blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.  (Read 136210 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2009, 10:15:46 PM »

So which blonde shareholder has got cosy with the americans and found a new revenue stream in Iraq then.
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 15, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »

At time of Posting this, we have yet to be favoured with a reply to Rich's latest letter (above).

So there it is - we can't see any way out of this but to accept their proposals to terminate Loyalty Bonus Pyments effective 1st December. We don't exactly feel good about this, we are incredibly sorry, but we hope you can see the spot we are in.

And just to compound everything, if the Players stop playing on blonde, we shall be stuck in the near-term for £7k, & Aqua may try to use all or some of that to offest our liability to them for the Chargebacks. We are confident we can clear the debt in due course, given the variety of interested parties in negotiation with us going forward.

James & Kev will be contacting our bigger Players this afternoon & this evening to prevail upon them, if possible, to play on blonde until Termination of our License.

Jeez, what a nightmare this all is.

All questions will be answered fully, fire away.

I'm still waiting to be contacted about this.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 15, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »

At time of Posting this, we have yet to be favoured with a reply to Rich's latest letter (above).

So there it is - we can't see any way out of this but to accept their proposals to terminate Loyalty Bonus Pyments effective 1st December. We don't exactly feel good about this, we are incredibly sorry, but we hope you can see the spot we are in.

And just to compound everything, if the Players stop playing on blonde, we shall be stuck in the near-term for £7k, & Aqua may try to use all or some of that to offest our liability to them for the Chargebacks. We are confident we can clear the debt in due course, given the variety of interested parties in negotiation with us going forward.

James & Kev will be contacting our bigger Players this afternoon & this evening to prevail upon them, if possible, to play on blonde until Termination of our License.

Jeez, what a nightmare this all is.

All questions will be answered fully, fire away.

I'm still waiting to be contacted about this.

Will get you on msn Rob ... I have contacted people who dont use the forum.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »

Not just blonde - copied from another forum.

Dear <First Name>

If you are not already aware iPoker will be implementing a new policy in the New Year which will categorise players depending upon certain criteria. The new policy will also impose penalties upon card rooms that in essence, have a high proportion of winning players in relation to losing players.

Regrettably therefore, we are being forced to restrict a number of accounts in order to comply with the new policy and to avoid penalisation by iPoker and it grieves me to inform you that we have no option for the time being other than to restrict the cash game stakes at which you can play on Victor Chandler Poker.

We sincerely regret having to take this action and hope that the policy will change in the future so that you may once again enjoy playing cash games at Victor Chandler Poker. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this action will cause but know that you can still play in our tournaments and on any other of the Victor Chandler suite of products.

Yours sincerely
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2009, 05:19:56 PM »

LOL ipoker ... they couldn't run a bath never mind a business !!  ... I have been pretty restrained thus far on this subject ... but FFS, which idiot is making the decisions there ?  ... are they really that thick that they can not grasp the simple fact that if they get rid of all the players that are winning, someone else will win and so on, then they ban them too and all of a sudden you have a network with ZERO cash game liquidity ... My nephew wants a Cowboy outfit for Xmas, I might just buy him ipoker !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2009, 06:20:58 PM »

LOL ipoker ... they couldn't run a bath never mind a business !!  ... I have been pretty restrained thus far on this subject ... but FFS, which idiot is making the decisions there ?  ... are they really that thick that they can not grasp the simple fact that if they get rid of all the players that are winning, someone else will win and so on, then they ban them too and all of a sudden you have a network with ZERO cash game liquidity ... My nephew wants a Cowboy outfit for Xmas, I might just buy him ipoker !!

Kev calls it bang on.

Although I think what you'll see as well is the occasional shark sneaking in until they get restricted, after all they've just made it a real fishtank haven't they?

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 18, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »

Wait till next year to buy your nephew ipoker Kev

You'll be able to pick it up for a fiver

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 18, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »

Kev calls it bang on.

Although I think what you'll see as well is the occasional shark sneaking in until they get restricted, after all they've just made it a real fishtank haven't they?

Not necessarily.

The sharks now have to play somewhere that can cover their winnings amongst it's fish. ie Billy Hills and Titan. You'd think they had a share in ipoker. Oh wait....
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 18, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »

ive just seen this.,.,and i am pissing myself wtf ipoker.,.,.,anyways ive banne myself from every poker site as i cant win f-all.,.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 18, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »

ive just seen this.,.,and i am pissing myself wtf ipoker.,.,.,anyways ive banne myself from every poker site as i cant win f-all.,.,

stick to reg plate
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 19, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »

Kev calls it bang on.

Not necessarily.

The sharks now have to play somewhere that can cover their winnings amongst it's fish. ie Billy Hills and Titan. You'd think they had a share in ipoker. Oh wait....

I was going along the assumption that they'll hit every skin the same. You may be right though.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 19, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »

Kev calls it bang on.

Not necessarily.

I was going along the assumption that they'll hit every skin the same. You may be right though.

Yeah you'd think (hope) so eh?

These fines came into play almost immediately after William Hill bought into the network. Strange coincidence that. At the time of the "merger" there were all sorts of news reports that Will Hill bought a piece of ipoker as part of the deal or vice versa. I think it's pretty common knowledge that Titan are ipoker's skin.

Secondly, there are skins out there (like blonde) who have never nabbed someone else's player in their existence. Why not create a system where this type of skin is not hurt with the fines designed to stop poachers? (Someone posted a great idea of how to do this earlier in the thread and it's a system that other networks use)

It comes down to large skins spending vast sums of money on advertising to bring in new players only for those players to eventually leave for a better deal elsewhere on the same network - even if they weren't poached. But this has always been something the larger skins have moaned about. Why change policy now? Maybe becuase it's now the network's money that's being spent on the recruiting via way of well known branded skins? (ie do ipoker pay for any skin's advertising - or maybe a portion of it?) I'm guessing here but my guesses are usually pretty good when it comes to ipoker.

The long term play with these fines has been what is happening right now - creating an oligopoly where the huge rakers belong to the huge skins. New skins, of which there are many (strangely), have little hope without a large budget. Unless of course they are also backed by the network... curiouser and curiouser.

Cake Network will pwn ipoker within 3 years anywho imo.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 19, 2009, 07:38:56 PM »

Ive been putting in some sick sessions 1 tabling no more than 6 .25/.50 unlimited holdem to help out

[X] Ive made some money
[  ] The rake generated will dint the debt
[  ]  Grin

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
faireycakes

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 26, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »

are you old boys getting anywhere with this? 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 26, 2009, 02:04:05 PM »

are you old boys getting anywhere with this? 

Yes!

Lots of toing & froing with various Parties.

We've taken a 2 day sabbatical over Xmas, but get back to trying to sort the wheat from the chaff tomorrow.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: