blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand Advice Please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand Advice Please  (Read 3276 times)
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2005, 03:26:45 PM »

Since you lot are so helpful, I wouldn't mind another bit of hand advice on a hand I played last night.

I had played pretty damn awful all night but had managed to find myself in some chips after getting luck with an A9 vs AK, then picking up AA and KK in my BB once someone went all in.

£10 rebuy at Notts Gala as usual for me, top 20 paid and we've just hit 21 players and the first hand for hand round is being dealt.

Blinds are 3/6k and I've got 33k. We're 7 handed.

UTG passes and next players doubles the bet to 12k. I have no specific read on the player but from what I've seen would say he is fairly loose. It passes to me in the cut off point and I look at 77. He has about the same chips as me (1k more as it turns out).

I push all in, hoping that he'll pass as we're on the bubble.

As it is he called with 10c and flops a flush. No runner runner for me and i'm gone on the bubble.

Was this a bit reckless on my behalf? The reason I made the move was an attempt to keep my head clearly above the blinds as at 9k a round I was in trouble of getting myself short at the wrong time of the tourny. I believe I needed around 100k to have a decent chance at winning.

So basically, was this the right spot to move in or do I need better spots (i.e. unraised pots)?

Also, I am overrating people's tightness on the bubble. I have read almost everywhere that this is the best place to push people off hands, but this guy seemed happy to call with K10 despite me only showing down A9 (when I was short), AK, AA and KK thus far on the table.

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 03:32:37 PM »

Well, its the a fair fight almost 50 50, with the bubble looming I woujld have passed pocket 7's or flat called hoping for the trips, at least this way you have the option of outplaying them on the flop, and ifit feels a little fishy, muck them as you have a few more hands before the blinds are at you.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 03:34:21 PM »

You said he was loose and i'm not sure of your positioning but if no one had acted yet i could justify a move but i'm not going over the top all in. he has 5/2 on his call so a bad move i say.
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:42:11 PM »

Cool, thanks for the quick responses. I've been trying to play a more aggressive game recently, but still learning where to draw the line!

On the flip side was his call correct then? Like I say with the exception of A9 I'd only showed down AA, KK and AK on the table. Even with that in mind is it still a straight forward call on his behalf?

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 03:48:27 PM »

I like your move, your in a great position if you win this pot and you can't hang around for ever.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 03:54:18 PM »

You are making the move to take the pot down before the flop and i think you are unlikely to pull this off against this player. You  may possible have an overpair but you are more likely to be a in a coinflip for all your chips with enough chips to see a few more hands. I understand your play but i think you will get called and surely you don't want this.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 03:59:36 PM »

Um very agressive mate and a move you know i wouldn't make ,but not wrong in my opinion. His call is 21k into a pot now standing at 54k so yeah about 5 to 2 as someone said earlier. Now personally i would say stuff the odds im behind here and muck (tho i would passed k10 there to start off with). Purely odds wise he prob makes the right call, the only hands that he is really worried about are AA, KK or you having a king or a 10, the rest give him easily the right odds.

The only thing i would say about the original all in is that you are unlikely to push them off the hand for a number of reasons:

1) He only has 3 bb left in his stack if he passes.
2) This is the notts 10 pound rebuy therefore we are still in the land of two pictures being a monster and therefore not passable.
3) It is not really a major bubble, most people aren't going to thret over losing the 40 quid for 20th.

On the plus side you are gambling to win the tournament and you put your chips in ahead. On other night you will win the coin flip and have good chips probably making the play EV.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 09:50:39 AM »

Its a bad call by him, end of story, what is he beating, only K9. I wouldn't worry about it, you would have pushed in with AK I guess, you had a pair, a stronger hand than AK. I'm in Vegas at the moment and the americans love pairs and hate AK!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: