blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 04:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272990 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Blog  (Read 15935 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2009, 10:05:40 AM »

Good to meet you Neil, I had a look at that prop bet thread comical. Good luck for the rest of the trip mate, win mad ones!

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2009, 11:26:12 PM »

Good to meet you Neil, I had a look at that prop bet thread comical. Good luck for the rest of the trip mate, win mad ones!
and u mate, always nice to put a name to a forum post
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »

Last nigth I went for a uiet nioght at the 2/5 at MGM again and went with the thought of leaving early so I could get up and play the 550 at Venetian.  Well I left $2.5k up but not will 6 am and therefore slept through till 4 pm, oh well not to worry with the venetian.  One hand stood out for me: -

Been straddled and over active player raises to 50, guy who has been going at it with him all night flats; standard, I flat with 88 and straddle calls too, so 207 in the pot.  Flops comes 872 rainbow.  Over active guy goes all in for around 500, next guy snap calls for 450 off it, I find it in me somehow to call and the straddle who had checked folds 22 face up.  9 on turn and J on river, sees me scooping the lot vs AA and KK.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Got up today a tad late but still went down to the venetian and caught up with Julian who was struggling but still in at the late stages, also caught up with Rich Hawes.  He made the blackbelt team and was good to catch up with him as havent seen many of the blackbelt guys since ive been here.  I then decided that I would give 5/10 a go at the venetian.  I was actually a little nervous as i had never played that high stakes before and for me it seemed a little daunting but I had found the 2/5 very soft so far so wanted to see what it was like.  Well, lets just say, its as soft as the 2/5.  I sat down with 2900 and after 5 hours play walked way 1300 up without really playing too much.  I played pretty much ABC stuff, raised in posistion and continuation bet most fo time and took most of pots down pretty easy.  Was only in two tough spots throughout the night and for something that I thought was going to be full of good players, I was a little surprised.

I think thats the real difference between back home and Vegas.  The average and bad player in Vegas will play for much bigger stakes than they will back home.  Seriously, I have seen better and more knowledgable players playing 50p/£1 at DTD than the 2/5 and some 5/10 players over here.

Ive just registered for the $550 at Venetian tomorrow so will be up early for that and will hopefully get a result; if not well ill be back on the 5/10 game.

One comical thing from tonight; I saw Eck and Steph playing the 2/5 game at Venetian.  I have agreed to play the dream team poker with them.  As I wondering out the game I went over for a quick chat and got to the table as Steph has made a $20 raise and Eck was counting out a $100 re raise, and I dont think Eck saw me.  Steph and I had a quick chat while Eck was counting his chips for the raise and Steph told me he has aces, he was gonna ship it for Eck's remaining $1100 and that Eck would call.

So ...... Eck re raises to $100, Steph ships the lot for $1100 more or so, Eck snaps and flips KK and Steph's AA holds.  All very comical - will be anice atmosphere in their room tonight.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »

One comical thing from tonight; I saw Eck and Steph playing the 2/5 game at Venetian.  I have agreed to play the dream team poker with them.  As I wondering out the game I went over for a quick chat and got to the table as Steph has made a $20 raise and Eck was counting out a $100 re raise, and I dont think Eck saw me.  Steph and I had a quick chat while Eck was counting his chips for the raise and Steph told me he has aces, he was gonna ship it for Eck's remaining $1100 and that Eck would call.

So ...... Eck re raises to $100, Steph ships the lot for $1100 more or so, Eck snaps and flips KK and Steph's AA holds.  All very comical - will be anice atmosphere in their room tonight.

I am currently cleaning his blood from the floor however i did have the last laugh............
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »

do tell ...
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2009, 12:25:33 PM »

do tell ...

+1 and nice to see ur cleaning up blatch, keep it up.
810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »

n1 neil keep it goin dude

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2009, 04:35:49 PM »

Mbn to be you neil!
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2009, 07:39:23 PM »

Oh my lol

Try to look after them Blatch they were in a right mess the other night when I was out with them - well Steph was!!

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2009, 06:08:55 AM »

Just been up to the rio to check on the boys and its generally good news.  Team Blackbelt still has 5 runners in with 1017 left, Nik Persaud has around 60k and playing the short stack well.  Channing keeps popping his head up and dissappearing off again.  James Akenhead currently is 5th in chips with over 700k in chips Smiley

JUst to prove thats its not nice to be me, playing 5/10 at Rio again today because obviously the board pairs on the river in the comp when I have the made straight vs set with all the money going in on the turn.  Had the following hand at the cash game: -

I raise UTG +2 with AK off
Tight player in SB re raises to 130, I flat.

Flop AA3 with two hearts. Check check.

Turn black 8, he bets 200, I pop to 480, he calls

River Ace.  He fires 1300 and I find the call holding quads somehow.  He says I got your queens beat and I reply with "Is wuads any good though?"

GG NH and all that.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2009, 10:21:44 AM »

It's not just me that you run good against then...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2009, 02:14:44 PM »

Steph came 25th in the deepstack at the venetian so you will get your 10% at the bar; don't know if that stretches to a double tho   Cheesy
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2009, 02:17:08 PM »

Good to hear you're still running like god blatch.

Sounded like u slowrolled him from that last story!?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »

Should have but didnt
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2009, 10:17:31 PM »

Should have but didnt

lol I'll never forget the time you slow rolled that bloke at dtd.

Can't remember the action but I think Neil checks river oop on a 3 spade, 9 high board. The guy checks right behind him.

Guy states "Kings" Neil nods his head and motions for the guy to show his cards. Obv guy thinks he's won and shows his kings. Neil then slowly turns over nut flush.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: