blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Blue Club poker festival, Bergen, Norway 13th to 19th June.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blue Club poker festival, Bergen, Norway 13th to 19th June.  (Read 9490 times)
sig75

Me and my kid brother on my graduation day

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2005, 06:54:15 PM »

Some more news:

Poker 425 is coming on Friday, staying until the final is over on Sunday. So I guess you Brits can get your 15 minutes of fame if you come over to beautiful Norway.

Tourism: A "Norway in a nutshell"-tour is available on Saturday or Sunday. This includes a train-ride to Voss, Train ride with "Flaamsbana", the worlds steepest railway, a boat-trip on the largest fjord in Norway (Sognefjorden), bus ride back to Voss and the train to Bergen again. Perfect for first-timers in Norway, as you get to see some magnificent scenery, and the chance to buy some chinese-produced "genuine" Troll souvenirs. Price: approx 500NOK, duration 6-8 hours.

Football: On Sunday, the top two Norwegian teams clash together in Bergen, Brann (Bergen) and Rosenborg (Trondheim). Contact me if interested in me buying tickets.

There will bean overall price in addition to the seperate tourney prizes. 3% of each tourney's prize pool is subtracted to this. Top 3 overall players for the whole festival divides this pool 50/30/20. The overall winner also gets a nice trophy and - hold your breath - a sponsored ticket to the Norwegian Championship of NL Hold'em for 2006. This ticket has a value of 4400NOK, approx $750. This is sponsored by Ladbrokes Poker.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 01:56:55 PM by sig75 » Logged

World peace and I'm out of a job
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2005, 01:48:43 PM »

Hmm. TRAIN ride to Voss. TRAIN ride on world's steepest railway. (It's a railway Sig, NOT a railroad). TRAIN back to Bergen.

WHAHOO!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2005, 08:57:33 PM »

OK Sig, just booked my flight, I come out on Friday, & come back to civilisation on Monday.

Now, hotel. My colleagues in Poker 425 tell me you recommended a local Raddison Hotel - there seems to be two, the Norge, & The Royal, but their website says they are both "unavailable". Can you give me an alternative please?

I also discussed this tourney with Willie Tann last night, the 2004 Rankings Winner, & he is 90% certain to come along as well, so the hotel info is quite urgent.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sig75

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2005, 12:59:58 AM »

Hey Tikay, call  me tomorrow and I will sort you out. If you want to sort it out yourself, both hotel Bristol and Strand hotel are decent hotels downtown.

sig75

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2005, 01:09:15 AM »

And finally, the wa****s at Ladbrokes have put the satelite out on the MTT tab. It is also possible to paydirectly into the Main Event now under the MTT tab. Sunday at 7 p.m. - don't be late!

This is a TWO SEATS GUARANTEED $50+5 rebuy tournament, with unlimited rebuys for 60 minutes and one top-up. Very good value in this tourney!

In addition to the two seats, Ladbrokes will donate $240 to each of the top 2 so they can pay for (some of) the travel/beer/hotel costs.

sig75

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2005, 01:31:35 AM »

Rainbow Hotel Bristol
Torgalmenningen 11
5014 Bergen
Tel: +47 55 55 10 00

Strand Hotel
Strandkaien 2-4
5013 Bergen
Tel: +47 55 59 33 00

Radisson SAS Hotel Norge
Nedre Ole Bulls Plass 4
5012 Bergen
Tel: +47 55 57 30 00

Neptun Hotell
Valkendorfsgaten 8
5012 Bergen
Tel: +47 55 30 68 00

These are all nice hotels down town.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2005, 01:48:27 AM »

Radisson SAS Hotel Norge
Nedre Ole Bulls Plass 4
5012 Bergen
Tel: +47 55 57 30 00

These are all nice hotels down town.

dont stay in any hotel run by the sas you might be safe from the enermy but those are the only guys in the world that scare me got to have 2 loose screws to even think about joining

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
sig75

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2005, 01:50:05 AM »

Scandinavian Airline System, not Special Air Service..... No soldiers running around the reception desk with huge guns.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2005, 01:56:04 AM »

Scandinavian Airline System, not Special Air Service..... No soldiers running around the reception desk with huge guns.

phew you had me scared

i ate in the mess at a base used by the sas when we were used as cannon folder for one of there exercises there cooks leave alot to be desired and i certainly wouldn't let them loose on paying guests

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2005, 10:07:31 PM »

Hey Sig, what are you doing to me? I just visited www.blueclub.no & saw this plastered all over the page.......

"....TIKAY IS COMING!

Tony Kendall from www.blondepoker & Poker 425 (seen on British television) has announced that he is coming over. He will probably play some other events as well, & will surely be a force to be reckoned with when the player of the festival prize is announced...."

Has "announced".......? "Force to be reckoned with"?

Jeez, your fellow countrymen will think I can play or something. Humble early exit, amid much embarrassment, beckons......

sig75

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2005, 12:46:37 AM »

Just play your rock tight "I-play-only-Aces-Kendall"-style, and you will surely have enough to post blinds for five-six hours. And by then some young Norwegian is bound to be knocked out, so you will not get an early exit. At least not first... Tongue

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2005, 12:55:03 AM »

Ahh, you have rumbled my game then......

sig75

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »

Today the first event of the festival starts! In just an hour or so, the first fishes will arrive to the 200NOK NL Hold'em rebuy. More than 75 people are expected, and that is good, considering the local football team (Brann Bergen) plays their neighbouring rivals from Stavanger (Viking Stavanger) today. (Go Brann!!!)

I will update the info when we get down to the money or so, look after it in the Live Update Section.

Sig

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2005, 07:35:23 PM »

Yes please Sig, keep us updated.

By the way, we are booked into the Hotel Bristol.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2005, 09:23:42 PM »

Obviously you have a hidden agenda........the train.

I wondered why you were so keen.

I look forward to the trip report  ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: