blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:18:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272624 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Lost Land of the Volcano
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost Land of the Volcano  (Read 6557 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »

From the team who did 'Lost land of the Jaguar' last year in the amazon, starts tonight on BBC1, looks amazing...

This time their in Papa new Guinea, they find a new species of rat, 82cm in length!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mq3p1
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:33:07 AM by TheChipPrince » Logged

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »

Cool! Thanks for the heads up.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:33:39 AM »

thumbs up

The older I get, the better I was.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:39:15 AM »

Cheers, Should be good, in HD too  thumbs up

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:56:30 AM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

Blatant "I've got HD" brag post.

The older I get, the better I was.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »

anyone watch the program about 9/11 on last night? it was the best t.v program ive ever watched
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 12:31:18 PM »

anyone watch the program about 9/11 on last night? it was the best t.v program ive ever watched

Yeah very impressive especially the home videos where you get to hear genuine fear in people's voices. Very moving.

Must've been good. It kept me away from the pub.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 01:55:37 PM »

sky plussed it and just finished watching it now. pretty haunting stuff.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 02:07:07 PM »

Did you think it was a bit "Blair witch" but in daylight and you new it really did happen? Cus I did, especially the bit when there's a young woman in a building a couple of miles away with a camera who see's the second plane hit and goes nuts screaming.

"I don't want to be on the 32nd floor of this building, I've got to get out of here"

It really shows how people felt at the time. Why would anybody think that they weren't next? It was basically a war happening in their neighbourhood. Scary.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 02:13:01 PM »

Did you think it was a bit "Blair witch" but in daylight and you new it really did happen? Cus I did, especially the bit when there's a young woman in a building a couple of miles away with a camera who see's the second plane hit and goes nuts screaming.

"I don't want to be on the 32nd floor of this building, I've got to get out of here"

It really shows how people felt at the time. Why would anybody think that they weren't next? It was basically a war happening in their neighbourhood. Scary.

yes, very much so.  I remember when it happened feeling nervous being in a highrise building on the other side of the atlantic. God Knows how they must have felt seeing it with their own eyes. But yeah, seeing things from the perspecitve of the eye witnesses (and I related to the woman acting calmly telling her son to go to his room, then the horror in her voice when he was safely out of earshot) brings home again the extent of the horror faced by so many people that day.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »

this was one of the most immense bits of the whole program, her reaction was unreal, for a t.v program to make me recoil so often, put my hands on my head in despair and make me say"jesus christ" so often for the full two hours is just unbelievable.

no voiceover needed just two full chronological hours of the whole thing, seriously one of, if not, the best programs ive ever watched.

did have that sort of blairwitch(cant remember the name of the other film where the monster attacks NY) thing going on and it was just amazing, the sort of program that makes two years worth of crap t.v worthwhile when it comes along.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »

Does this actually have anything to do with Volcano's?

if not, ill not be watching a program about small Parrot's.....i could just go to my grandad's and talk to his!

Valcano's Rule!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Harmony26

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 10:30:16 PM »

Hi bolt, you thinking of Cloverfield...brilliant film which Bainn introduced me to.

Just sorry to miss the 9/11 programme and even more sorry that that was true life.

"Where there was Harmony, now there is Discord..."
Anon, APAt, Scotland
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 10:30:56 PM »

Hi bolt, you thinking of Cloverfield...brilliant film which Bainn introduced me to.

Just sorry to miss the 9/11 programme and even more sorry that that was true life.

The 9/11 programme is online - 4 on demand. I missed it but am gonna watch it tonight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: