blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 05:50:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272973 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  DTD £300 hand from this weekend.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 hand from this weekend.  (Read 2163 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »

Ok just want to get some oppinions on this hand from the £300 main event at DTD this weekend....

Day 2 about 20 minutes into the action. I have spent about 2 hours at this table the previous night. I think my image was tight but i had played an aggressive hand against an opponent late on day 1. Villain had been pretty short at the end of day 1 and had managed to build his stack at the end of the night.

Level 13 1200/2400/300

Hero 50k
Villain 38k

Villain had just been pushed off a hand with a 3 bet a couple of hands earlier...

Folds round to Villain(seat 4) who opens for 7k in mid position...

Hero(seat 5) looks down at     our move here is???
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:23:11 PM by Girgy85 » Logged

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 10:20:49 PM »

what are your relative positions?
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »

Amended OP
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:23:36 PM by Girgy85 » Logged

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 10:24:15 PM »

Fold for me i think Dan.

Prefer to open with less than flat call with this at this point.

I think reraising is with an ace and a jack is horrible. Your turning it into a bluff?
If he flats what do we want to hit? If he shoves its an easy pass?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »

I think it is a pass , calling is bad we arnt deep enough to play post , we can make it like 17 and pass to a shove? better opening with worse imho.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »

Villain is reading this so can you hang fire with a response then id like to get your thoughts if this is alright??

Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »

pass.

AJ plays horribly here against the 3-bet calling range - suited connectors would be better in this spot (and i doubt you would do it with them as there are just too many players behind)
W4SP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »

Dan, I am the villian in question and I was curious about this but didn't get a chance to talk obviously...I had a hand I wanted to discuss, it happened just before I bust but I noticed this thread and thought I'd comment...I hope you can tell from sitting next to me for a couple of hours I am being sincere and keen to become more active in the blonde ranks.  Been reading for years but didnt get myself an account until recently

I'm not sure how I'd play the hand if the roles were reveresed...I tend to lean towards the fold for the reasons mentioned above and because if it does get shipped in I dont want to be racing (at best) for the majority of my chips...

On the otherhand I fold a wide range of hands to you there AJ down plus any 1 of KQ and 7's down prob end up itm...you were a little unlucky to pick on the fish who cant fold AKs for his life ;-)

2012 Poker Goals

[ ] satellite into GUKPT Luton
[ ] win GUKPT Luton
[ ] give up job and go to WSOP
[ ] Never return to Sovereign Poker, Farnborough
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »

On the otherhand I fold a wide range of hands to you there AJ down plus any 1 of KQ and 7's down prob end up itm...you were a little unlucky to pick on the fish who cant fold AKs for his life ;-)

But if your looking for the fold you dont need the AJ and I dont think you should ever be folding AK here, its an easy call for your last 13 BB's

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
W4SP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 10:45:48 PM »

But if your looking for the fold you dont need the AJ and I dont think you should ever be folding AK here, its an easy call for your last 13 BB's

I was never folding as you said it's pretty much automatic...congrats on your cash by the way, a friend made the money but said it got a bit short, anyway I digress...

I can open with a reasonably wide range of hands so I understand the thought process and as Dan said I had raised and folded barely 5 mins before hand, persoanlly I'd put this down to bad timing, it can be avoided by folding but again it's not an auto fold, I assume you didnt pick up a tell indicating weakness Dan?

2012 Poker Goals

[ ] win GUKPT Luton
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 10:53:34 PM »

Ok so Villain opened for 7k...

I Shoved for 50k and it was folded around to Villain who tank Called with   

I thought you were opening with a wide range and also being close to the money positions i thought that i could get you to lay down quite a lot of hands here. Obv AK suited was not one of them...

W4SP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 10:56:42 PM »

Sorry if you wanted me to wait, read your post after I had posted..still getting used to this posting lark!

As you said the situation did make for an ideal opportunity to steal with less than premium.  If I may I'd like to hear your thoughts on a hand I had when we became 2 tables?

2012 Poker Goals

[ ] win GUKPT Luton
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »

Yea mate go for it...

W4SP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 11:09:02 PM »

OK...I have moved to a new table and the player in question Marc Wright hasn't seen me all tourney.  I am in BB with 240k he is in CO with 520k

It's folded to him and he makes it 18.5k at 4k/8k/800, folds to me, I choose to flat call.  He has raised with  Two Clubs

Flop... two spades

Check check

Turn...  I lead out for 26.5k he flat calls

River...  I fire again this time 65k into 100k give or take

He dwells for 90 seconds and calls sheepishly...what would you put me on here? I will reveal shortly, just curious...

2012 Poker Goals

[ ] win GUKPT Luton
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »

Ok just want to get some oppinions on this hand from the £300 main event at DTD this weekend....

Day 2 about 20 minutes into the action. I have spent about 2 hours at this table the previous night. I think my image was tight but i had played an aggressive hand against an opponent late on day 1. Villain had been pretty short at the end of day 1 and had managed to build his stack at the end of the night.

Level 13 1200/2400/300

Hero 50k
Villain 38k

Villain had just been pushed off a hand with a 3 bet a couple of hands earlier...

Folds round to Villain(seat 4) who opens for 7k in mid position...

Hero(seat 5) looks down at    our move here is???

The highlighted text gives you the mentality of villain. Put yourself in villain's shoes pls Girgy. If you were just 3-bet off a hand would you then immediately be opening for 20% of your 15bb stack with a wide range of hands? Saying you think he does is based on what?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: