blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  US Open Golf
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Open Golf  (Read 3190 times)
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 07:12:21 PM »

No more golf today.....sigh

Bloody rain
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 02:24:11 AM »

£660 on Woods at a little worse than 11/4. I expect him to win., i've inly had two bets. my only other bet is Furyk (small)
bigusdikus

i often doubt my own sincerity

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 09:47:10 AM »

for what its worth, i backed tiger. gonna have a touch e/w on harrington. he's out of form but loves the big one's
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 10:16:10 AM »

for what its worth, i backed tiger. gonna have a touch e/w on harrington. he's out of form but loves the big one's

[ ] Good shout

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »

The draw could have a huge bearing on this.

A lot of those playing this afternoon will play as many as 36 holes in good conditions as they are the late/early starters whereas most of those who started early yesterday will be playing/completing their second rounds tomorrow in weather that the forecasters say will be wet and horrible again.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »

A lot of those playing this afternoon will play as many as 36 holes in good conditions as they are the late/early starters whereas most of those who started early yesterday will be playing/completing their second rounds tomorrow in weather that the forecasters say will be wet and horrible again.

In this kind of situation wouldn't it make sense to send out the early starters first again for their 2nd round, given surely the whole point of this system is to so everyone get a morning and afternoon start. Whereas now we have people with two morning starts and other playing 36 holes in a day.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 07:33:32 PM »

In this kind of situation wouldn't it make sense to send out the early starters first again for their 2nd round, given surely the whole point of this system is to so everyone get a morning and afternoon start. Whereas now we have people with two morning starts and other playing 36 holes in a day.

It just doesn't work that way, the draw has been made and after that if there is a delay the order of play is unaffected, well kind of if you see what I mean. If you have an late/early draw you still go off early for the second round whenever it happens to start.

seven2unsuited

josepebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »

Got bets on Villegas at 60's and Gay at 80's.
ad010

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 11:48:30 PM »

was going to put a lump on tiger  (could,nt see past him even at that price) but thought i,d hold off for 1st round and maybe get a better price, but wtf the bookies must have lost a fortune on him,at the time of posting this he,s 10 shots behing the leader weir and 2nd fav at 11/2 (best price) weir 5/1.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »

the weather has entirely screwed my bets, everyone i needed to do well went out in the rain and vice versa. Apart from tiger as my roundly mocked 'tiger not to win a major in 2009' bet has a good chance of surviving.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »

Tiger can't really blame the weather for where he is, he shot 4 over for 5 holes in the best of the conditions yesterday. I can't see him pulling this back. I will be lumping on him to win our Open though.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 08:23:19 PM »

Hasn't Westwood done well?

-2 from the wrong side of the draw

they reckon the weather/luck of the draw accounts for a five shot swing depending which half you are in

v tricky punting conditions

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »

Westwood has done pretty good the last few majors.  Only just missed out on this event last year.   Hoping he wins a big one before he retires.

Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 12:37:29 AM »

Westwood has done pretty good the last few majors.  Only just missed out on this event last year.   Hoping he wins a big one before he retires.

+1. I would love to see him have a good run here.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 01:43:12 AM »

Tiger can't really blame the weather for where he is, he shot 4 over for 5 holes in the best of the conditions yesterday. I can't see him pulling this back. I will be lumping on him to win our Open though.

Me too
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: