blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273125 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  English guy greco on final table of 1500 holdem
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: English guy greco on final table of 1500 holdem  (Read 5616 times)
DBC2007
BALLA4LIFE

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2009, 05:38:34 AM »

i thought there would maybe be a thread about it.  or do you only follow certain english guys?

live on pkr atm with 5 left

the slowroll he did was completely scummy and he shud be ashamed
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:40:32 AM by DBC2007 » Logged

DBC2007
BALLA4LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 05:41:21 AM »

4 left now

f it im of to bed.  that slowroll made me hope he loses

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 05:45:16 AM »

What slowroll did he do??

HI HELEN!
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 05:54:23 AM »

Greco Finds a Hand; Promptly Doubles
Michael Greco raised to a barely-over-the-minimum 130,000 and Pete Vilandos called him from the big blind.

Flop:     three clubs

Vilandos checked and Greco bet 200,000. Call.

Turn:  

Vilandos checked again and now Greco made it 250,000 to go -- only for Vilandos to announce all in to cover Greco. Greco now had a real decision -- he wandered off for a moment, then came back to the table and stared at Vilandos for some time.

Then he called for his last 500,000.

Vilandos:      
Greco:    

"Hold! HOOLLLLLDDD!" pleaded the Greco railers (Mr Hougaard was allowed back in at the break).

River:  

Greco doubles to over 2 million.

WTF?

DBC2007
BALLA4LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 05:59:49 AM »

as if your ever folding aces there when getting around 3/1.  just trying to suck up tv time

wtf are they not showing the other final table for.  id rather watch ivey vs mortenson and lee instead of 4 nobodys

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 06:04:52 AM »

grecos railers are the biggest clowns ever

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 06:05:53 AM »

Hardly a slowroll.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 06:07:27 AM »

Hardly a slowroll.

Nitroll.

HI HELEN!
DBC2007
BALLA4LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 06:07:33 AM »

thats jesper hougaard.  won 2 bracelets last year and staked greco into this event afaik

and lol at snoopy.  so your getting 3/1 and you would think about folding and being shortstacked?  it was a slowroll pure and simple

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 06:13:58 AM »

thats jesper hougaard.  won 2 bracelets last year and staked greco into this event afaik

and lol at snoopy.  so your getting 3/1 and you would think about folding and being shortstacked?  it was a slowroll pure and simple

Always easier from the rail. Nitroll, as Rookie said.
DBC2007
BALLA4LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 06:17:35 AM »

ROFL

you are clueless.  there is a 100% chance NOONE is folding this hand.  if you fold then you are shortstacked

therefore if you have no intension/cant fold and you take your time calling.  its a slowroll

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 06:48:34 AM »

LOL its hardly a slowroll unless your holding the abs nuts tbf.

Nitroll, but yeh obv not folding.

EDIT: Unless your balancing your slowrolling range ldo.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 07:04:18 AM »

ROFL

you are clueless.  there is a 100% chance NOONE is folding this hand.  if you fold then you are shortstacked

therefore if you have no intension/cant fold and you take your time calling.  its a slowroll

No, not clueless. And as for 100 percent, no way, especially if you've played Paul Parker. If you've played Greco, you'll know he's an absolute rock who wouldn't be (as crazy as it sounds) beyond folding this hand, so this is most likely a nitroll. I think it's worth taking into consideration that this is a WSOP final table with both a bracelet and $607,256 up for grabs. It's a pretty important hand, so I think I can forgive him for not insta-calling on this occasion. Also, as Chiprich said, he's only got a pair here with the river still to come, it's not as if he's fucking around with quads. The way the hand's played out, his opponent could have a nine. Obviously his range is wide enough to hold other cards, so from our perspective it's an easy call, but he's probably knackered, with emotions running high, so let's not begrudge him a little thought before making the call. He also might have some reads on the guy or something too. Greco don't half get a lot of grief, and some of it is probably justified when he lets his "Italian temperament" get the better of him, but at least he's one of these ex-celebrities who's given his all to the game and really worked hard to succeed. Well done I say, third place for $248,855 is a fine result, especially since he grinded a short stack for most of the tournament. Being quick to point the finger and shout "slowroll!" if someone doesn't insta-call seems to be an obsession these days.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »

ROFL

No, not clueless. And as for 100 percent, no way, especially if you've played Paul Parker. If you've played Greco, you'll know he's an absolute rock who wouldn't be (as crazy as it sounds) beyond folding this hand, so this is most likely a nitroll. I think it's worth taking into consideration that this is a WSOP final table with both a bracelet and $607,256 up for grabs. It's a pretty important hand, so I think I can forgive him for not insta-calling on this occasion. Also, as Chiprich said, he's only got a pair here with the river still to come, it's not as if he's fucking around with quads. The way the hand's played out, his opponent could have a nine. Obviously his range is wide enough to hold other cards, so from our perspective it's an easy call, but he's probably knackered, with emotions running high, so let's not begrudge him a little thought before making the call. He also might have some reads on the guy or something too. Greco don't half get a lot of grief, and some of it is probably justified when he lets his "Italian temperament" get the better of him, but at least he's one of these ex-celebrities who's given his all to the game and really worked hard to succeed. Well done I say, third place for $248,855 is a fine result, especially since he grinded a short stack for most of the tournament. Being quick to point the finger and shout "slowroll!" if someone doesn't insta-call seems to be an obsession these days.

Agree- just cos most of us would snap does not make it a slow roll

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 09:02:15 AM »

Always easier from the rail. Nitroll, as Rookie said.
+1

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: