blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:34:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  camel lucky?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: camel lucky?  (Read 18005 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2005, 03:05:16 AM »

after being on the starting table as the camel i realised how much respect he has in the poker world.   it was if u were on the internet and every1 had auto fold on, anyway the 8th hand i find 24os on the BB flop comes 356 jon lau bets 300 camel raises to 1200 i raise 4000 all in both call jon has 36 keith has 65 which gives 5 outs to beat me turn 9 (good) river the case 6.

WHY do the pro's always get the luck, anyway good luck to keith he is a top bloke, and congrats to gerry the local cash game dealer

at sheffield a well liked bloke and a well deserved score.

p.s why dont websites post the rebuys of players in these tourneys, it would be very beneficial for the players  to know the serial rebuy merchants,     

rick "in front" Trigg
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 04:59:20 AM »

Hi Rick,

I actually watched this hand unfold tonight at Sheffield, & it sure was a weird one.

And it is one of those freak hands where all 3 players can't really pass after the flop.

Pre-flop, holding 2-4, 3-6 & 5-6, the odds are, respectively, 31%, 29%, & 40%, give or take a few decimal places.

On the flop of 3-5-6, & in the same order, the odds are now 77%, 9% & 14%. So you were a huge favourite at that point. But that's the beauty of poker, & if your hand had held up, you'd have taken down a monster pot with 2-4! Such is poker.

By the way, Jerry, who I agree is a top bloke, was still going strong at the Semi-Final stage, but "Lucky" Keith was not so lucky, & had long busted out.

We cant publish the rebuys because they are not available to us, but, if at the venue, I guess it woud be possible to ask the manager to see the sheet. But, on the whole, we can see who the "serial rebuy merchants", as you describe them, are.

Unlucky fella, but tomorrow's another day.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 12:41:30 PM »

after being on the starting table as the camel i realised how much respect he has in the poker world. it was if u were on the internet and every1 had auto fold on, anyway the 8th hand i find 24os on the BB flop comes 356 jon lau bets 300 camel raises to 1200 i raise 4000 all in both call jon has 36 keith has 65 which gives 5 outs to beat me turn 9 (good) river the case 6.

Hi Action Man,

I can't disagree that I'm lucky. Bushy reckons the last time I lost a 50:50 shot was 1996.

But, I do think you've misremebered a very important part of this pot.

Your raise was 1800 not 4000. I was pretty sure you had flopped the straight when you moved in after all this action (at least I was confident you had me beat) but when John just called I was equally certain I had a better hand than him.

He had about 2000 left so by moving in myself I would only lose about 1000 on the hand if nothing changed on the last 2 cards and I had the chance of winning a huge pot.

If the event was a freezeout I would have acted the same way if John called your reraise.

The only difference would have occurred if John had passed. Yesterday I might have gambled and called you, in a freezeout I would probably have passed.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 12:55:50 PM »

sorry my mistake the raise wasnt 4,000 thats approx my stack before the hand started, anyway how did you bust out
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 01:08:14 PM »

I hope Tikay you have now noticed the difference between You and the Camel. You look at the odds of him winning the hand while Keith sees the opportunity of a free shot. Their are some other differences but I am sure you have noticed how

Keith attracts the opposite sex with his boyish good looks while you try to use your new found fame to attract the ladies.

He plays Q2 a lot better than you do

He waits for Isabelle to approach him....you stalk her in the car park

He eats his greens while you think vegtables are for goats......

His dress sense while not Armani is in keeping with his stature....you wear a sports jacket on TV that can only be worn by a man who has spent many years in isolation prison.

His body is a temple while you smoke.

Keith when are you getting your posters done. I want one for the wall in my office. ..Just to frighten the staff
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 01:15:34 PM »

First my shorts, & now my jacket.

I sense jealousy, awe, & much respect.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 02:57:49 PM »

Have you met my new PR man: Irishdenis?

He's expensive, but does the job well.

As for last night's comp, I lost my chips with a play so bad I shudder just thinking about it.

In fact, I'm starting to feel a bit queasy now...

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »

Even worse than your Luton exit Keith !!!!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 05:24:06 AM »

hi denis tell ged i say hi if you see him. anyluck in the freezout on friday?
Foxy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 04:08:28 AM »

The camel is no more luckey than anyone eles is, he is hard to bluff he made a great call in Luton that sticks in my mind againt Simon Nowab all in with flush and stait on the board he could only beat a bluff so it was a great read. Yes he does try to look younger than he is with that basball cap and he does drink more beer than me, but the camel is gent.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 10:49:15 AM »

The camel told me I should be scared to raise him in case he wrote somthing bad about me

I did raise him and he had AA

Exit me, lol

One born every day

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »

Unlucky trigg, can't believe camel gets it in there

sola virtus nobilitat
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 02:37:22 PM »

Unlucky trigg, can't believe camel gets it in there

Tongue

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »

Excellent bumpage Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 04:21:36 PM »

Why didn't "in front" Trigg catch on?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: