blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.  (Read 136189 times)
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: December 26, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »

are you old boys getting anywhere with this?  

Yes!

Lots of toing & froing with various Parties.

We've taken a 2 day sabbatical over Xmas, but get back to trying to sort the wheat from the chaff tomorrow.
Cake presumably still in the mix then?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 26, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »

Groan......Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 26, 2009, 11:55:41 PM »

Yes!

We've taken a 2 day sabbatical over Xmas, but get back to trying to sort the wheat from the chaff tomorrow.

Days off over xmas WFT!, some people got it easy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 27, 2009, 12:02:56 AM »

Yes!

2 day holiday from sorting that - not  2 day holiday! I worked a bit yesterday, & did a 15 hour stint today. Need to do something to avoid this damn "festive season".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »

Hi All,

For what it is worth to you I have been following this thread and asked a poker manager from Victor Chandler exactly what the situation was with the account restrictions. Below is their response. Hope it helps to shed some light.

The truth of the matter is that we have restricted the cash game stakes at which a number of players can play and which effectively means we will lose these players. The reason why we have done this is because iPoker will be implementing a new policy in the New Year which will class every player on a monthly basis as a fish or a shark and which will penalise card rooms that have too many sharks in relation to fish. As it stands, we are top heavy with sharks and, despite the fact that our win/loss ratio is fine, we stand to be fined heavily by iPoker under this new scoring system and so we have had to reduce the number of sharks that we have in order to comply and avoid penalisation . It really galls us to have to do this not only because of the negative feedback and the inconvenience to the players but because the fish to shark scoring system is a farce in as much as even losing players can be classed as a sharks. Ridiculous isn’t it – when did you ever hear of a losing player being called a shark? What’s more, if the categorisation of the players was such that only winning players were classed as sharks we wouldn’t have had to make these account restrictions in the first place and so this whole topic has been created by the absurd scoring system about to be introduced by iPoker.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/ipoker-penalizing-winning-cash-game-players-661606/
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2009, 08:22:08 PM »

Yes!

2 day holiday from sorting that - not  2 day holiday! I worked a bit yesterday, & did a 15 hour stint today. Need to do something to avoid this damn "festive season".
Glad to hear it Tikay, only way to get through the period IMO.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »

Why don't they want winning players on there?  It's not like you win off the company, you win off other players and you pay more rake, surely winning = good for the company?

(prob been answered but I've not read the whole thread, cliff notes as to why it's bad would be appreciated)

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »

Why don't they want winning players on there?  It's not like you win off the company, you win off other players and you pay more rake, surely winning = good for the company?

(prob been answered but I've not read the whole thread, cliff notes as to why it's bad would be appreciated)

prefer big winning cash players to be playing on the bigger skins

thats as short as i can get

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: December 29, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »

Its because winning players don't deposit (or at least they withdraw far more than they deposit) so even though they are paying rake, they are paying it with money taken off the fish that do deposit.

A poker room can never make more income than whats deposited, so the ideal situation would be for a few big fish making large deposits and then passing the money round each other until its all gone in rake. A winning player making regular withdrawals means that the poker room has to get a higher level of deposits to make the same amount of money.

In economics it works the same as Money Supply Theory with Rake being the equivalent of Tax and Withdrawals being the same as Savings.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »

LOL ipoker ... they couldn't run a bath never mind a business !!  ... I have been pretty restrained thus far on this subject ... but FFS, which idiot is making the decisions there ?  ... are they really that thick that they can not grasp the simple fact that if they get rid of all the players that are winning, someone else will win and so on, then they ban them too and all of a sudden you have a network with ZERO cash game liquidity ... My nephew wants a Cowboy outfit for Xmas, I might just buy him ipoker !!

This is certainly true, but those new winning players perhaps wouldn't be winning money off the weaker anywhere near as quickly due to not being as good and playing less volume/tables.
h

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »

any news ?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2010, 09:06:27 PM »

Working towards an announcement at the end of the month at the latest.

In the meantime the current blonde card-room is open for business as normal and we'd be very grateful if people played on it as normal until we can make our intentions clear. Thanks!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 05, 2010, 09:16:55 PM »

I will be announcing January's league as soon as I get confirmation from ipoker that they have set up the comps.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »

any news ?

This

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »

still working to an end of January deadline.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: