blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:19:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272629 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Simon Trumper WSOP=E £1000 NL SOLD OUT / £5000 PLO SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simon Trumper WSOP=E £1000 NL SOLD OUT / £5000 PLO SOLD OUT  (Read 9643 times)
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 12:14:29 AM »

Knocked out level 6 !

Table included James Sudworth who was liberally raising in the first two levels and outplayed me one hand.

In the first level won one pot with nut flush on paired board , reached peak of 3600 . Called 75 in SB with 5 way action with KTs , flop was   , bet 150 and James who was preflop raiser made it 425 , called assuming he may have the AK intending to represent flush or check raise if T came but checked  the  turn and he bet 525 , folded and he flipped over     two hearts , marvellous .

After 3 hours 40 minutes had stole two pots and folded my AQs to a 4 bet , left it to AK and TT , naturally a Q flopped lol. Then got first pair   , raised 450 into James BB who was getting a massage and for first time all night folded ! He then took a few hits and dropped to similar chips as me going all in when i had my second pair of the night   in SB , i folded .

Eventually in level 6 i went all in for 1225 with   and James called all in 725 with 33 and i won the race.

One round later UTG raised to  450 and i found   and  rr 1450 all in , he called the extra 1000 with K Jo , pot was 3425 , flop Q J 8 J 9 and that was it !

Thanks to my backers in this event but 112 out of 314 was not what i was aiming for , will try to do a lot better in the PLO  , i bought in today and will be on table 13 seat 6.

Cheers

ACES
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:46:46 AM by ACES » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »

Thanks Simon.

Sounds like "one of those days".

Good Luck in the Omaha.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »

Good luck Siiiiiiiiiiiiiimon Taaaaaaaaaarumpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 03:36:40 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH !

That feels better , i was reminded today why i no longer miss the circuit , months of constantly believing in yourself only to either play bad or miss every draw or get outdrawn.

I started with what looked like a great table , i only knew Tony G seat 9 and Annette in seat 2 , i was in 6. One player in 8 had already lost 8850 of his first 10,000 so when i limped with AKT9 and he raised to 450 and both blinds called i decided to play aggressively and get it heads up reraising to 1800 , he called his 1150 total but so did the blinds .

Flop was A Q 4 , sb checked as i thought did the bb but when i announced pot Tony G asked the dealer whose action it was and in fact the bb was still thinking , he eventually bet a very weak 1200 into 6550 , i called with top pair and the gutshot and the sb called too , pot was already over 10,000 and we were only in the first level !

Turn was an 8 giving me the nut flush draw , both blinds checked and short of an all in i didn't think a bet would shift them so took the free card , at this point Tony G declared 77 would win this hand , river was a K and now the sb bet out 2500 , both of us folded and he had stolen the side pot with 77 while my two pair would have scooped it all , marvellous ! Tony of course took the credit saying his comment had induced the bluff !

My next pot was KQ9Tds with 3 way action after Tony had raised , flop was A Q J giving me the nuts , sb bet , i flat called and Tony raised pot , sb reraised all in  , i called sure he was drawing , Tony folded and the sb hand was top set with a flush draw actually making him favourite , turn was a 5 but river a J for his full house and i needed my double chance , not an ideal start , would you guys have folded in this situation ?  i have done before in cash games.

The other player who had been all in on the first hand i played now took his extra 10,000 after calling a preflop Tony G raise and when the flop was all diamonds and Tony be out 3500 , he called with just AA no draw !!!! Tony had the J flush If i could only get chips.

Eventually we clashed , i called a raise again from Tony in the BB knowing our hero would also call having limped, i had JJ87ds , flop was 8 8 T , i checked to the standard continuation bet expected from Tony but it didn't come , turn was a 5 , i now bet pot 1800 and our hero called , river was a 9 giving me a straight but also a flush and that was exactly what he had called for on the turn with his J9 of clubs !

I finally found a real hand KKQTds , after Tony raised and a Norwegian made it 1500 i called utg and Tony folded , flop was 9 high all diamonds , no good for my hearts and clubs and i had to fold to his 1/2 pot bet.

The last hand of level 2 i was in the BB , utg limped for 200 , my hero was all in for 600 , 3 called the 600 as did the utg out of turn , i had KQ82ss and could fold leaving 3800 for the 150 300 level or call 400 into 3200 and hope to hit a flop , again , what would you have done ?

Flop was Q 9 6 all hearts giving me a K flush , i pushed and got one caller who i hoped was going to turn over a set but no he had the nuts and i needed a miracle , i got half of it when a 2 came on the turn giving me two pair but no Q or 2 on the river and i was out.

I was feeling sick and a little shellshocked , couldn't believe i was out so quick , just 2 hours , maybe if i had laid down the nuts On the second hand i would still be there , maybe i should have fired when i flopped the trip 8's with a gutshot allthough with a J high flush draw and a straight draw there was no way my hero would have passed , maybe i was meant to go broke on the KKQTds by reraising all in preflop and maybe i should have folded the last hand even getting 8 - 1.

Sorry if my backers feel they didn't get a run for their money , it was just a bad day today and nothing seemed to go right , once again thanks to you all for the opportunity.

Cheers

ACES
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:27:30 PM by ACES » Logged

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »

And.......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »

he lost
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 03:49:58 PM »

that was that im guessing
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 03:51:13 PM »

Thought it was double chance.

Have they all gone?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 03:57:43 PM »

Sorry guys , internet cafe , ran out of time , i will edit and continue above .

Cheers

ACES

chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 10:18:07 AM »

Unlucky Simon just one of those days where whatever you do it will alll go wrong.

Ive had a simillar run all year so I know how you are feeling.

It does not matter how good you are if the cards dont fall your way..........
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »

One of those days Simon, but thanks for a decent TR.

I'm still ahead of the game (nicely in profit) in my Staking with you, so if you fance playing any more Events, I'll take my usual little % please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 03:07:34 PM »

Simon

The limp re-raise hand seemed like a great spot to rep AA on the AQ4 board with outs + back doors if it went wrong. With 7200 in the pot + the weak lead did you not think it was worth a stab?

You can't put anyone else on AA because you would've got re-popped pre. Did you just not fancy it at the time?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 03:17:59 PM »

Simon

The limp re-raise hand seemed like a great spot to rep AA on the AQ4 board with outs + back doors if it went wrong. With 7200 in the pot + the weak lead did you not think it was worth a stab?

You can't put anyone else on AA because you would've got re-popped pre. Did you just not fancy it at the time?

Ya think shove>fold>call here.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »

Simon

Yes , in hindsight i totally agree , i wasn't sure if the player had heard me say " pot " and if he had and was still betting into me i was concerned that if i made the reraise he may still call with a wrap , it was the first hand i played with no information on the styles of the players. Calling was probably the worst option.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »

Simon

Yes , in hindsight i totally agree , i wasn't sure if the player had heard me say " pot " and if he had and was still betting into me i was concerned that if i made the reraise he may still call with a wrap , it was the first hand i played with no information on the styles of the players. Calling was probably the worst option.

Doesn't the wrap only give him 4 outs? You hold one of his kings and tens and the jacks obv split it. If we assume he needs to hold KJ10 to call the shove he has 2 of his own outs leaving him with 4 to win and 3 to chop. Surely you're miles ahead and want the call?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: