blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:09:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd.  (Read 221991 times)
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: December 21, 2009, 10:43:45 AM »

legendary updating there Rich  

WP  to all the blondes......................and DTD
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 21, 2009, 10:51:44 AM »

Chuffed for Wadey. Love being on his table , plenty of banter and bad beat stories.

Well played that man.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: December 21, 2009, 11:19:55 AM »

See what happens when you don't mess about with 92 suited spades! Very nice score Cos, the line to me saying its only a matter of time before i bink a decent score couldnt have been more true!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1173 on: December 21, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »

Chuffed for Wadey. Love being on his table , plenty of banter and bad beat stories.

Well played that man.

Bad beat stories? Wadey? Are you sure you have the right bloke?

The older I get, the better I was.
oyoysavaloy

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 21, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »

Paul Ratchford hits a straight to bring the stacks almost even at this point they decide to split, Wadey an extra £10k, and Paul an extra £8k

So Paul Ratchford wins £53,000 for finishing second. Nice start to a holiday

and the winner, Waheed Ashraf from Nottingham winning £68,000
. Well played

This is such a disappointing way to end a great tourney. I understand the reasons to deal, but surely you would want to play it out to see who actually wins?

Brilliant updates Tighty, very entertaining.

Meh, its OK if we all have your BR. Us mere mortals needs to lock some shit up. I guess most of us random fish care more about the wedge that a random trophy, sorry but true.

Isn't 45k and 50k enough of a lock-up? I agree with Stu, always frustrates me as a viewer when they do a deal, and then another deal for what they left to play for.

Nevertheless, absolutely thrilled for Wade. One of the nice guys at Gala/DTD.

Easy to say when your not in that position IMO.........but if it was me I would not be worried about what anyone else (viewers) think. I'd be focused on getting the maximum for myself with minimum risk, unless I was Moorman, pab etc which I'm not even close to obv...........
Couple of options to resolve this 1) DTD do same as poker stars and say there must be xxxx amount at the end to play for 2) DTD do similar to bellagio and keep xxx amount for another simialr type tournament?
Updates have been simply superb tighty but I feel same as Stuart, abit of anti climax at the end with so many deals done and nothing to play for at the end of it
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 21, 2009, 02:25:59 PM »

I felt a bit the same tbh, a bit of an anti-climax but its up to the players who have played three days to get there, no one else of course

a couple of points worth bearing in mind

With regard to the four way deal Mr Miah was very keen to deal, and furthermore appeared to play to ladder for a lot of the final table (and Turk pressurised him mercilessly via his play and speechplay) and the fact that he was willing to take below what many think to be "fair value" undoubtedly helped smooth a deal

With regard to the Heads Up deal, Mr Ratchford is a recreational player on holiday, being watched over by his lovely partner.....I would think that had an influence

I would also think the 30 or so people watching Wadey, possibly some with shares and cross books, also had an influence

an influence on the pair of them quite liking an extra £8k/£10k guaranteed thank you very much rather than risk getting £0 extra.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 21, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »

legendary updating there Rich  

WP  to all the blondes......................and DTD

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 21, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »

Paul Ratchford hits a straight to bring the stacks almost even at this point they decide to split, Wadey an extra £10k, and Paul an extra £8k

So Paul Ratchford wins £53,000 for finishing second. Nice start to a holiday

and the winner, Waheed Ashraf from Nottingham winning £68,000
. Well played

This is such a disappointing way to end a great tourney. I understand the reasons to deal, but surely you would want to play it out to see who actually wins?

Brilliant updates Tighty, very entertaining.

Meh, its OK if we all have your BR. Us mere mortals needs to lock some shit up. I guess most of us random fish care more about the wedge that a random trophy, sorry but true.

Isn't 45k and 50k enough of a lock-up? I agree with Stu, always frustrates me as a viewer when they do a deal, and then another deal for what they left to play for.

Nevertheless, absolutely thrilled for Wade. One of the nice guys at Gala/DTD.

Easy to say when your not in that position IMO.........but if it was me I would not be worried about what anyone else (viewers) think. I'd be focused on getting the maximum for myself with minimum risk, unless I was Moorman, pab etc which I'm not even close to obv...........
Couple of options to resolve this 1) DTD do same as poker stars and say there must be xxxx amount at the end to play for 2) DTD do similar to bellagio and keep xxx amount for another simialr type tournament?
Updates have been simply superb tighty but I feel same as Stuart, abit of anti climax at the end with so many deals done and nothing to play for at the end of it

i am of the opinion that if the club/site add money to a tournament then yes, they can have some say in how it is dealt/played for.

if it is just all the players money though it really has nothing to do with them.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 21, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »

can't really blame the players for taking the deal in the first place, i was aiming for top four places as i knew a deal would be on the cards, i don't mind admitting that. For just about every player on the FT this was a hell of a lot of money. Unfortunately i got short-stacked, no good spots at the FT and the guy next to me doubled with TT>AA.

However i am surprised that they agreed the secondary deal afterwards, i do think the original deal should stand and whatever was left to play for should be played for.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 21, 2009, 02:41:51 PM »

Perhaps the payout structure should be slightly flatter? Not massively but just a little bit. Was the same in the £300 the jumps just got massive (though not to the same scale as in the £1k obv).

Blue text
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 21, 2009, 03:00:08 PM »

When the 4 way deal was done we calculated the exact value of the players chips.

Turk wanted everyone to give up £5000 each so there was £20,000 to play for , Ash wanted to lock up £30,000 but this wasn't fair as his chip value was £33,000 meaning the others would have to give up £17,000 between them . In the end instead of guaranteeing £28,000 Ash got £29,000 and Wadey gave up £1,000.

This left £18,000 to play for , still a considerable amount when you consider Paul had £45,000 locked up so should he win it would add 40% more and Wadey had £58.000 so again the £18,000 was 30% more for him.

By 12pm both players were shatterred and when Wadey suggested chopping the £18,000 £10,000 / £8000 this was a good deal for Paul and he took it.

I then expected them to play for the win and the trophy but it stopped there .

I would have preferred it if they played on for the £18,000 as if Paul won he would also receive the most money but at the end of the day the players were happy with the deal so it's their choice.

Everyone played well at the final and if Turks QQ had stood up it would have been a different result but for me the two best players on the day deserved to come first and second.

Hope you all enjoyed it.

Have a great xmas and don't forget we have our 20/20 next weekend Sunday 27th / Monday 28th , we will either be packed with players who have had 3 days off over xmas or there could be a nice overlay due to travelling players staying at home !

Merry Xmas to you all

ACES

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 21, 2009, 03:04:48 PM »

I'd have took the heads up deal in a second.

Who the hell wants to play a 200 big blind HU with a 75 minute clock?

You could be there for hours. Ship the 8k / 10k and head off to the bar imo.

WP both and well done on dealing to end the possibility of a 4 hour heads up battle at the end of which one of you gets sweet F.A.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 21, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »

Yeah the same thing happened in the £300 and is pretty standard. You make a deal with 4 left with something to play for you get heads up and chop it.

I dont see how its an anti climax at all but I really dont see poker as a spectator sport.

Imo the money is theirs and they can do what they want, if they want to chop it all up theres no point carrying on playing.

Anyone who thinks deals are gay obv takes the game far too seriously, most of us just want to walk off with something were happy with, winning a tourney is nice for 3 minutes but winning a few bags is nice for a few days.

If DTD tried to impose rules on leaving money to play for it might keep the few in the audience who care happy, the majority wouldnt give a shit about it and the people at the table would be thinking what the fuck are they saying we cant do with our own money?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
mike saban

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 21, 2009, 03:50:43 PM »

Great Updates Tighty, great tourney DTD.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 21, 2009, 04:24:14 PM »

When the 4 way deal was done we calculated the exact value of the players chips.

Assuming the chip counts posted are correct i don't see how you did this, as even on a chip count deal his stack was worth 33k, obviously its worth more than that given the non linear value

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: