blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:53:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272777 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  DTD £300 hand from this weekend.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 hand from this weekend.  (Read 2129 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 11:15:09 PM »

OK...I have moved to a new table and the player in question Marc Wright hasn't seen me all tourney.  I am in BB with 240k he is in CO with 520k

It's folded to him and he makes it 18.5k at 4k/8k/800, folds to me, I choose to flat call.  He has raised with  Two Clubs

Flop... two spades

Check check

Turn...  I lead out for 26.5k he flat calls

River...  I fire again this time 65k into 100k give or take

He dwells for 90 seconds and calls sheepishly...what would you put me on here? I will reveal shortly, just curious...

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
W4SP

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 11:20:02 PM »

Interesting in reality I had  for a big fat busted nothing...I was trying to represent  or something similar but after the hand I felt the 65k didn't sit right with a 9 in my hand, I'm more likely to check to him as he is known to be aggressive

Just looking for other opinions really, myself and a couple of decent players (I like to think I know what I'm doing) discussed this and the reads came back as JT and 56 :-s not sure about that 1 myself!

I found myself asking why cant I just fold pre, but it's easy after the event, I had made a decent profit from similar plays throughout

2012 Poker Goals

[ ] satellite into GUKPT Luton
[ ] win GUKPT Luton
[ ] give up job and go to WSOP
[ ] Never return to Sovereign Poker, Farnborough
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 11:33:40 PM »

wtf!

both hands make me wanna quit online and just play live poker!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 11:39:12 PM »

Interesting in reality I had   for a big fat busted nothing...I was trying to represent   or something similar but after the hand I felt the 65k didn't sit right with a 9 in my hand, I'm more likely to check to him as he is known to be aggressive

Just looking for other opinions really, myself and a couple of decent players (I like to think I know what I'm doing) discussed this and the reads came back as JT and 56 :-s not sure about that 1 myself!

I found myself asking why cant I just fold pre, but it's easy after the event, I had made a decent profit from similar plays throughout

How do you represent 9-10 specifically in the suit of diamonds? Would you ever river v-bet a Q, 5 or indeed any other 1 pair hand into aggro villain who could jam into a massive pot? The action makes you look like nuts or air and we can rule out Q-Q, 9-9 and prob 2-2. So you are representing a very thin range of hands.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
W4SP

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »

Interesting in reality I had   for a big fat busted nothing...I was trying to represent   or something similar but after the hand I felt the 65k didn't sit right with a 9 in my hand, I'm more likely to check to him as he is known to be aggressive

How do you represent 9-10 specifically in the suit of diamonds? Would you ever river v-bet a Q, 5 or indeed any other 1 pair hand into aggro villain who could jam into a massive pot? The action makes you look like nuts or air and we can rule out Q-Q, 9-9 and prob 2-2. So you are representing a very thin range of hands.

Sorry I wasnt specifically meaning 9Td but 9T was about the only hand I can think of that was logical...I would (and did) v-bet a Q8 and the like but the check on the flop made that sort of holding less likely IMO...good to get different opinions, I wasnt happy with the hand..obviously, and the more I thought about it the more it bothered me

2012 Poker Goals

[ ] win GUKPT Luton
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »

Sorry I wasnt specifically meaning 9Td but 9T was about the only hand I can think of that was logical...I would (and did) v-bet a Q8 and the like but the check on the flop made that sort of holding less likely IMO...good to get different opinions, I wasnt happy with the hand..obviously, and the more I thought about it the more it bothered me

Oh ok. Well if upon reflection your actions lead you to conclude you're only really representing one single hand you can see why you were called.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

W4SP

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 11:52:36 PM »

Sadly yes...Qx and others are possible and were in my mind but if I was in his seat 9T would be the hand I'd worry about...do you make the call with A2?

2012 Poker Goals

[ ] win GUKPT Luton
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »

wtf!

both hands make me wanna quit online and just play live poker!

yer i concur. also, villain tank call is a slowroll of the highest order.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 12:00:57 AM »

Sadly yes...Qx and others are possible and were in my mind but if I was in his seat 9T would be the hand I'd worry about...do you make the call with A2?

Yes you have 7-8. But before you see him make a call like this would you really v-bet a weak one pair into 100k cos what worse hand do you think calls?

salfi

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 12:42:07 AM »

a few different factors weigh in here as to if u can shove aj proffitably over an open . 1st what is the range of him raising then folding ?  what is the range of him raising then calling? what is the range of the people to act behind flattin your shove?  villain shudnt be raise folding much here but i know live opponents love to do that. i think in reflection its not the worst play in the world if he is loose as u have blockers for live opponents raise calling range. u might get some people to lay down pp and u might get some people to call of with a worse ace or kj type hand with his stack at this stage so u really need to know opponents ranges otherwise u just put him on a range by guessing what the average joe would do in the spot . at this point of the tourney ide try chip up.  if u tell me villains raise/folding range and raise/calling range then i can work it out maths wise so it gives a more clearer picture of the math braking point of proffit/loss of chips in this hand.  
anyway in an nutshell as always it depends but shoving over a loose raise folder here is never that bad if he folds some better hands 22 to 99 etc wiiiiiiiiiiiiii $$$$$$$ . every1 wil say fold but il say depends how loose the opening raise of villain is? some say u shudnt raise fold  in the villains spot so he shudnt open small pairs here(so his range might actually be quite tight) and other hands he wont call off with but i know lots of people wont fold ace rag j9 etc here or 22 in an unopen pot so they open then fold to a shove and these are the types u wanta shove on as they drain chips so its good to shove over themm to chip up esp in live poker ive often shoved much worse in this spot vs loose openers and laugh when they make hero folds with aj or 88 when uve shipped over the top with j7 suited knowing u have loads of fold equity vs some people when they find ak its just mhhhh
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 09:15:40 AM »

AJ is probably a fold, although i probably ship AQ and if he tanks with AKs here then it is a definite slowroll imo
Sam Proffitt

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »

AJ is shove/fold, flatting pre is horrible. I would prob fold it but depends on reads, image etc.

The 2nd hand, I would make the call as well because when you lead the turn there are a ton of draws and bluffs in your range and when you fire the river you are so much more likely to have missed a draw than have 9x, and 9x/fh is pretty much the only thing youre firing 65k on the end for value, a queen or other pair is c/c all day in this spot.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: