blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 07:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272987 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Blog  (Read 15927 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 09:16:52 PM »

Im absoutly gutted, especially seeing as a major darts comp is here in two weeks.  Had visions of me traing from the crowd and having a 5 sec advantage on everyone trading in the Uk.  Bye bye dreams of being a millionaire Sad

On a better note I went to play the 2/5 game at MGM last night and its a nice mix of soft and solid players.  Got chatting to a young local pro who told me that the $1500 limit shootout today is the softest bracelet event there is and I should play it.  I agreed I would if I made $1500 at the cash that night.  After a nice heater im now playing the shootout event in 4 hours time after making $1750 in the session.  Yes im free rolling it but the problem I dont actually know the rules of limit poker.  Oh well will be comical to play and I only have to beat 9 others apparently and then another 9 and then im final table.

Off to chill by the pool for a couple of hours and then going Bracelet hunting, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cliff notes:

- first two streets are bet at lower limit (pre flop and flop)
-turn and river at higher limits

So (i think this is right)

If blinds are 25/50 you can bet 50 and only 50 pre and on the flop

You can bet 100 and only 100 on turn and river

Betting is capped on the forth bet on each street

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 10:11:18 PM »

Im absoutly gutted, especially seeing as a major darts comp is here in two weeks.  Had visions of me traing from the crowd and having a 5 sec advantage on everyone trading in the Uk.  Bye bye dreams of being a millionaire Sad

On a better note I went to play the 2/5 game at MGM last night and its a nice mix of soft and solid players.  Got chatting to a young local pro who told me that the $1500 limit shootout today is the softest bracelet event there is and I should play it.  I agreed I would if I made $1500 at the cash that night.  After a nice heater im now playing the shootout event in 4 hours time after making $1750 in the session.  Yes im free rolling it but the problem I dont actually know the rules of limit poker.  Oh well will be comical to play and I only have to beat 9 others apparently and then another 9 and then im final table.

Off to chill by the pool for a couple of hours and then going Bracelet hunting, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cliff notes:

Well if I dont win ill find Cliff and have words with him
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 10:53:17 PM »

Good luck Blatch! Bring home some bling Smiley
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 10:58:01 PM »

Cliff notes:

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain if your HU there is no cap on the betting.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:30 PM »

Dunno bout HU! Knowing Neil he will need to know the rules HU Wink

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 11:12:53 PM »

Cliff notes:

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain if your HU there is no cap on the betting.

Yes thats true.  Also 3 bet a lot from the button and co and avoid being 3 bet by other ppl when they are in the btn and co and ul do fine.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »

Dunno bout HU! Knowing Neil he will need to know the rules HU Wink

Three rules for winning at LHE

1. Isolate
2. Isolate
3. Isolate

I started my poker life as a limit holdem player and that's the one bit of advice I'd give if nothing else. Applies particularly against the fishy players obv.
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 11:17:11 PM »

Good luck Neil, I really hope you ship something but if not have a great time.

(you may know me as WASP)

810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 04:06:26 AM »

gl blatch, prolly get a lesson on limit dude!

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 08:29:49 AM »

Sadly im back in my room now and basically what vsick fuck invented limit "poker", or should it be called Limit "Who hits the most cards"?

I did actually really enjoy it and I think I had a pretty soft table really.  There were 540 registered and so we played 8 or 9 handed with 64 going through and all 64 cashing for $4.3k.  I busted in 3rd and think with a bit more experience of limit I would have won it.  I made some schoolboy errors in the early levels that I managed to work out by about level 3 or so.  What I really enjoyed was trying to figure out a new game and improving on my errors.

I staretd off in the first level playing a few small pots and started off well getting up to 5k after 15 misn from a 4.5k hand.  I then had Aces busted by a flush draw chaser which got there on the river.  I then found 77 in the cut off and raised, got re raised by a tight player on the button, I flatted after a call in the BB too.  I loved the 7 flopping and check called a bet from the button.  The gorgeous case 7 then popped up on the turn and I checked raised and still pick up two callers.  A flush draw filled on the river and I led into the Button and still got 2 callers. 

Would limit players check raise there??

Going into the final 5 I had 7k or so and was 3rd in chips when the problem hand came.  I raised with 10 5 on button and got called in the SB.  I managed to flop an up n down straight flush draw flush draw and got looked up by 33 all the way including the river.  Pretty sick and frustrating having 3 million outs and not hitting one.  Sadly that hand left me with 50 chips with blinds at 300/600.  I did then win the next 3 hands, with 55, then Q8 twice, first floipping two pair and then next top pair.  Sadly my J5 on a J high flop was no good against KJ.

All in all a very entertaining comp but doubt ill ever play it out unless it is the shootout next year.

Off to bed now as a chilled day tomorrow before my first big comp of the $3k triple chance on Sunday.  Also the sky poker crew arrive here tomorrow and they want to do a lot of filming of me in Vegas and at the tables so I may have to get some of that done too.

Oh yeah .... almost forgot!!  Went to pick up my Full Tilt stuff and got a hat, one shirt, one top thingy and a t shirt and thats it.  Wasnt overly happy really and the stuff really isnt that good either but oh well.

Good news is I saw Steve Jelenik at the Omaha High Low and is he down to the final 22 and going well.  He told me the only pot he had won in the last 4 hours was against Hellmuth and while he was scooping the chips Hellmuth went to town until the guy next to Steve gave Hellmuth the rub down Smiley
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »

Enjoying the write ups, Keep um up and good luck out there.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »

Jelly neck 5/10 atm.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »

jsut mask ur IP address

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 06:39:19 PM »

jsut mask ur IP address

tried that and stil doesnt work
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 06:42:09 PM »

Apologies if I'm being thick here but what is the triple-chance ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: