be paid in cash.

·                                             Buy-ins for the Noon No Limit Texas Hold ‘em events are $330 (12,000 in chips) offering an optional $10 add-on for another 2,500 chips totaling 15,000 chips with 50 minute blind levels.  The Mega Stack format is distinctive for the large amount of chips associated with each buy-in. 

·                                             The new tournament blind structure, enables players to mix it up early but more importantly antes will begin with level 4 as opposed to level 6.

The above new format applies to the daily noon event only, the other Mega Stack events will not be affected. These include: $235 Turbo No Limit Hold ‘Em at 4pm, $160 nightly at 7pm and a $125 rounding out the day at 11pm.

“Talented amateurs love the Mega Stack format, where a reasonably priced buy-in can yield big cash payouts that reward not only their poker knowledge, but also key money-management skills,” says Jim Pedulla , Director of Poker for Caesars Palace .   “They enjoy the fun and excitement of big-game poker, and can spread the comparative risk over several events.”

This marks the second year the Home of Champions has offered the Mega Stack series in its expansive Poker Tournament room. 

The 2009 summer series will include a total of 36 events, ending with a $1060 3-day championship event with 2-start days beginning 7/7 and 7/8.  Last year’s Championship participation reached 1,170 players.  All players in the championship event will start with 50,000 in tournament chips; blind levels will last one hour.  Registration for any of the Mega Stack events and single-table satellites are available in the Caesars Palace Poker Room.  Gaming activity is available only to players age 21 or older.  For more information, go to caesarspalace.com, or phone 702.731.7110

In addition to its popular Mega Stack series, the 66-table Caesars Palace Poker Room annually hosts one of the richest World Series of Poker Circuit tournaments, the Caesars Poker Classic (held every autumn) and the NBC “Heads Up” Poker showdown.  In 2009, the resort debuted its first Dream Team Poker event.

Surely that only equals 14,500 chips (12,000 + 2,500) 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 02:15:10 AM »

^^^ Must be a typo. Its standard just about everywhere to get a set number of chips for your buy in and then an additional amount as a 'dealer bonus'. Everyone takes the extra chips and the dealers make some more cash for themselves.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 05:49:56 AM »

Just  got up to find my Vegas flight is delayed for 2 hours or so. Later today I'll arrive a Caesars for a 9 day stay. The siphoning off of money to a main event seat meant I wasn't going to play these. Good timing for me as I'll lay a few of these now :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 07:20:50 AM »

Ooooooh might have to go to Caesers

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 09:30:25 AM »

Played in Caesars a couple of years ago, great card room

cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »

+1

Like Nivarna said,without the WSOP seat skimming off the top these become a lot more appealing.I will now be splitting my donkament time between Caesars and the Venetian,roll on the 23rd.

shy bairns get nowt
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 06:37:54 PM »

+1

Like Nivarna said,without the WSOP seat skimming off the top these become a lot more appealing.I will now be splitting my donkament time between Caesars and the Venetian,roll on the 23rd.

I'll be there from the 27th, working almost every day, but let's hook up in Caesars one day, yeah?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »

Caesars is a great card room when it's busy, which it is at the moment, but it's like a morgue when it's quiet.
There's no food service in operation at the moment. They has cancelled it for the duration of the WSOP.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 04:21:08 PM »

Good news, I am itching to get out and hopefully do some damage unlike last year  Smiley

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »

+1

I'll be there from the 27th, working almost every day, but let's hook up in Caesars one day, yeah?

It would be rude not to......land on the 2nd

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 04:56:25 PM »

+1

Tikay if you keep your schedule updated on your thread i'll come and introduce myself.

shy bairns get nowt
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 05:03:08 PM »

+1

Tikay if you keep your schedule updated on your thread i'll come and introduce myself.

I will, & please do.

It'll all be on my Diary shortly, once I've got this weekend's affair out of the way. I'll be staying at the Rio, but if I get chance to play any poker, it will be over at Caesars or The Venetian. I don't play at The Rio any more.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: