blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272938 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  CheckRaise Stunner.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CheckRaise Stunner.  (Read 2927 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:45:35 PM »

".....12th January, 2010

Lisandro and Ainsworth nominated for European Poker Awards in Paris

Two Check Raise Management Players have been recognised for their achievements in poker by making the finals of the European Poker Awards, to be held at the Aviation Club, Paris on the 12th February. PokerStars Team Pro Jude Ainsworth has already picked up Irish Player of the year.  He hopes to kick off 2010 with another piece of silverware in the ‘internet player of the year’ category.  Meanwhile WSOP Player of the Year Lisandro has an opportunity to pick up two awards as he battles it out for ‘European Player of the year’ and ‘outstanding tournament performance’. Commenting from Melbourne , Australia , Lisandro said “To be nominated for two awards is fantastic news; it really is an honour ”.

Also available for interview

Sammy George

Andrew Feldman......"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:52:20 PM »

Good old Nik, did you let him have your e-mail then Tikay you must be mad Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »

Good old Nik, did you let him have your e-mail then Tikay you must be mad Cheesy

No. I have no idea from where they found it.

The list of "also available for Interview" seems far less than it used to be. I'll look up a previous missive, but I'm sure there used to be 6 or 7 of them. Perhaps they decided to concentrate on the major faces & names.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:01:40 PM »

".....12th January, 2010

Lisandro and Ainsworth nominated for European Poker Awards in Paris

Two Check Raise Management Players have been recognised for their achievements in poker by making the finals of the European Poker Awards, to be held at the Aviation Club, Paris on the 12th February. PokerStars Team Pro Jude Ainsworth has already picked up Irish Player of the year.  He hopes to kick off 2010 with another piece of silverware in the ‘internet player of the year’ category.  Meanwhile WSOP Player of the Year Lisandro has an opportunity to pick up two awards as he battles it out for ‘European Player of the year’ and ‘outstanding tournament performance’. Commenting from Melbourne , Australia , Lisandro said “To be nominated for two awards is fantastic news; it really is an honour ”.

The businessman who donates shedloads but seems a nice enough guy....

The rat who wouldn't think twice about stabbing you in the back......"

**courtesy of LetsPromoteaNobodyPokerManagement.com

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »

The list of "also available for Interview" seems far less than it used to be. I'll look up a previous missive, but I'm sure there used to be 6 or 7 of them. Perhaps they decided to concentrate on the major faces & names.

Yep lol. Just found this in an old e-mail...

Roberto Romanello

Sammy 'Any Two' George

Andrew Feldman

Paul Zimbler

Rich 'Chufty' Ashby

Jude 'J Thaddeus' Ainsworth

Think a few pulled out for personal reasons.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »

These were the names previouisly listed.

Roberto Romanello

Sammy ‘Any Two’George

Paul ‘The Marbella Kid’Zimbler

Rich ‘Chufty’ Ashby

Jude ‘J Thaddeus’ Ainsworth

Tony Phillips

I have to say, with due respect to all concerned. Why on earth would  Poker Player engage an Agent? I'm curious, not critical. What can a "Poker Agent" do that a kid with a bit of nous about him could not do himself?

The first "Poker Agent" I ever became involved with (via blonde, & we lost over £4k on the deal) was Catman. And I still can't figure how he earns money from poker players to this day!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 01:10:33 PM »

Roberto Romanello

Sammy ‘Any Two’George

Rich ‘Chufty’ Ashby

Tony Phillips

I have to say, with due respect to all concerned. Why on earth would  Poker Player engage an Agent? I'm curious, not critical. What can a "Poker Agent" do that a kid with a bit of nous about him could not do himself?

The first "Poker Agent" I ever became involved with (via blonde, & we lost over £4k on the deal) was Catman. And I still can't figure how he earns money from poker players to this day!

Don't even start on Catman....guy is completely clueless.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 01:11:08 PM »

Pray tell...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »

I don't really know mate, but Nik's a friend of mine so I can't really comment.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 01:18:30 PM »

Roberto Romanello

Sammy ‘Any Two’George

Rich ‘Chufty’ Ashby

Tony Phillips

I have to say, with due respect to all concerned. Why on earth would  Poker Player engage an Agent? I'm curious, not critical. What can a "Poker Agent" do that a kid with a bit of nous about him could not do himself?

Was that the Blondepoker School, up the West End?
An excellent allocation of resources IMO......Claw .Silo and myself finally learnt how to play! Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »

Roberto Romanello

Sammy ‘Any Two’George

Rich ‘Chufty’ Ashby

Tony Phillips

I have to say, with due respect to all concerned. Why on earth would  Poker Player engage an Agent? I'm curious, not critical. What can a "Poker Agent" do that a kid with a bit of nous about him could not do himself?

Was that the Blondepoker School, up the West End?
An excellent allocation of resources IMO......Claw .Silo and myself finally learnt how to play! Cheesy

The very one. Cost us £4k that. The miles of press coverage promised never materialised, & in the few articles that did appear, Mr Cat forgot to mention the name of........blondepoker.com.

I mean, really, if you want articles in poker print media, is it really that difficult to sort out?

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 07:40:03 PM »

The only situation I can imagine a poker agent being any use, is negotiating a deal with an online site. For example if you make the "November 9" there is potentially quite a lot offers going to come your way and the online sites certainly are initially going to offer deals that don't necessarily meet your potential earnings from it.

Of course this kind of tripe is ridic I mean you have to be really into your poker to even have heard of these people.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 08:09:01 PM »

The only situation I can imagine a poker agent being any use, is negotiating a deal with an online site. For example if you make the "November 9" there is potentially quite a lot offers going to come your way and the online sites certainly are initially going to offer deals that don't necessarily meet your potential earnings from it.

Of course this kind of tripe is ridic I mean you have to be really into your poker to even have heard of these people.

You would trust one of these Poker Agencies to do this on your behalf? Assuming they could get you a better deal than you could? Say it ain't so, please!

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »

You would trust one of these Poker Agencies to do this on your behalf? Assuming they could get you a better deal than you could? Say it ain't so, please!

It was more a theoretical spot where they might be of some use, for example if Darvin Moon wanted sponsorship last year they would have probably ripped him off but got a better deal than Darvin could have negotiated himself.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »

http://www.pokerplayer.co.uk/news/features/9961/why_the_poker_world_needs_poker_agents.html

imo doesnt explain why the world needs poker agents, just describes what they do (sort of)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: