blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Hello Everybody, Long time no see - er can I have some money??? (For Charity!)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello Everybody, Long time no see - er can I have some money??? (For Charity!)  (Read 886 times)
jjandellis
« on: August 27, 2009, 01:57:52 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick line to let u all know I am well. I hope everything is good with u all 2 and that the cards are falling right n the money is rolling in!

Could I please get u all to have a look at my justgiving link in aid of the Army Benevolent Fund:
www.justgiving.com/40-MC-SQN-24-REGT-RLC

A little bit about what we are doing...

The IMSM is a ‘High Perfromance March’ competition open to military teams from across NATO. The inaugral event will host approximately 175 competitors from Germany, Britain, France, Holland, Belgium, Sweden and Denmark. The IMSM is divided down into categories of 20, 25, 30 and 50 km distances. Each competition is ‘an individual best effort’ – not a team event.

The IMSM is based on a circuit of Mohnesee Lake. This is a panoramic view of the course. Although the course is relatively flat, the forecasted high temperatures and the fact that the individuals are racing (with weight) should serve to make it a tough proposition for competitors. All competitors will be dressed in issued military equipment, wearing boots and carrying webbing/daysack weighing 10 kgs (plus water).

40 MC Sqn personnel aim to win each sub category of the IMSM. The event will see personnel cover 475 km in approximately 8 hours. Individuals are entered into events as follows:

50 km – 2Lt Michael Ford, SSgt Cammy Campbell, Sgt Lee Mulligan & Pte Jack Wallbanks.
30 km – 2Lt Jordan Town, Sgt Liam Walsh, Cpl Pete Wylie & LCpl Al Whitehurst.
25 km – Cpl Tim Woodward, LCpl Jonni Thompson & Pte Adam Farrington.
20 km – WO2 Andy Townsend, Sgt Jon Bingham, LCpl Mo Morrison & Pte Nikki Capner.

About us: 40 Movement Control Squadron RLC is part of 24 RegimentRoyal Logistic Corps, based in Bielefeld, Germany.  This is one of several charity events we are undertaking prior to deploying to Afghanistan in Dec 09.

History of Moehnesee: The Moehnesee Dam is well known as one of the dams targetted by 617 Dambusters Sqn during WW2. Ex GIBSON GAZELLE is named after the leader of the raid, Wing Commander Guy Gibson (the Gazelle is our logo). More detailed history can be found here.

We are raising money for the Army Benevolent Fund. It is the British Army's national charity. The charity provides financial and practical support to soldiers, former soldiers, and their families in times of need. The ABF works with Regimental and Corps Associations and other Service charities. They identify and investigate eligible cases in "real need", and provide them with financial support. Dependent on voluntary donations, the ABF must currently raise around £5.5 million each year to continue its vital work with members of the British Army Family. The Charity works with regimental charities and acts when further help is need that they cannot provide.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: