blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273149 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  CANDICE DTD WAITRESS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CANDICE DTD WAITRESS  (Read 17652 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »

Are poker tournaments for Greeks only or Norwegians only also "racist" ?

The Norweigan ones, possibly, but not the Greek ones. We don't let others in for their own good as its not fair for us to just take your money that easily.

In seriousness though, we let other nationalities play.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2009, 01:37:33 PM »

i find all this discusting ,if they had a miss beauty contest for whites only they would be eruptions .
and i have a good reason for saying this,after being accused of being racist for calling this lady a coloured bird.

i`v become cos`s bitch
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »

i find all this discusting ,if they had a miss beauty contest for whites only they would be eruptions .
and i have a good reason for saying this,after being accused of being racist for calling this lady a coloured bird.
'
LOL Barry your quality, what offended her? Was it being called a 'Bird' or 'coloured' or were you just covering all bases to make sure she would be upset?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 01:49:59 PM by Woodsey » Logged
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2009, 01:51:44 PM »

'
LOL Barry your quality, what offended her? Was it being called a 'Bird' or 'coloured' or were you just covering all bases to make sure she would be upset?

Lol @ woodsey.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »

but is she  right according to this,

http://www.colormatters.com/vis_bk_white.html
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2009, 01:57:46 PM »

Nothing racist about the term coloured imo.

My grandad whose parents were of West Indian origin is coloured.

He would get deeply offended if anyone called him black. He says "I'm brown, not black" and prefers the term coloured if a term has to be used at all.

I've used the term coloured since I was a kid and still use it now. If anybody gets offended I just explain why I use the term and why I will always use it regardless of their opinion and they seem to accept it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2009, 02:00:37 PM »

According to that she is wrong though.

Nobody on this planet is actually black as far as I've seen. There are various colours from very pale to very dark but nobody is black and nobody is white.

If anything we are all coloured.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2009, 02:03:08 PM »

i know I aint white as i just put a sheet of A4 paper against me and i'm nowhwere near it
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2009, 02:23:30 PM »

Nobody on this planet is actually black as far as I've seen. There are various colours from very pale to very dark but nobody is black and nobody is white.

I'm not sure on the reasons for the word being considered derogatory by some, but I think it goes back to the discrimination of non-whites, and the term coloured is used to single out 'non-whites' which like you've pointed out we're all different shades of whatever and a typical blue-eyed, blonde haired Scandinavian is going be a very different skin shade to a Mediterranean European - but both would be considered 'white'. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »

I'm not sure on the reasons for the word being considered derogatory by some, but I think it goes back to the discrimination of non-whites, and the term coloured is used to single out 'non-whites' which like you've pointed out we're all different shades of whatever and a typical blue-eyed, blonde haired Scandinavian is going be a very different skin shade to a Mediterranean European - but both would be considered 'white'. 

I would assume it's because in recent history when black people were actually discriminated against unlike now when we're all judged on other attributes (ie a twat is a twat no matter what colour they are) the term coloured was used more often.

In South Africa for instance there were white sections and coloured sections of cafes. There were white and coloured toilets. White and coloured areas on buses. Etc... If the term black had been used then I'm sure that we would all now have to use a different term to avoid upsetting someone.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »

I would assume it's because in recent history when black people were actually discriminated against unlike now when we're all judged on other attributes (ie a twat is a twat no matter what colour they are) the term coloured was used more often.

In South Africa for instance there were white sections and coloured sections of cafes. There were white and coloured toilets. White and coloured areas on buses. Etc... If the term black had been used then I'm sure that we would all now have to use a different term to avoid upsetting someone.

Most probably.  Like you said, the word Black doesn't really describe the skin colour, but more people of 'African' origin/appearance.  I just think that 'coloured' is a useless term for the reasons mentioned. 

Surely the point is that if someone uses a term and it's not meant to be derogatory and it doesn't lead to discrimination then it shouldn't be a problem.  Proberly.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2009, 04:59:35 PM »

Most probably.  Like you said, the word Black doesn't really describe the skin colour, but more people of 'African' origin/appearance.  I just think that 'coloured' is a useless term for the reasons mentioned. 

Surely the point is that if someone uses a term and it's not meant to be derogatory and it doesn't lead to discrimination then it shouldn't be a problem.  Proberly.

Definitely. It's the intent the word that is important.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »

It's funny how all the opinion has been about the morality of a Miss Black UK contest and whether it discriminates against other people. But wait. A beauty contest discriminates against the majority of people, most of whom are ugly and couldn't fulfill the criteria. If the competiton was to find the ugliest black person rather than the most beautiful there would be lots more discontent imo. Hmmm. So it's interesting to note that colour as a qualifying attribute for a competition attracts lots of attention but beauty as a qualiification attracts none. Beauty is still how you look externally and how others perceive you. An event to find the most beautiful looking black person isn't about external equality and I'm not sure I like that. Personally though I do think beauty contests are pretty much all good.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »

It's funny how all the opinion has been about the morality of a Miss Black UK contest and whether it discriminates against other people. But wait. A beauty contest discriminates against the majority of people, most of whom are ugly and couldn't fulfill the criteria. If the competiton was to find the ugliest black person rather than the most beautiful there would be lots more discontent imo. Hmmm. So it's interesting to note that colour as a qualifying attribute for a competition attracts lots of attention but beauty as a qualiification attracts none. Beauty is still how you look externally and how others perceive you. An event to find the most beautiful looking black person isn't about external equality and I'm not sure I like that. Personally though I do think beauty contests are pretty much all good.

Think this was mentioned earlier, but in fewer words Wink

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2009, 05:22:26 PM »

Think this was mentioned earlier, but in fewer words Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: