blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 03:01:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272989 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Blog  (Read 15932 times)
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2009, 05:28:24 AM »

Suppose I got a few days to update here, so I will try and remember the best and worst bits.

After recently crushing the 5/10 cash games the natural thing happened and its something I really need to work on.  The two days that saw me crush the game and make virtually every correct play made me over confident and think that I was too good for the game.  I sat down day before yesterday with $5k and after an hour or so was up to $5.6k and was going great.  Sadly I then took one bad beat and then decided to try and win every pot I enetered.  I believed I was the best player at the table and simply played awfully bad.  Every bluff I made was silly and the guys simply werent folding.  After another hour or so I was down to 2.5k and I new I was playing badly.  I thought to myself I should get up and come back another day, but did I?  Hell no.  I thought I would just sit tight,, go back to playing properly and all the money would come flying back.  So about 5 hands later I tried bluffing another guf off AK on an ace high flop and quickly spunked the lot.  I litrally bluffed off $5k without seeing a good hand and played like an absolute tit.

Thankfully I didnt reload and decided to have an early night as I was playing the dream team event at the Rio the next day.

The dream team event seemed a great idea.  3 players to a team with the prize pool split 2/3 to the team side and 1/3 to the individual pool.  Things were going well and I had a really soft table.  I had one guy who thought he could play until I called his bluff on the river with Queen high which was good.  Sadly I then made a call for half my stack which I didnt need to make.  I was ahead at the time but only just and he hit one of his many outs and then left me short.  Im not too sure how Eck or Steph got on but they were both around average chips with but both had about average chips with around 130 left from the 390 that started.

Today got up and went back to the 5/10 game determined to play a solid game and try to earn back my money that I spunked.  I managed to walk away with $6.2k after buying in for $3k although I did hit a peak of $7.8k.  The game is pretty soft and most of the players and very predictable and play a lot of hands face up.  Im not sure if they players are bad or if I have just found another level in my game out here but I seriously believe I have had much tough tables at the DTD 3-2-1 events than the 5/10 cash games out here.

Tomorrow im off shopping to pick up a few things for a few friends back home and then Wednesday probably going out with the blackbelt crew for a last night in Vegas combined with Jerome Bradpiece's birthday, so looking fwd to that.
salfi

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »

grrr missed jeromes birthday that wudda been a blast. all the vegas 8 guys were fun to be around i enjoyed the bbq at the house even though it rained briefly
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: