blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GUPKT Luton ME %'s
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUPKT Luton ME %'s  (Read 14121 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2009, 05:53:15 PM »

What are the rules on calling someone a turksandwich, Tikay?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2009, 05:54:04 PM »

You can call them a turkeysandwich, but not a ploughman's.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »

A post to add a little bit of balance, I suppose.

Share a cash table with Alan regularly, at DTD.
Always find him very good company, and he is someone who doesn't take himself too seriously, and takes any banter directed at him in good part.

I obv wasn't at Luton, but if he called the king in, I would be fairly certain he didn't do it with any malice, or personal offence, intended.

Ditto this.  In fact, he's more than welcome at my table.  As are your two pair Neil to my flush Wink

Couldn't disagree more. Apart from the fact he's tez and easy money he's a nightmare when losing.

A nightmare, why?  You mean when you're losing?  If he upsets you at a cash game, then you have underlying problems imo.

No I didn't mean that. You should know I don't lose at live cash games anyway.

One time I call his SB raise with J10 and we see an 8910 flop so I check raise all in and he snaps with KK. Obviously I put it in his eye and he didn't stfu for about 10 mins going on about how I went all in with just a pair of tens. Literally trying to rub me down infront of the whole table (when I won the pot!?) until I had to politely tell him he's not so good and what I do with my money is my business.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

Always find him very good company, and he is someone who doesn't take himself too seriously, and takes any banter directed at him in good part.

I obv wasn't at Luton, but if he called the king in, I would be fairly certain he didn't do it with any malice, or personal offence, intended.

Ditto this.  In fact, he's more than welcome at my table.  As are your two pair Neil to my flush Wink

Couldn't disagree more. Apart from the fact he's tez and easy money he's a nightmare when losing.

A nightmare, why?  You mean when you're losing?  If he upsets you at a cash game, then you have underlying problems imo.

Of course Wink

One time I call his SB raise with J10 and we see an 8910 flop so I check raise all in and he snaps with KK. Obviously I put it in his eye and he didn't stfu for about 10 mins going on about how I went all in with just a pair of tens. Literally trying to rub me down infront of the whole table (when I won the pot!?) until I had to politely tell him he's not so good and what I do with my money is my business.

Luckbox.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »

Ditto this.  In fact, he's more than welcome at my table.  As are your two pair Neil to my flush Wink

A nightmare, why?  You mean when you're losing?  If he upsets you at a cash game, then you have underlying problems imo.

Thinly veiled I run good brag
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »

I need to consult the RuleBook on that one, but I think any type of sandwich is fine.

But not a BLT, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »

Thinly veiled I run good brag

I sure ******* do.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2009, 06:09:40 PM »

This, he's ok actually, never seen him do that before and am surprised.........
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »

Rich say something next time. If he did do that it's bad form!!!

Personally I think Stearn is hiliarious- love winding him up at the tables! I remember once we played "slow roll Alan" at a dtd cash game- think teh table managed to get at least 3 slow rolls in

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »

Personally I think Stearn is hiliarious- love winding him up at the tables! I remember once we played "slow roll Alan" at a dtd cash game- think teh table managed to get at least 3 slow rolls in

Those were the days Smiley
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »

Those were the days Smiley

Ah the memories. Haven't laughed that much in ages.

Alan took it all in good spirit tbf.

I genuinely don't think he means to upset anyone. He just gets over excited and I'm guessing nobody's ever told him that what he's doing might upset some people.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »

Last night in the £1/2 game at DTD, I shared a table with Alan Stern.

I ribbed him mercilessly (As I usually do) but he took it all in good part and gave as good as he got.

At some point, it occurred to me that he looks a bit like Shakespeare, and I said so. Then as we played, people would come out with things like..

An ace, an ace, my kingdom for an ace...

"Two threes or not two threes.... That is the question"

"Now is the river of our discontent"

And my favorite...

"He should be bard"

Click to see full-size image.

He told me about the time he lived with a Russian prostitute who used to shout "You are my master!" during sex. He told me he loved it. I told him he was the shallowest person I have ever met. (Which is probably true) He thought it was a compliment, and laughed uproariously when I explained that it wasn't.

At one point I laughed so much that I accidentally spit on Alan's bald head, prompting him to say, "Don't worry, it just washes over me"

It was such a fun game. The players and floor staff were in stitches all night.

Yes, he can be a bit of a prat, (but then can't we all).

Let he who is without sin and all that.

The older I get, the better I was.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »

? ................ cast the first turksandwich?Huh???

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2009, 07:11:27 PM »

Last night in the £1/2 game at DTD, I shared a table with Alan Stern.

I ribbed him mercilessly (As I usually do) but he took it all in good part and gave as good as he got.

At some point, it occurred to me that he looks a bit like Shakespeare, and I said so. Then as we played, people would come out with things like..

An ace, an ace, my kingdom for an ace...

"Two threes or not two threes.... That is the question"

"Now is the river of our discontent"

And my favorite...

"He should be bard"

Click to see full-size image.

He told me about the time he lived with a Russian prostitute who used to shout "You are my master!" during sex. He told me he loved it. I told him he was the shallowest person I have ever met. (Which is probably true) He thought it was a compliment, and laughed uproariously when I explained that it wasn't.

At one point I laughed so much that I accidentally spit on Alan's bald head, prompting him to say, "Don't worry, it just washes over me"

It was such a fun game. The players and floor staff were in stitches all night.

Yes, he can be a bit of a prat, (but then can't we all).

mods remove all those posts and leave this one with the most offensive pic I've seen on blonde!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2009, 09:56:07 PM »

I have underlying problems

Definately

Had an even better guy last Friday, Cos and Matt met him to.

Unbelievable

Dont know his name or anything, but had to be the most miserable moaning bloke ive ever met. To bring it into context, he actually did a rubdown dance in a guys face when he binked a flip. The dealers were goading me to knock him out, literally. I didnt obv, but i did enjoy standing up and announcing he had to be the happiest man i had ever met, just full of joy.

Exactly the same thing though. He didnt have a clue. He didnt intend to upset anyone, but he upset at least 30 people that evening.

Cos made a very good point the day after when I was moaning about Tasos. I binked a set on the turn after he reraised me with two pair on the flop.
When he saw my hand he threw his cards at the dealer in disgust.

Cos's point was that we are very lucky to have somewhere like this to learn whats right and wrong at the poker table.

Although most of its common sense, someone like Alan doesnt come on here and learn whats right and wrong. Maybe he doesnt care, but as said he probs is a nice bloke and the last thing he is trying to do is upset people.

Unlike the guy who told Simon Lee he made a shit call, people like that just shouldnt be aloud to play breathe.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: